We have a challenge for you this week! Below are 7 quotes from books we’ve quoted from (at some stage) on our blog.
But what books are they?
1. “Why do you wear a mask and hood?”
I think everybody will in the near future,” was the man in black’s reply. “They’re terribly comfortable.”
2. “Yes, frosting. The final defense of the dying.”
3. “But one type of book that practically no one likes to read is a book about the law. Books about the law are notorious for being very long, very dull, and very difficult to read. This is one reason many lawyers make heaps of money. The money is an incentive – the word “incentive” here means “an offered reward to persuade you to do something you don’t want to do – to read long, dull, and difficult books.”
4. “Oh, please don’t go—we’ll eat you up—we love you so!”
5. “He’ll be coming and going” he had said. “One day you’ll see him and another you won’t. He doesn’t like being tied down–and of course he has other countries to attend to. It’s quite all right. He’ll often drop in. Only you mustn’t press him. He’s wild, you know.”
We did make it easy…keep in mind that most are from pretty famous books. Good luck!