1. Realize who the world revolves around. (Hint: It’s not you.)
2. You are now Minion #3 (or wherever you happen to fall in use to your nephew/niece).
3. If you decide to eat something (ice block or perhaps a peach or apple), that means it’s good food. You need to share it.
4. Watch your words. Little parrot here is working on imitation skills.
5. If you can do it, there’s no reason why little copycat can’t. This includes eating all foods, using computers, staying up late at night, using the salt shaker, and talking on the phone.
6. Goodnight kisses are mandatory. Leave your shower until later in the evening.
7. Think from their perspective. Why do you need legs if you have auntie?
8. Put all seriousness and maturity on the back shelf for a while. You need to make faces. Dance. And run around.
9. Sing annoying songs.
10. Participate in long, detailed conversations of which you can’t understand a word.
11. Laugh a lot. At yourself and at your niece/nephew.
12. Never leave when you’re supposed to be playing (they can’t play without you).
13. Jump when commanded.
14. Stick your tongue out.
15. Take thousands of kisses and hugs.
16. Remove any eyewear and don’t forget necklaces are made to be eaten.
17. Come when called.
18. Give anything when bidden.
19. Adore always.
20. Give piggybacks.
21. And always, always, protect them. From things like bedtime. Strange people. And scary waves.
And, eventually, you’ll end up being something like this…