I found this on However Improbable. And it said that this post idea can be stolen from her. So I’m stealing it.
How to steal it for yourself:
Pick 12 Characters out of books. These are mine:
1. Effie Trinket—Hunger Games (Suzanne Collins)
2. Sunny Baudelaire—A Series of Unfortunate Events (Lemony Snicket)
3. Puddleglum—Narnia (C.S. Lewis)
4. Dustfinger—Inkheart (Cornelia Funke)
5. Antoinette Reed—The Door Within (Wayne Thomas Batson)
6. Leslie Burke—The Bridge to Terebithia (Katherine Paterson)
7. Dido Twite—Black Hearts in Battersea (Joan Aiken)
8. Halt—Ranger’s Apprentice (John Flanagan)
9. Cat Royal—Diamond of Drury Lane (Julia Golding)
10. Bilbo Baggins—The Hobbit (J.R.R. Tolkien)
11. Davin Tonerre—The Shamer’s Chronicles (Lene Kaaberbol)
12. Eliza Boans—Fury (Shirley Marr)
Next, here are the questions. Where it has a number, put the character’s name. Then laugh and answer the question.
1. Who would make a better college professor, 6 (Leslie) or 11 (Davin)? Leslie, definitely Leslie. She’s got the best imagination, and is brilliantly smart with her schoolwork, too. Not Davin. Oh, no. He would not be a good professor.
2. 12 (Eliza) sends 8 (Halt) out on a mission. What is it? Does it succeed? The mission would be to free high schools from the corruption of mean and popular people, canteens, and principals. And with Halt as the doer, it sure would succeed. The students and staff might laugh when he pulls his bow out, but they’d stop laughing pretty soon.
3. What is, or what would be, 9 (Cat)’s favourite book? The ones she write–all the others are boring and old-fashioned. Oh, the problems of living in her day…
4. Would it make more sense for 2 (Sunny) to swear fealty to 6 (Leslie) or the other way around? That’s hard. Probably Sunny to Leslie, as Leslie’s the queen of Terebithia, but I can imagine someone swearing fealty to Sunny…
5. Number 5 (Antoinette) is looking for a roommate. Should s/he room with 9 (Cat) or 10 (Bilbo)? Cat and Antoinette–perfect. They’d get along famously.
6. 2 (Sunny), 7 (Dido), and 12 (Eliza) are going out to dinner. Where are they going, and what do they discuss? They’d go to the most five star resteraunt in town, for Sunny and Eliza’s benefit, though Dido would feel like a fish out of water in such a fancy place. As for discussion? Something involving a murder in an English street. By teeth.
7. 3 (Puddleglum) challenges 10 (Bilbo) to a duel. Who wins? Well, Bilbo would be the better swordsman, most likely, what with having Sting and all. However, Puddleglum, with such a height advantage over the tiny hobbit, he’d just take the sword off Bilbo. So I guess Puddleglum would win, after all.
8. If 1 (Effie) stole 8 (Halt)’s most precious possession, how would s/he get it back? Effie? Steal from Halt? Ha! Funny. I expect Halt would just shoot Effie, except it would probably be his bow he’d have stolen. In that case, he’d borrow his apprentice Will’s, and shoot her.
9. Suggest a story title in which 7 (Dido) and 12 (Eliza) both attain what they want. The Muxy Murder–sounds perfect. I expect it would involve Eliza getting revenge and Dido getting an adventure.
10. What kind of plot device would you have to use to get 1 (Effie) and 4 (Dustfinger) to work together? A mutual need–Dustfinger would have to be desperate to learn etequette, and Effie to learn fire-eating. Though it would have to be some pretty supernatural circumstances to make this happen…
11. If 7 (Dido) visited you for the weekend, how would it go? I expect I’d have a lot of fun, if I could get over Dido calling me a loblolly and a ninny, and be constantly exasperated, saying, “Oh, for the love of fish!”
12. If you could command 3 (Puddleglum) to perform any service or task for you, what would it be? Take me to Narnia!!!
13. If 2 (Sunny) had to choose sides between 4 (Dustfinger) or 5 (Antionette), what side would s/he choose? Probably Dustfinger, as he EATS fire, and Antoinette can only direct lightening.
14. What might 10 (Bilbo) shout out while charging into battle? Um… For the Shire? For breakfast? For the Ring? Something like that.
15. If you had to choose a song to best describe 3 (Puddleglum), what would it be? Concerning Hobbits. Somehow, Marshwiggles are a bit hobbity, and so something cute and optomistic suits him. Only, he’s a pesemist, too, so I suppose the slower parts in the song suit well, too.
16. 1. (Effie), 6 (Leslie), and 12 (Eliza) are having a dim sum at a Chinese Reseraunt. There is only one scallion pancake left, and they all reach for it at the same time. Who gets it? Eliza. Effie would purse her lips and look put out, and Leslie would shrug and good-naturedly shrug and keep talking. Eliza would glower darkly and from her past record, she’d get it.
17. What would 5 (Antoinette) most likely be arrested for? Opposing Paragor and bugging Lord Kearn, pretty much like it was in the books.
18. What is 6 (Leslie)’s secret? She doesn’t have a TV.
19. If 11 (Davin) and 9 (Cat) were racing to a destination, who would get there first? A destination implies a long way off, so since Cat seems to be a sprinter and Daving a jogger, I think Davin would win.
20. If you had to walk home through a bad neighbourhood late at night, who would you be more comfortable walking with, 7 (Dido) or 8 (Halt)? Well, Halt could protect me by shooting everyone. But Dido would know everyone we would meet, since it would probably be quite close to her home. So to minimize violence, I’d go Dido.
21. 1 (Effie) and 9 (Cat) reluctantly team up to save the world from the threat opposed by 4 (Dustfinger)’s sinister secret organization. 11 (Davin) volunteers to help him, but it is later discoverred that s/he is actually a spy for 4 (Dustfinger). Meanwhile, 4 (Dustfinger) has kidnapped 12 (Eliza) in an attempt to force their surrender. Following the wise advice of 5 (Antoinette), they seek out 3 (Puddleglum), who gives them what they need to complete their quest. What title would you give this fiction? The Negative Shame of the Door to Hunger, Flames, and Diamonds.
I hope you enjoyed this! It was great fun writing it!