Ready for Part 2 of my most massive Q&A??
I swear, after this you’ll know everything about me, you nosey kumquats, * and no one will ever speak to me again. You can catch up on Part 1 over here, if you wish it.
And if I’ve given too small of an answer, or you want more details, or I DIDN’T EVEN ANSWER IT PROPERLY = just yell at me to talk further about it in the comments. Yell nicely though. I’m a precious fragile dandelion. **
Giveaway is still going too, so don’t forget to dash to the end of this post enter. Bless your fantastic faces.
* I’M JOKING BY THE WAY. You have no idea how honoured I am by all the questions!
** When I’m not eating souls or whatever darkness I get up to on Tuesday afternoons which is my chill day.
72. YOU HAVE AN ETSY BUSINESS, RIGHT?
RIGHT. GO BUY MY STUFF.
Actually you can’t buy my stuff because I’m on holidays due to moving and losing my paper and my left elbow and the will to succeed, but REMEMBER I EXIST and then buy it later.
73. DO YOU LIKE BEING OUTSIDE?
74. DO PEOPLE EVER CALL YOU CAITY?
Only if they want to die.
75. CAN YOU TELL US ABOUT YOUR MUSICAL CAREER?
- Age 9: forced by parental to learn the Devil’s Instrument, aka the recorder. HATED IT.
- Age 12: begged parental to teach me piano.
- Age 13: begged parent to teach me violin, parent ASKED FOR MERCY, none was given.
- Age 14: realised hate hate hate hates performing and the anxiety levels are akin to death.
- Age 15: got professional piano lessons because had been largely self-taught since parental doesn’t actually play piano. Teacher pleased that self is a tolerable pianist. Then notices self has no concept of FINGERING. Teacher quits job and flees the country.
- Age 16: bought a cello. WHY.
- Age 16: got serious about violin, with 2+ hours a day of practise, but also had Teacher From Hell who terrified self into hating music.
- Age 17: quit violin and started cello lessons with Purest Nice Cinnamon Teacher.
- Age 18: realised hate hate hate hates performing and the anxiety levels are akin to death
- Age 19: quits lessons because is not planning to perform or teach so feels is wasting money, PLUS wants to concentrate more on writing.
- Age 20: pretends to still practise
- Age 23: is still pretending will take up practise again (and would like to!!)
76. ARE YOU IN A RELATIONSHIP?
Only with my bookshelf. <3 Otherwise, I’ve yet to feel romantically attracted to anyone of ever.
77. WHAT ABOUT THE UNTOLD HISTORY OF ATTICUS?
There isn’t much to tell, except I bought him in Sydney as a smol pupper and named him Atticus Bean (after To Kill a Mockingbird and Ender’s Game) and expected him to aspire to greatness.
He’s scared of other dogs, people, wet grass, the air, and pens clicking.
So that backfired.
78. CAN WE SEE YOUR FACE?
No, unfortunately, I lost it. These days I’m mostly a stack of books on legs.
80. ARE YOUR ARCHIVES ACCESSIBLE?
Wait while I just…burn them…to the ground…
Ah nope, I don’t think so.
81. DO YOU REMEMBER YOUR FIRST ARC SENT BY PUBLISHERS?
I do! It was Hate Is Such A Strong Word by Sara Ayoub and I loved it which was such a relief otherwise #awkward.
82. HOW LONG DID IT TAKE YOU TO REACH A WIDE AUDIENCE?
I blogged for about 3 years before I understand what social networking was. Then I spent like ALL of 2015 rabidly commenting on blogs until I lost 9 of my eyeballs. It really paid off though! For me, finding followers was a mixture of commenting, being accessible and friendly, and posting consistently a lot over 6 years.
83. WHAT TYPE OF POSTS DO YOU LOVE DOING THE MOST?
All of them! I never never never blog about something I don’t want to!
84. HAVE YOU EVER INTERVIEWED AN AUTHOR?
YES. I’VE RUBBED ELBOWS WITH FAME…like:
- Derek Landy
- Alwyn Hamilton
- Amy Tintera
- AG Howard
- Rachael Craw
- Kylie Fornaiser
- Natalie Whipple
- Kat Zhang
- Stephanie Diaz
- Steph Bowe
85. WHY DO YOU THINK PEOPLE LIKE YOUR BLOG?
I’m still trying to figure it out. IS IT BECAUSE I SHOUT AT YOU IN ALL CAPS AND THREATEN TO DESTROY YOUR PLANET? Or because I’m super adorable?
