I’ve chosen some characters from a story I’ve been hatching. It doesn’t have a climax yet, so it won’t be written any time soon. Still, I like the characters and they fit perfectly for the month’s Beautiful People. This month, instead of one Beautiful or Mostly-Beautiful person — we get two!
1. Do they believe in anything that most people think is impossible?
2. Are they strong, or the “damsel/knight in distress” sort?
3. Do they have a special place? (e.g. a corner in his/her bedroom, under a tree…)
4. What occupation do they have, or plan on having?
5. Describe their current place of residence.
6. Explain their last crisis. How had they changed when they came out of it?
7. If they could drive any kind of car they wanted, what would it be?
8. How do they deal with change?
9. If they had to amputate one body part, which one would they choose?
Alice: Her ears. She doesn’t like to hear or listen to people. AS long as she has her eyes, she can read.
Matt: His feet. That way Bernie would stop making him try out for the soccer team.
10. What would their favorite be at the local coffee shop?
Matt: chocolate frappe with peanut chocolate chunks.
Part 2: Here are 5 more questions. These ones are focused more on that relationship we mentioned above. The goal is to become more familiar with the way your two characters relate with one another. Think about your answers, don’t be afraid to give us detail.
1. How did they meet?
2. How do these two deal with conflict?
3. Do they have a special song, phrase, item, or place?
4. What kind of things do they like to do together?
5. Describe their relationship as a whole in 3 words, or less.