It’s been an interesting year. We guess a lot of people assumed you were unlucky because of your 13-ness. Our condolences. You had your moments of awesome, but you weren’t the best year ever. We just don’t think we were right for each other. We’re going with 2014 now. We think we’ll be better for each other.
It’s not you, it’s us,
Cait & Mime
It’s the last day of the year, blogglings! (We’re in Australia, so we’re going to be a whole year ahead of the other side of the world! For…half a day!) Which means, I’m going to do one of those awesome wrap-up-the-year-and-tie-a-bow-on-it posts.
Also, I’ll announce the giveaway winner!! At the end of the post. It’s okay. You can skip ahead. I won’t growl at you. Much.
We interviewed Stephanie Morill and Jill Williamson from goteenwriters.com. Then Mime wrote about dysfunctional families, while Cait wrote her next book, Six. Cait also started querying her much rewritten book, Blood.
We had a blog-party! (Which we want to do again next year!) We interviewed authors, Rachel Coker, Steph Bowe, Kat Zhang, Stephanie Diaz, and Amanda Bradburn! We also hosted a very violent party game and found out who’d survive Morder and Panem. Most of us died. Cait finished writing Wild Things in Your Head and Mime wrote Graffiti Bible.
Cait reviewed her very first ARC. We won the 100×100 challenge and starting our new feature of book discussions (a.k.a us bantering with GIFs). Oh and happy 2nd birthday to our adorable blog! (At this point we had 130 followers and 65,000 page-views.)
Cait warns everyone against being an evil scientist. We talk about being passionate (or not) about your writing. Goodbye (sobs) Rangers Apprentice. We join in the meme Stacking the Shelves for the first time. Cait rewrote Blood And Fury (book #2 of her fantasy series).
We went AWOL for a month. Cait read a lot of books.
Mime admits to being a lot like Edmund Pevensie. Cait had her hair cut short and also adored Allegiant. Cait is an official reviewer at Aussie Owned and Read. And we vlogged for the first time ever!!
– 300 followers (via GFC, Bloglovin’, and email subscribers)!
– 330 Twitter followers
– 857 posts
– 10,000 page-views a month
– 127,000 page-views all up
– Mime’s 7 Dysfunctional Families has the most page-views this month. (No idea why, right?)
– Most of our visitors are American (and they use Windows?! What’s up with that?!)
– Search results include: “disney pocahontas with bipolar issues” and “why glasses always dirty“.
– We will be awesome.
– Mime is going back to school, so will have less time to blog, so you will have more of Cait (sorry in advance).
– Cait will be doing book revisions with her agent…but will still be blogging madly. (She’s kind of addicted.)
– We’re booking a tentative blog-party for May (to celebrate our blog-birthday). Giveaways. Interviews. Games. That kind of all-round awesome stuff.
– We might do more regular vlogs. But Cait has yet to be convinced.
– Cait will read like a fiend and Mime will watch her with amusement.
Took our sweet time, right? (Winner, you’ve been emailed by the way.) They get a choice out of four books…and the winner is…
Congrats! And a huge thank you to everyone who did the linkup! Your entries were incredible and we had such a good time reading them. Also, we love your support. We think you’re amazing. (Without you, we’d be talking to cyber space, so honestly: you keep us looking sane. Sort of sane. Okay. Forget the “sane” bit.)
We’ve met a lot of fun and amazing bloggers this year. It’s been incredible! We love reading your blogs! We love chatting to you about books! We love virtually hanging out with you.
See you in 2014, epic blogglings.