For the first time ever our blog has been awarded! (The Tell me about Yourself and the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers awards.) Thank you so much, Treksie! And a bonus surprise, we were nominated for the Amazeball blog award the exact same day. So thanks Liam!
So I’m going to mix them together. Firstly, have to state 7 unknown things about me… hmmm… this might be hard…
1. I used to be a huge Boxcar Children fan. As in, I had every book for 1 to 45 missing only number 15.
2. I was playing in an orchestra once, and I moved my chair ever-so-slightly so my flute didn’t stick in the trumpet’s ear. Of course, I didn’t realise that the leg of the chair was hanging over the stage, so there I go, legs in the air, almost skewering a viola with my flute, flat on my back. Then I sat straight back up, adjusted my chair, and looked expectantly at the conductor, while everyone asked me if I was alright.”‘I’m fine, I’m fine, this is awkward, I’m fine.”
3. At different stages of my life I have tried/wanted to learn a grand total of 6 musical instruments (I only play two now. And two of those were mainly fantasies…)
4. I can raise my left eyebrow but not my right. The girls at school call it my “Teacher Look”.
5. I’m an extraordinary introvert, and I love to act. Go figure.
6. When I was six, I wanted to be a ballerina. Now? I recognize the truth. I have as much elegance as a duck. (That is to say, I’m a klutz.)
7. I have been to Uluru/Ayres Rock. And climbed it. Right to the top. (It was a while ago, but that’s a milestone and a half!)
What are your favorite song lyrics?
MIME: I don’t really listen to very many songs with lyrics. But I have to say I love “I’ve got a Dream” from Tangled. Cracks me up every time.
What is your favorite book/book series?
MIME: Oh, that is hard. There are too many good books in this world. But I love The Hunger Games. They are the best.
CAIT: Is it cheating to say…The Hunger Games too!!?! (What can I say? We’re sisters. She reads a book, I read the same, we both love it.)
What is your favorite movie/TV series?
MIME: I love the two Sherlock Holmes movies at the moment. So funny.
CAIT: Go the Avengers!!
Who inspires you?
MIME: Ah… I don’t want to sound like a soppy sort of sister, but Cait inspires me… (literally. When I’m stuck in my writing, I say, “Cait, this is my problem. What do I do about it?” And usually she fixes me up.)
CAIT: I was going to say Batman…but after mime’s sweet comment I’d better face facts and be realistic. (It’s really Maximus from Tangled!) No. Well, maybe a little. But mime inspires me too! She inspires me to buckle down and write instead of procrastinating — and she’s inspired me in our ever-lasting devotion to chocolate.
What is your dream job?
MIME: Ah, the complexity. Since it has changed about a thousand times, I’d have to say as of today, it’s professional flautist. Come writer. Come actress. Come… whatever else strikes my fantasy. I’m glad it’s a while before I finish school.
CAIT: An author! Oh wait…I am one. Just not published. Yet!
Yes, I said seven, and this is only four. I’m sorry. I’d nominate more, but I’m still new to this tag/award thing, so I’ll just play it small for now.
So thanks everyone for your nominations! Our blog now celebrates!!