The time has come, to offer up a tribute, to play our another party game!
In a battle to the death or to destroy the one ring, we will present 5 objects of random which you will then use your great and imaginative minds to tell us how you would use them to survive the hostile literary environment.
But first. You can choose between two Situations of Probable Bookish Death.
Picture yourself as Frodo, with the coveted piece of Elvish jewellery (that no one can wear), racing Nazguls, Gollum, Saruman and the Eye of Sauron itself, to throw your sparkly necklace into the molten lava of Mount Doom. Everything is black. You’re out of lembas bread and your hairy feet hurt. You want to simply “walk into Mordor” (ignore Boromir), so what’s the game plan?
Picture yourself as Katniss, with fabulous archery skills, taking on the 74th Hunger Games arena to save your adorable little sister. No more being prettified or eating tasty prune stews. So far you’ve killed a placemat, which doesn’t help you with the Careers on your tail. You’re in a lethal environment, watch out for fireballs and trackerjackers, and did anyone mention to you there might be — MUTTS. What’s the game plan, sweetheart?
Decided where you’ll fight for survival? Good. Here are your 5 assets.
how to play!
– Tell us in a few sentences what you would do with each asset to aid your survival. (Your answers may be posted on the blog!) You can detail, if you like (250 words max. though), but feel free just to write 1 sentence for each object!
Example: I’d throw the paper clips in Sauron’s bloodshot eye.
– You can only pick 1 situation to survive in.
– We’ll judge the entries based on creativity! Remember. The ultimate goal is survival. So if you cut the socks into hair ribbons, good on you, but I think the trackerjackers (or Gollum) will get you. (The best way to win over Cait is to make her laugh. Just so you know…)
– Email your awesomeness to notebooksisters(at)gmail(dot)com
– There will be 3 prizes!
– Entries are open for the next 6 days. So put practise your survival skills and tie that piece of elvish jewellery tight around your neck — because we’re in for an epic literary adventure!
what are the prizes?!
There will be a winner from each survival situation! And, there’ll be a random 3rd place (for either Mordor or the Arena).
If you pick to play in the Panem Arena, you could win this gorgeous Mockingjay bracelet from the fantastic etsy store Ollie + Jays! (Go check out the store guys! You can get a discount on other pieces if you mention the Notebook Sisters blog!)
If you pick to play in Mordor, you could win this seriously awesome Gollum notebook from the too-cool etsy store CraftRu!
|It says, “We be nice to them if they be nice to us” — basically everyone needs a notebook like this.|
And, for another random entry (from either literary settings), you could win this too cute The Hobbit bookmark, from the super awesome etsy store Etched Heart!
Questions? Ask away, orclings.