It may also be that I reply to comments and try my very darndest to be friendly. And also try to support YOU. I know I fail sometimes, but I try to visit all your blogs and provide you with fun content to read and
also steal your cake. *
* Obviously, as I keep saying, I JUST MOVED HOUSE. So I’m abhorrently behind on everything in the internet realms. Forgive me? I’ll catch up, I swear! And just thank you thank you for still reading even when I’m swamped and can’t comment back. MY HEART. <3
86. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE CLASSIC?
Peter Pan! My truest INSPIRATION.
87. WHAT’S YOUR FAVOURITE SHIP?
- Pynch from The Raven Cycle
- Puck and Sean from The Scorpio Races
- Julian and Emma from Lady Midnight
- Matthias and Nina from Six of Crows
- Percy and Monty from The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue
- Me and Kell’s coat
88. WHAT CHARACTER WOULD YOU MARRY?
Kell, so I could hit him on the head and steal his coat and run off.
89. WHICH WERE YOUR FAVOURITE BLOGS BEFORE YOU STARTED YOUR OWN?
I didn’t even KNOW what a blog was when I started! I’d never even ever read one!
Pro Tip: do not be like me.
However…here are some of my favourite blogs * currently though!
* And I avoid doing lists like these because I love hundreds of blogs!! I do!! And it pains me not to have mentioned everyone’s that I read and adore. So consider this a smidge.
90. DO YOU WATCH BOOKTUBE?
I prefer to read an article than listen to people.
91. IF YOU WERE AN ANIMAL, WHAT WOULD YOU BE?
92. HOW DO YOU MANAGE TO READ THAT MANY BOOKS EVERY YEAR?
WITH MY 9 EYEBALLS.
Reading is also a priority for me. I want author to be my career, so I read, okay!?? You wouldn’t expect a chef not to eat. I must fuel my little mind. Books > most things.
93. HOW DO YOU READ AND DO SO MUCH?
There are actually twelve of me.
HAHA JUST KIDDING.
I don’t have a life?
94. DO YOU HAVE AN AUSTRALIAN ACCENT?
OF COURSE I DO, YOU CABBAGE. I LIVE HERE, DON’T I.
Although while we’re divulging my life’s secrets: my grandparents on one side and great-grandparents on the other were all Italian and German. So I’m not that far removed from Europe! Immigrant ancestors! No convicts! So surprising!
95. WHAT’S THE MOST INTERESTING DEATH YOU’VE EVER DONE TO A CHARACTER?
Gee, you guys are morbid coming at me with all these
fun totally dastardly questions.
I do many interesting deaths, including:
- turning people to glass from the inside so they slice themselves to pieces inside out
- the normal hanging, beheading, stabbing, etc.
- throwing off top of very tall tower
- death by telekinesis head snapping
- caught someone in a spell circle that broke all their bones
- stabbed someone with Davy Jones and then they got dragged into the sea
- set on fire
- general unhappiness
However, I prefer to hurt characters instead of just kill them, because it’s much more painful for the reader.
96. WHEN CAN I EXPECT ONE OF YOUR BOOKS TO BE PUBLISHED?
Let me know when you know.
(Also I plan to traditionally publish, so it’s out of my hands! I do have an agent though.)
97. HOW DO YOU GET TRAFFIC TO YOUR BLOG?
Sometimes I sit in the middle of the road and wait for a car to hit me.
Other times I participate in linkups, comment wildly on many many many other blogs. I give a brief tutorial of that here.
98. WHERE DO YOU FIND THE MOTIVATION TO KEEP POSTING FOR 6 YEARS?
Obsession. PURE AND SIMPLE OBSESSION. And also my #1 goal for blogging was always to develop an army who’d buy my book if I ever got published. So that’s motivating.
Other times I HAVE NO MOTIVATION and I flop around the house and whine about it.
