One of the WORST things about book blogging is the waiting. Gosh. Before I blogged, I didn’t care about new releases, I didn’t even know about them. And now do you know the strife I face?! COPIOUS STRIFE, I TELL YOU. Tantalising new releases are always dangling just out of reach.
So today, I’m sharing the pain. Aren’t I nice?!
Here are some books coming out later in 2015 that I really really want in my cold clammy paws.
Now I have done a list earlier this year of 2015-releases I want. Guess how many I’ve read? EXACTLY TWO. Sheesh. Let’s see if I have better luck with this list.
This Week’s Prompt: Top Ten Most Anticipated Releases For the Rest of 2015
- UNTAMED (Splintered #3.5): BECAUSE MORPHEUS. THAT IS ALL. [DECEMBER]
- QUEEN OF SHADOWS (Throne of Glass #4): I’m more terrified than happily excited for this book. I’m not a huge fan of where SJM is taking Celaena’s character development, but hey, I’m still here for Dorian and Chaol. [SEPTEMBER]
- WINTER (Lunar Chronicles #4): Obviously. I’ve read it’s 800+ pages which I’m slightly scared about. BUT I WILL BE STRONG. [NOVEMBER]
- GO SET A WATCHMAN (To Kill a Mockingbird #2): I won’t lie, I am nervous about this one. TKAM is a classic, okay?! And since this was technically written first, it might not be the same quality as TKAM (hey, debuts rarely are) and therefore if this subpar, then people will doubt TKAM. AND IT’S ALL AN ANGSTY MESS. [JULY]
- DEMON ROAD: Derek Landy? A Supernatural-esque road trip? Wit and sarcasm and creepy killer cars? Please. Give it to me. [AUGUST]
- THE TOURNAMENT AT GORLAN: Okay. STOP EVERYTHING. John Flanagan did it. Do you know how long I’ve been whingeing for a book about Halt and Crowley in their youth?! I’m going to cry, I am so so happy right now. [OCTOBER]
- WALK ON EARTH A STRANGER: I wanted this book an average amount until I realised it was by RAE CARSON. Who, coincidentally, wrote A Girl of Fire And Thorns which is one of my newest favourite books ever. Excuse me. I need a moment. SO MUCH ANTICIPATION HERE. [SEPTEMBER]
- CARRY ON: This book mostly gives me horrible Supernatural feels*, but I do want to read it for other reasons! LIKE. Rainbow Rowell is a contemporary author and now she’s going urban fantasy?! This I want to see. [OCTOBER]
* If you are currently humming Carry On My Wayward Son you are officially my friend. CRY WITH ME.
- ILLUMINAE: Apparently it’s all written in transcripts, medical files, interviews and military files and…um…YES PLEASE AND THANK YOU. [OCTOBER]
- SOUNDLESS: I’ve never read anything by Richelle Mead, can you believe it?! But Asian inspired fantasy worlds and ziplining? This book is for me. [November]
- IT’S A WONDERFUL DEATH: Apparently Death wears a Hawaiian shirt and I need this book. [NOVEMBER]
- YOU’RE NEVER WEIRD ON THE INTERNET (ALMOST): Okay, this isn’t YA. It’s a memoir! Written by Charlie from Supernatural! Um…I mean…Felicia Day. But it’s about the internet and Felicia Day is a hilarious and wonderful human. I want this book. The end. [AUGUST]
So obviously I can’t count, but the whole top TEN part of the Tuesday is overrated, am I right?! I have too many books I want. There are over 1,000 books on my Goodreads TBR and honestly? I want to read them all. I have this intense desire just to gobble ALL THE STORIES. Stories are incredible. Cover art is my favourite. Dissolving into fantasy worlds is life.
Of course, my TBR is liable to fall on me and kill me, but that is a risk I’m willing to take. I am brave.