You know what is eerily disturbing? I HAVE BARELY ANY NEW BOOKS ON MY TBR. What even is this life. I’ve not been requesting ARCs or librarying because I decided to do a NaNoWriMo warm-up and write a quick book. So book acquiring ban…but now that I finished writing my book, my TBR looks shockingly puny. It is a worry. SOME TAKE ME TO THE LIBRARY, STAT.
Still! It’s monthly recap time! (I confess, I totally enjoy writing recap posts!) And I have several importantly exciting things to announce, like:
- I hit 1.5K followers on bloglovin’! WOOT WOOT! I plan to have a scrumptious giveaway really soon.
- I wrote a book! More on that below.
- My puppy, Atticus Bean, turned 1 year old this week! N’AWWW. His little adorable face is everything. He has a sock fetish and so much attitude, and he literally thinks he’s a human child. He’s also not a morning person. I mean C’MON HE’S A DOG HE SHOULD LIKE WALKS. But no. He’d rather sleep in and I have to drag him out of bed basically. But he’s my favouritest thing of ever.
SEE?!! ONLY 2 BOOKS. I’m not sure whether to be proud of me or horrified. But I just can’t read and write my own books at the same time, so I’ve literally gone 10 days without reading! IT WAS TRAUMATIC BUT I’M IN RECOVERY NOW.
- FANS OF THE IMPOSSIBLE LIFE: I’m so excited to try this one! Thank you Charnell, you nice incredible bean.
- TIGER’S CURSE: I borrowed this one from the library because a) it’s fantasy and I feel like fantasy, and b) THE COVER IS SO PRETTY. Don’t ask me what it’s about, I haven’t the faintest. Maybe tiger’s??? Just a wild guess????
I’m still listening to A Dance with Dragons which is like 40+ hours long (‘scuse me but *dies*) … but afterward I have these beauties from the library vying for my attention.
Still freakishly worried about Go Set A Watchman!! I love TKAM but I’ve heard absolutely abysmal things about GSAW. If anyone has thoughts to share with me: SHARE. I BEG YOU.
Oh Instagram, how I love you. You are so much fun. All the books. All the pictures. HEAVEN.
// click covers to read reviews //
I spent the last 10 days of September writing so I only read 21 books this month. ONLY 21. SHEESH, CAIT. YOU SLACKER. I also had this really odd reading month where I loathed it or I loved it. No in-betweens.
- BEST BOOK? Oh! Oh! It’s a tie between Made You Up and The Game of Love And Death. THEY WERE INCREDIBLE. Some of the best books I’ve read all year.
- HAPPILY SURPRISED? Dangerous Lies! I have this weird on-and-off love with Becca Fitzpatrick books…but this one was a solid 4-stars and I was impressed!
- WISH I’D NEVER READ? Probably The Diviners…ugh that book. I buddy read it with Charnell, Mishma, and Amanda and I don’t even think ANY of us liked it. Although I guess I am glad I tried it…but I definitely wish I’d never read This Broken Wondrous World. SO TACKY AND UGH.
- DID I LAUGH? I cackled my entire way through Magnus Chase. OMG SO FUNNY.
- COVER LOVE? While Mad About the Hatter is the most gorgeous cover of the universe…it is a horrible book. COVERS LIE, FOLKS.
- STATS? So, um, I had a lot of 2-star reads. Agh. I told you it was a bad reading month!
WHAT YOU CLICKED ON THE MOST:
- Wherein I Review Food As If It Were A Book
- 10 Books Humans Have Passionately Thrown At My Head And Demanded I Read Or They’d Feed Me To the Hedgehogs
- Should We Read What Everyone Else is Reading?
INTRIGUING SEARCH RESULTS:
- “tipes of wrigthers there is?” — there are two types: ones that can spell and ones that can’t. You, my friend, are a horrible speller.
- “paperfiry” — hmm…no. But I will give you like half a cake crumb for trying.
- “marvel cares more about being diverse than being good” — no, no Marvel does NOT care about being diverse. Marvel doesn’t care about starring their movies with characters of diverse colour or nationality or even, for goodness sakes, women. I CAN RANT ABOUT THIS ALL DAY, IF YOU LIKE.
- “i am feeling like a bookworm now adays” — me too! I think there’s something in the air.
- “unpopular but correct” — yes? Did you call my name? HA HA HA HHAHAHA. But really now.
- “what are the top 10 problems of an adult” — I didn’t write a post on this BUT I SHOULD. I think #1 is probably the fact that you have to make your own excuses to not attend social outings because “my mum said no” doesn’t work anymore. It’s really hard being an adult. I don’t like it.
- “trust me, i’m having a great time” — You know what? This sounds sarcastic. I don’t think you are having a good time. YOU FAKER.
- One of my favourite Australian authors is back and writing a new book! WOOT.
- Patrick Ness is the writer of a spin-off Doctor Who series! And, ashamedly, I never seen any Doctor Who…BUT I LOVE PATRICK NESS SO MAYBE THIS SHOULD CHANGE?! Also I saw this conversation on twitter and this is why Derek Landy is the best:
- AG Howard (who is INCREDIBLE) is writing a new series!! It’s a Phantom of the Opera retelling called Roseblood and ‘SCUSE ME WHILE I FLAIL. Coming 2017!!
- Throne of Glass is getting a TV series and I am exactly 0% excited due to falling out of love with the series. I shall cry alone in my corner.
- The Scorpio Races movie has a director and I’M STILL WORRIED OKAY?!?! This is my specialist Maggie Stiefvater book (who is my favourite author, by the way!!) and I don’t want them to mangle this.
- Buzzfeed has a list of 37 YA books everyone should read and…honestly?!? Some of them are so so random, but others are excellent. (I’m tempted to write my own list!) I’ve read 25 of their picks.
- Alexandra @ Twirling Pages has tips to improve your #bookstagram!
- Mel @ The Daily Prophecy asks about popularity and what makes a blog “popular”.
- Mishma @ Chasing Faerytales has some EXCELLENT tips about your social media presence.
- Emily @ Loony Literate asks if you can grow out of books.
I WROTE A BOOK IN 9 DAYS. Which isn’t unusual for me, but still!! It makes me happy! Usually my first drafts are 50-60K, but this one finished up at 85K which is, um…huge. I am basically running away from edits. FOREVER. It’s an epic fantasy and the first one I’ve written in 5 years and, gah, I think this is my happy-writing-place. Fantasy is my everything. It’s about heists and assassins and magic and so much chocolate omg and cutting out hearts and families. So all of the good stuff. Also everyone dies. KIDDING HAHAH haha ha h hah…ha. But really…
I’m planning to do a post with more snippets (!!) and also a post about my writing and inspiration processes. Because WHY NOT. But if anyone has any writing-related-posts they’d like me to do, shout out in the comments!
And here is a quick snippet before you go!
Oh, and because of all this writing I’m awfully behind on comments and blog-reading. SO I WILL CATCH UP THIS WEEK.