99. HOW DOES A DRAGON EVEN FLIP THE PAGES OF A BOOK?
I ask the book nicely to turn pages itself.
100. WOULD YOU EVER STOP EATING CAKE IN FAVOUR OF EATING A BOOK?
No. The book will wait. Cake will not.
101. HOW DO YOU READ IF YOU DON’T HAVE A FACE?
102. HOW DO YOU FIND SUCH AMAZING PROPS FOR YOUR PICTURES?
I buy my flowers at opshops / thrift stores and I make a lot of the other props myself! Origami is my go-to, aaaand I either use scrapbook paper for backdrops, or I zentangle it myself.
103. WHAT CAMERA DO YOU RECOMMEND?
I use a Nikon D3200!
104. WHAT IS YOUR ACTUAL JOB?
Also freelancer, if we want to be boring. I don’t fully quite support myself yet, hence I live with my parents, although also for health and other reasons I shan’t tell you. #hairflip
105. HOW CAN I GET FREE BOOKS TO KEEP FOREVER WITHOUT HAVING TO TRADE MY SOUL?
Excuse you, your soul IS MINE.
Also you can inquire to publishers about ARCs! This stands for “advanced reader copy” and they’re given out in exchange for reviews. I suggest googling it. You’ll get a thorough tutorial. I’ve found publishers are super generous and easy to contact in Australia, nooooot sure about other countries. Also I use Netgalley and Edelweiss for e-galleys.
Also, it’s not free: but second hand stores! MOST of the books I own are from 2nd hand stores and library sales…and it peeves me when people assume I’m mega-rich. No, sir. I am not.
106. WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO FREAKING PUBLISH A BOOK?
107. WHAT ADVICE DO YOU HAVE FOR NEW BABY BOOK BLOGGERS?
YOU’RE SO CUTE THOUGH. SO CUTE AND TINY AND WELCOME TO BLOGGING! Ahem, sorry, wait…helpful tips, okay heeeelpful tips…
- Network! Comment on blogs and join in meaningful discussions.
- Follow others and support them.
- Get active on a social media site…you don’t have to be on ALL of them. Focus on one and work at it!
- Offer something different or fresh if you can. This seems hard, but it can be as simple as having a unique blogging voice.
- Have a nice blog design. You can get TONS of clean and functional free ones, so you don’t have to pay. Just google. GOOGLE IS YOUR FIREND. Remember: white clean backgrounds and plain black text. If you have a black background or curly fonts as your text — THIS STARSHIP IS FALLING, SIR.
- Keep going! You might not have 100 followers in your first year, but it’ll happen. I had less 50 followers for about, erm…3 years.
- Join in linkups to connect with other blogs.
- Don’t forget snack breaks.
- Start off blogging in YOUR style and YOUR voice and in YOUR way. There’s no rules and you’ll get bored if you try to do exactly what everyone else is doing.
- Don’t copy your heroes! Be unique and yourself.
- Write the blog you want to read.
- And talk about food. 10/10 will read a blog that discusses food.
108. HOW MANY SIBLINGS DO YOU HAVE?
I have 4 sisters and 1 brother and they’re on sale, so just tell me the date/time and I’ll post them to you.
109. DO YOU LIKE THE ACOTAR SERIES?
I think it’s incredibly sexist and the relationships are abusive and it’s nOT YA even though it’s been labelled as it. For me, it’s also completely cliche and all the faerie growling, male dominance, and sex ain’t my thing. I also have problems with Sarah J Maas books in general for how whitewashed they are and how they kill off POC and cut out characters with disabilities.
I’m also 500% okay if YOU LIKE IT. We are not the same person and we don’t have to think the same way. I mean, thank goodness.
110. ARE YOU GOING TO CREATE A BOOKTUBE CHANNEL?
But I don’t have a face.
111. DO YOU HAVE SOCIAL ANXIETY OR ANXIETY IN GENERAL? AND IF YOU DO, HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH IT AND STILL BE HILARIOUS AND OUTGOING IN YOUR POSTS?
I have BOTH. Because why get hit with one when you can have two? Haha haha HAHAHA HAHA.
