It’s time to test your knowledge of children’s books. Up for the challenge?
In honour of Australian Children’s Book Week, I have devised a magnificent game, called: GUESS THE BOOK. I’m using Ernest Hemingway’s famous 6-letter-stories. I’ll sum up a famous children’s picture book in 6 words. You guess the title.
(I tried to pick very famous picture books. To be easy on you.)
1. Wild kid. Runs away. Finds monsters.
2. Bug eats everything and gets stomachache.
3. Feline wrecks havoc. Fish freaks out.
4. Pigeon demonstrates blackmail, bribes, and peer-pressure.
5. Rabbit steals lettuce and is punished.
6. Child falls down well. Ignore him.
7. Mouldy ham. Bad eggs. Force feeding.
8. Vine-covered house. Little girls. OCD teacher.
9. Sleepy moon. Porridge. Shh. Zzzz.
10. Big hill. Small engine. Motivational speeches.
Just how in touch are you with your childhood? (Insert mildly wicked and delighted grin.) I’ll post answers on Sunday!