1. I actually don’t have a throne yet.
I imagine it got lost in the mail but I’m sure it’ll be here soon. When it arrives I will, of course, sit comfortably in it and rule the world with ease. (I also might sit on a cushion because I’m rather short.)
2. I’m incredibly extremely anxiously shy.
I’m not a shy blogger, but in real life? HA. Do not even speak to me because I shall probably run in terror. (Pfft, let’s forget the “probably”. I will run.) I don’t do small talk. I don’t do parties. I don’t do crowds. I’m an extremely anxious person.
3. I fold origami.
4. My favourite colour is orange.
Not prison orange.
5. I don’t hate the Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters book-to-movie-adaption.
Can we please remember the god of shipping, Hermes? And how he shipped Percabeth? It was hilarious. Also the entire movie was doing it’s best to be politically correct.
Percy Jackson: But you were some weird hybrid, man-goat THNG, woah!
Grover: Yeah. The politically correct term is satyr.
But the first movie was purely awful.
6. I have telephonophobia.
Seriously. I do. Whenever the phone rings I have a small heart attack and take up battle positions to slay the evil little ringing thing.
7. I have 2 parents, 4 sisters, 1 brother, 2 nephews, 1 niece, and 1 dog.
They’re all noisy.
8. I never call anyone by their name.
I don’t know why! But everyone gets a nickname. Unfortunately, my little sister Mime keeps confusing her nicknames with my puppy’s nicknames. If I say, “Hey Brutus!” she says, “Yeah?” So…we’ll work on that.
Things I call my puppy: cupcake // freak // mutt // raggamuffin // dill // deluded pineapple // donkey // bunyan // sniffy // donald // frank // goober // and many, many more because I rarely use the same name twice. I’m surprised he knows his name is Atticus Bean.
Things I call my sister: [see above]
It gets VERY confusing but I just can’t use people’s actual names.
9. I care about blog stats.
I know bloggers aren’t supposed to get hung up on blog statistics, but…I quite like checking on mine. I like little numbers that go up. I like comments. I like followers. My blog is my baby and my creative outlet and the fact that other people even read it still makes me screech with joy. PURE JOY.
10. I’ve written 6 high-fantasy books, 2 apocalyptic, 1 steampunk, 2 paranormal, 2 sci-fi, and 2 contemporaries.
Paranormal is my favourite.
11. I homeschooled and graduated at 16.
I do everything as fast as possible.
12. I hate chocolate with nuts in it.
IT’S CHEATING. You get less chocolate. How can anyone think this is okay??
13. I’m always thinking 2 million thoughts and am often accused of being random.
I have a lot going on in my brain. Lots of book ideas, lots of blog ideas, lots of world domination ideas.
14. I’m really rather horrible at reading text books, instructions, recipes, and classics.
Basically anything that’s not YA, I struggle to comprehend. Although I’m a lot better with recipes than I used to be. When I make banana bread, it actually turns out as banana bread. How cool is that?! (It wasn’t like that in the past.)
15. I love to write, but I love it more when I started.
It was easier to write back then when I started. I knew less. I was more free!
16. As a small humanoid, my pen-name (I thought all authors had them) was Orange Peel.
I had a serious obsession with Lemony Snicket (to which my parents referred to as Lemon Persnickety, seriously…they never got it right). I was honestly going with Orange Peel for a long time there.
17. My middle name is Grace.
I’m not graceful but I’m entertaining.
18. I always write about things I dislike.
I don’t know why! IT’S STRANGE OF ME. But every book I write usually features something that I hate.
- Meals of peas (I loathe peas)
- Parents who work at dentists (my worst nightmare)
- Children who like to socialise (what’s wrong with them?)
- People who hate reading (ugh)
- Characters who wear sparkles/frills/anything and everything I emphatically do not
- People who like swimming (not me)
- The ownership of cats (I hate cats, I’m allergic)
19. The most frustrating thing in my existence is my inability to do art as good as I would like.
It pains me hugely. Also not being able to take perfect photos like I want to. ALSO not being able to draw, write, or do craft to the exact perfection I wish. It frustrates me so much I often quit on things. (Or persevere and grumble, like I do with writing.)
20. I like pie more than cake.
PLEASE DON’T FREAK OUT. But pie is really very excellent.
21. I very much like to make people laugh.
And if I can’t succeed with a funny quip or an exceptionally well timed come back or a hilarious joke, I’ll just slap a funny gif on and call myself wonderful.
And also adorable. I am definitely adorable.