And we’re BACK! With another round of the Beautiful People linkup for writers!
What happened to the April edition, you ask? IT DIDN’T HAPPEN, THAT’S WHAT. Blame it on Camp NaNoWriMo (which Sky and I participated in splendidly) and on busyness of life in general, and oh, you can totally blame it on cake too. Cake is distracting.
But here we are again. No need to panic.
Don’t forget to try and stop by to visit some other blogs linked up! (I do my best to visit everyone but…I fail. I need 9 more eyeballs, peoples.) You can make some glorious writerly friends this way. And if you have any question and/or theme suggestions — YELL NICELY AT US. We listen.
The linkup is open all month. Just a) grab the questions, b) answer them on your own blog, c) either link to our blogs or take the official button, and d) linkup below!
You can check out the official page (FAQs and examples and archive of previous lists) if you wish.
Can I join Beautiful People anytime? Absolutely. It’s designed so you can jump in whenever new questions are posted. They’ll be posted at the beginning of the month, but you can join in at aaaany time.
Can I submit questions to Beautiful People? Yes! In fact, we encourage it. If you’d like to submit questions, you have two choices. Either leave a comment on Paper Fury or Further Up and Further In, or send us emails. Whichever way you choose, we’ll attempt to use your questions.
When is it? The meme is live on the 5th of every month! You can join in at any time during the month, just add your post-url to the linky. And don’t forget we’d love you to share the comment-love and visit some fellow linkers.
Don’t forget to grab the button and/or link to this page on your blog! So anyone can join in!
- How often do they smile? Would they smile at a stranger?
- What is the cruelest thing they’ve ever been told? And what was their reaction?
- What is the kindest thing they’ve ever been told? And what was their reaction?
- What is one strong memory that has stuck with your character from childhood? Why is it so powerful and lasting?
- What book (a real actual published book!) do you think your character would benefit from reading?
- Have they ever been seriously injured? How severely? How did they react?
- Do they like and get along with their neighbours?
- On a scale from 1 to 10 (1 being easy and 10 being difficult) how easy are they to get along with?
- If they could travel anywhere in the world, where would they go?
- Who was the last person they held hands with?