I’ve always been better at communicating through writing rather than talking. So HELLO internet, which allows me to write my little heart out. It’s a safe place for me because (a) I have can formulate replies in my own slow time, (b) I choose when and how often to put out content to control anxiety-induced-exhaustion, and (c) it’s just easier to talk to people online rather than in-person!
But yes I get anxious about posts! You might notice I rarely blog about anything controversial because the anxiety-levels do not handle. I get worried about making new friends, so PLEASE: you come to me and throw gifs and chat about cake and read The Raven Boys with me. I will instantly adopt you.
I don’t try to “hide” my anxiety, but I do only put some of myself out on the internet. It’s my decision! I don’t blog about anxiety but that doesn’t mean it’s not a huge part of my life.
Also practise. After 6 years of making terrible puns and shouting in all caps about books, I’m just very used to it.
112. FAVOURITE MUSICAL?
The one with no singing.
113. HOW DO YOU DESIGN BOOKMARKS?
I have no idea as I do not. Probably with witchcraft.
114. WHAT IS ONE THING YOU WISH YOU’D DONE DIFFERENTLY WITH YOUR BLOG?
I do wish I’d gone with a pseudonym, believe it or not! I had a lot of very personal attacks last year with people smearing my name around (with complete trash fire lies) and it would’ve been nice to say “Okay that is The Dragon Queen over on the internet, but CAIT is logging off and chilling now.” Just for a bit of a severing there.
Also I dislike my name. *
* DON’T TELL MY MUM.
115. WHAT WOULD YOU BE DOING IF YOU WEREN’T A WRITER?
Probably crying in a hole.
116. DO YOU BELIEVE IN UNCONVENTIONAL CAKES (EG. AVOCADO, GINGER-LEMON-CARAMAL, CHEESE AND ONION ETC.)?
I do, actually, I do very much. Although I’ve not had the latter two, but there is this absolutely delicious avocado and chocolate pie that is just TO DIE FOR. Also, due to allergies, all the cakes I eat are sugar/gluten/grain free and mostly healthy too, so #noregrets.
117. WHAT IS THE CRAZIEST THING YOU’VE EVER DONE WHILE LISTENING TO AN AUDIOBOOK?
Laughed like a demented chicken so badly that my dog left the room.
118. HOW DO YOU REPLY TO PEOPLE WHO TELL YOU THAT YOU READ TOO MUCH IRL?
I eat them.
119. HOW DO YOU GO ABOUT GETTING YOUR OWN WEBSITE?
I feel awfully guilty but…I DON’T KNOW. I have a relative who set it up for me and in return I babysat his children. I literally sat on the children. I think they’re okay now, though.
120. DO YOU LIKE CEREAL?
YES. But I don’t eat it because I eat eggs of the unborn for breakfast.
121. HOW DO YOU SIT YOUR REAR DOWN AND WRITE SO MUCH AT A TIME?
OBSESSION. Possibly a touch of manic obsession… I get hyper zoned in on writing and can do it for hours. It’s also (a) I’ve been writing for 7 years so #practised, and (b) I want this to be my career so EATING FOOD AND BEING ABLE TO LIVE IS MOTIVATING.
122. WHY IS USING A WRITING PROGRAM IMPORTANT AND HOW HAS IT HELPED YOU?
- Scrivener keeps all my files together so I don’t have 9389 word documents up at one time.
- It breaks up chapters which makes editing and flipping back and forth SUPER chill.
- It autosaves and autobacks up.
- I can write little notes to myself before each chapter with the corkboard feature.
- IT’S NOT EVEN COMPLICATED OR HARD TO USE.
123. HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE YOU TO WRITE A POST?
Generally a few hours. I fluff around a lot making graphics and organising the photos. My posts are generally about 1,500-words too. Sooooo loooooong.
124. HOW DO YOU SORT YOUR BOOKS BY COLOUR IF THE SPINES ARE MULTIPLE COLOURS?
Mostly you just weep tears of blood and bitterness. I sometimes break up a series like a monster. OR I put them in my secondary bookshelf which isn’t quite rainbow themed.
Like, please, I’m not breaking up my Schwab or Stiefvater shrines.
125. WHAT ARE SOME OF THE PRETTIEST BOOKS YOU OWN?
126. WHY DON’T YOU HAVE A PAGE OF WIPS ON YOUR BLOG ANYMORE?
IT’S A SECRET. But you can see my WIP boards on Pinterest.
