It’s been a loooong time since I mentioned my list of 20 Things To Do Before I’m 20. With 3 and a half months before
doomsday I turn 20, it’s time to see how I’m tracking!
|I realise it’s September and nowhere near Christmas. But I’m practising.|
1. See Sydney
This is possibly happening! At the end of November, we have a tentative trip planned. (I’m going to see the Sydney Opera House…for the first time ever!)
2. Finish rewriting (at least) 2 titles in my fantasy series
Does 1 and a half count? I still have time, I suppose.
3. Read Twilight and Harry Potter (to find out why on earth they’re so famous!)
DONE. I read both these little suckers, and I’m still in the dark as to what the big whoop is about. They are both normal books.
4. Go to a writing expo/conference/festival.
Weeell…okay. Nope. 100% nope.
5. Start a completely new writing project
Yes! In fact, let’s multiply this by 5! I’ve finished four completely new and standalone (ish) books this year. Boybots, Six, Wild Things in Your Head, Canonic…and my current WIP is Super Bad. I think I excelled this point.
6. Hike somewhere exciting and new.
Maybe? Coming up on our holiday in October?
7. Read 70 books
Still working on it…(63 so far isn’t bad though. I’m on track.)
8. Obtain (somehow) something in the kindle-ish/ipod-ish family.
Done it. OH YEAH. I bought an iPod which I have named Jarvis and who proudly sports The Avengers screen savers. Unfortunately, it doesn’t remind me what I had for breakfast. (Is that the next model?)
9. Keep playing cello and finish 5th grade
I’m not sure I completed 5th grade exactly. But I’m playing a few 6th grade pieces, so I believe this counts. (I’m totally counting it.)
10. Try a new food (by food here, I mean preferably something in the dessert family)
Countless. I don’t even know what to list here.
11. Query an agent
This was so nerve-wracking, but again: yes. I have queried.
12. Stay in a resort on an island (oh…yeah. totally)
This IS happening! It’s not the red herring. Well, maybe it is, but my older sister is getting married on an island. This counts.
13. Wear a Katniss-braid!
14. Read a book from a genre I’ve never tried.
I don’t think I’d read paranormal until this year. So TICK.
15. Learn how to design a website.
I redesigned the blog? Does that count?
16. Cut my hair (sniff…still made it on the list)
No…I’m attached to it.
17. Learn Sonata in C minor Op. 13 by Beethoven (like this)
I did! But I never got it to recording standard like I wanted to, before I stopped piano lessons. I found keeping up piano AND cello was too much, so I opted for the cello.
18. Make a mockingjay shirt like this.
Must. do. this.
19. Sell kusudama and paper crane mobiles.
I do! I run a business called…(drumroll)…The Paper Sisters! Yes, that’s right folks. If I embark on a venture, I take one or two sisters with me. With my older sister, Rachel, and Mime (who you know well, of course), we run a neat little business.
20. Learn a little photography
This ain’t happening. Unless I get motivated. But I take nice pictures of kusudama balls, don’t you reckon?
So that’s 10/20. Seriously, I have some work to do.
|How about two outta three?|
Cait is re-watching Salt, and still wondering who is on whose side. She suspects they’re all badies. She’s planning which books to take on her 3 week holiday this October. It’s hard choosing between your kids. She decided to edit a 100K book in 4 days. So far…nah, it’s not going well. Thanks for asking, though.