Smells like a tag, right? RIGHT.
– each nominee must answer 11 questions.
– create 11 questions for the next nominees to answer.
– link back to who nominated them
– choose 11 people and link them to your post
– go to their page and tell them
– no tag backs!
(What is it with the number 11?! Eleven is the new ten?)
Amanda’s 11 questions are as follows:
1. If no one would judge you for your author picture, what would you be doing in the picture/where would you be?
MIME: I have no idea. I’ve never really thought about strange author bios…
CAIT: I wouldn’t be in the picture.
2. What actress/actor/character is your spirit animal?
CAIT: Frankly, I don’t know what this means. But if we just want to talk about animals, I will say llamas are interesting. Kusco is a lama. Kusco is Disney. Enough said, right?
MIME: No. No, no, Cait, you’ve got it all wrong. “The bear of love!” “Who wants to trade?” (Thunk) “There will be no trading!”
3. Most embarrassing writerly mistake?
MIME: If writing mistake means typo, then I’ve made a lot of bad ones. For instance, my finger always glosses over the second “O” in “good.” As you can imagine, the results make for entertaining, if frequently disturbing sentences.
CAIT: Words! Ack. Who knew they were so crucial to the writing process? I have no idea what a lot of words mean. Take for instance: droll. Doesn’t that sound “boring” too you? NO. It means funny. I also think the English language is rather bizarre. Take the “i before e except after c” rule. Who made that up? They were WEIRD.
4. Biggest author crush right now.
CAIT: How scary a question is this?! Crush…pft. But since we’re here, I will admit that I am greatly admiring the works of John Green, Michael Grant, and CS Lewis. Yes, the last one is dead. No, that makes no difference.
MIME: Far too hard, I’m afraid.
5. How is your MC like or not like you when you were his/her age?
CAIT: Current MC is Tony from CANONIC. I did not have red-hair when I was 16. (Pity.) But I did have an excellent understanding of the world of iTunes and music. Music, music everywhere. Play it. Listen to it. Sing it. Sit on it. MUSIC. I still do.
MIME: Hmm. My MC, also from CANONIC, is also sixteen. I haven’t gotten there yet, so yeah. I’d like to say that I was as awesome as Jo is, but that I didn’t make her mistakes, but, um… it’s a year off.
6. Is there a scene/joke/catastrophe in your book pulled from your life?
CAIT: Yes! There are quite a lot of jokes in my writing from real life. Using CANONIC again, I wrote a big, noisy family (based loosely off my own big, noisy family). They have a baby who was screaming until someone put the Wiggles on for it to watch. Anyone who has a small relative under the age of 3 will realize the blessings of things such as the Wiggles, or Thomas the Tank Engine. I also base dialogue off Mime and my discussions too. It’s quite entertaining when Mime reads my books.
MIME: I beg to differ about the Wiggles and Thomas being a blessing. Angelina Ballerina is another matter, but we won’t go there. We have an eisteddfod in this book of ours, so I’ve kind of mixed and matched certain elements of the different eisteddfods I’ve performed at to create a massive biggest-in-the-state competition. (Of course, I’ve hardly been in a very big eisteddfod. There’s an average of 4 people per section when I compete, so the odds of losing are kind of slim.)
7. Procrastination method of choice.
MIME: Uh… would it be extremely geeky to say arranging music is a huge procrastonation for me? Yeah. Finale is a miracle. Also, reading, and general blogging/emailing/internet…
CAIT: Pinterest. No! I promise, I don’t get on pinterest that much anymore. I’ll confess…blogging. I often blog when I should be writing (like right now, for instance).
8. Pizza toppings!
CAIT: Cheese. Oh, wait? Should there be anything else? Cabana sausage. Mushrooms (loooots of mushrooms). And then cheese.
MIME: NO MUSHROOMS! They’ve rotted her brain, see. (I have found a kindred spirit in Saruman. I was not expecting that at all.) I go for the cheese, the tomato sauce, the cabana, and the pizza base, which can sometimes be the very best part.
9. A hobby you really want to pick up.
MIME: Rating theme parks for a magazine. But that’s a career, not a hobby. Still. My answer stands. Roller coasters!
CAIT: Photography. I want to.
10. Movie that terrified you as a child.
CAIT: Jumunji. Oh my gosh, it was so freaky! And Jack and the Beanstalk. I had nightmares for weeks. Don’t mention that name to me! I’m already shuddering.
MIME: Pirates of the Carribean. Hey, the soundtrack was creepy when I walked past! I thought Cait was watching all these terrible, horrible things… turns out it’s only rated, what? PG?
11. Plans for this summer!!! 🙂
CAIT: Well, summer is a good 5 months away. I don’t plan that far ahead (though I do have an older sister getting married, so there will be a trip across the state for that one). For winter, on the other hand? I have plans to edit BOYBOTS and SIX. I want to write METAL, the sequel to BOYBOTS. I’d like to conquer Beethoven’s wretched sonata in C minor on the piano.
And I’ll start printing how-to pamphlets for Surviving World Domination by Me.
MIME: Keeping Cait from handing out those Surving World Domination by Me pamphlets (somebody’s been watching Megamind.) Going to that afore mentioned wedding…wait. Is that in summer? No, that’s in spring. This spring is going to be great! Wedding, resulting in a holiday and extra school holidays, eisteddfods, and Thor 2. How marvellously did I avoid that question! I’m talented.
our 11 questions
1. Favourite character in your work-in-progress?
2. Does music influence your writing? What’s a song that’s inspired you?
3. Do you prefer writing in present tense or past tense? Why?
4. Name a random fact a book taught you.
5. Favourite foods to snack on while reading/writing.
6. Name 3 books you can’t wait until are released.
7. Name a sequel that outshone it’s predecessor.
8. Best side-kick/secondary-character you’ve read this year?
9. Favourite quote!
10. Do you have any reading goals for 2013? Are you on track?!
11. If you were a superhero would you wear a cape?
If you don’t do tags, and we’ve tagged you…sorry! Just ignore us. (But not for too long, or we’ll be sad.)