127. WHAT IS IT LIKE HAVING A SIX YEAR OLD NOW?
I got confused for a moment and though maybe perhaps I had a child in the world I had no knowledge of — AND THEN MY BRAIN CAUGHT UP. Yes yes, my six year old blog child is very nice. It’s well adjusted to society and I can even leave it for a week and the stats are still fine. Which leads me to believe people love me best when I’m not blogging.
It’s okay. I’m not crying.
THAT’S JUST TEARS OF VOLCANIC ASH.
128. HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN WRITING NOVELS?
I started truly writing at 15! Because that time I plagiarised The Three Little Bears when I was like 6? Yeah, let’s not count that.
So 7 or so years.
129. WHAT WAS THE BIGGEST EMBARRASSING MOMENT IN BLOGGING?
- As a newbie blogger I tagged an author in a negative review…I just…I CAN’T EVEN.
- I’ve requested a book to the wrong publisher.
- A favourite author thought I subtweeted them and I SO SO DIDN’T and I’m still distraught over that.
- I thought two bloggers were the SAME PERSON for absolutely ever.
130. WHILE READING YOUR REVIEWS, I NOTICED ONE CRITIQUE THAT COMES UP A LOT IS THAT YOU DIDN’T CARE ABOUT THE MAIN CHARACTERS, AND THAT PREVENTED YOU FROM FULLY ENJOYING THE NOVEL. I ENCOUNTER THAT PROBLEM A LOT, TOO. SO WHAT DOES IT TAKE YOU TO CARE? DO YOU NOTICE CERTAIN STYLES/PATTERS/CHARACTER DEVELOPMENTS THAT CAUSE YOU TO CARE MORE THAN OTHERS?
I’m partially pleased and partially embarrassed that you noticed! But yes, I am a a peculiar little felon and don’t relate to people very often. In books. Out of books. Ya know. The whole works.
For me it’s mostly a personality thing. Being Vulcan and INTJ and extremely introverted. However, some authors (Schwab, Stiefvater, Ness, Clare, etc.) make me care about ANY character — proof of excellent writing that can melt even my dead Vulcan heart!
But here’s a smol list of characters I’ll always care about:
- siblings who are very close
- soft, kind, sweet boys and sharp, intelligent, heartfelt girls
- characters with accurately portrayed anxiety
- tragic smol cinnamon rolls
- characters whose first love are also books and libraries
- slightly psychopathic characters who just WANT TO BE LOVED
- sweet characters forced to do dark/bad things
- anyone who is sassy, let’s be real here
- characters who care SO FIERCELY about others
- characters who like cake, obviously
131. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIFIC SCHEDULE FOR YOUR BLOG?
USUALLY (but just not this weekend #irony) it is:
- Monday = review
- Tuesday = Top Ten Tuesday linkup
- Friday = maaaaaaaaybe a tag or an extra review or me shouting about a grape but usually NOTHING
- Saturday = discussion or list of bookish nonsense
I also post at 7:00pm EST Australian time. On the dot. Schedules and consistency are my friends.
132. HOW DO YOU PRIORITISE YOUR TIME WITH WRITING/EDITING/FORMATTING BLOG CONTENT, TAKING PHOTOS, WRITING NOVELS, AND SEEING FAMILY AND FRIENDS?
- I DON’T. I FAIL. ALL THE TIME.
- When I’m writing, that comes #1…but I don’t write all the time! I binge write for 4 days and do nothing else and then I take 4 months off. Erm…don’t be me.
- I only write 3 posts a week and the reviews are super easy at least.
- I do most reading at night or early morning.
- I take photos only on weekends and do a MASSIVE photoshoot.
- What do you mean “see family and friends”.
- explain yourself
133. WHAT IS YOUR ULTIMATE DREAM IN LIFE?
To walk into a bookstore, point at a beautiful book on display and say, “YES I WROTE THAT. THAT IS MY CHILD. I DID IT AFTER 12 YEARS IN AZKABAN AND NO ONE COULD STOP ME.”
134. HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE YOU RECRUITED FOR YOUR PLAN OF WORLD DOMINATION?
Roughly 50,000 of you online. I suspect some of you are doubles and robots though.
And my dog.
135. WHAT’S YOUR FAVOURITE PART OF THE DAY TO READ / WRITE?
When I write: it is ALL THE DAY.
I’d rather read in the morning when I know where my eyeballs are, buuuut it rarely happens that way. Because LIFE COMMITMENTS.
136. HOW DO YOU STAY PRODUCTIVE WITH SOCIAL MEDIA AROUND?
I give myself only certain times I can check it. And if myself throws a tantrum, myself gets a lecture and no one wants that do we.
137. GIVE ME 3 REASONS WHY MY NEXT READ SHOULD BE THE RAVEN BOYS?
- It is magical and sassy and full of complex characters who will break your heart.
- There are dead boys and feminist girls.
- IT’S MY FAVOURITE SERIES AND I SAID TO READ IT.
138. DO YOU SOMETIMES THINK “WOW THE WORLD IS SO BIG”?
Yes. Particularly when I drop something small on the floor and can’t find it again.
139. DO YOU NEED ANY MORE BETA READERS?
Maybe. I have 3.5 critique partners. The 0.5 is my sister who, left alone, will take 3 years to read one of my books. I think she’s trying to tell me something…
I just finished writing a book however, and I’ll be looking for some specific sensitivity readers. I’LL LET YOU KNOW SOON.
140. WOULD YOU EVER CO-AUTHOR A BOOK WITH SOMEONE VIA THE INTERNET?
141. HAVE YOU EVER THOUGHT ABOUT SELF-PUBLISHING?
It’s not for me! Too much work / pressure to get it all perfect…alone. And like I said: BOOKSTORE DREAM.
I have nothing against self-publishing, obviously, it’s just not what I want.
142. DO YOU GET RID OF BOOKS YOU DON’T LIKE?
Only if forced. Like during this move I must’ve gotten rid of at least 100+ books…
143. HOW OLD ARE YOU, IN DRAGON YEARS AND OTHERWISE?
The humans refer to me as in my 23rd year.
144. WHOSE BOOTS ARE THOSE?
146. WHICH OF YOUR BOOKS ARE YOU GOING TO PUBLISH FIRST?
It’s a surprise.
147. HOW MANY YEARS OF PRACTISE DID IT TAKE TO WRITE SO MANY WORDS SO FAST?
JUST KIDDING. Only 7 years! I heard once that after 1 million words, you start to be more confident about what you’re doing. #agreed
I have written….so many words. I wrote 500,000 this year alone.
148. WHAT BOOK HAVE YOU BEEN TELLING YOURSELF YOU’LL READ FOR AGES BUT STILL HAVEN’T YET?
149. DO YOU LOOK FORWARD TO THE DAY YOU TRAUMATISE YOUR READERS?
150. WORST BOOK RELATED MISHAP?
I tried to take a photo of a book perched on a verandah. IT DID A SHERLOCK AND LEAPED. Into a mud puddle. I’m still…traumatised.
151. WHEN PACKING, DID YOU FIND A BOOK / DUPLICATE YOU DIDN’T KNOW YOU OWNED?
YES. AND I’M ASHAMED. I kept some pretty duplicates because #collector, but I had NO idea I had two of Ally Carter’s I’d Tell You I Love You But Then I’d Have To Kill You. I don’t even like that book. HOW DO I HAVE TWO.
152. IS KELLY REALLY YOUR FAVOURITE BLOGGER?
153. WHAT’S THE BEST PART OF CAKE? FROSTING? ACTUAL CAKE? PRETTY PICTURES? THE DELICIOUSNESS?
154. WERE THERE ANY SPECIFIC MOMENTS THAT GOT YOU WHERE YOU ARE NOW WITH BLOGGING?
I have definitely had some HUGE moments, but I don’t know which ones contributed to me being the delightfully deranged cyclone I am now? Recently I got interviewed by Bookstr which was PRETTY BIG and some of my tweets have gotten 6,000+ likes!
155. WHO IS YOUR ABSOLUTE INSPIRATION IN LIFE?
Definitely L from Death Note. Let’s be real here.
156. CAKE ISN’T GOOD. WHY DO YOU LIKE CAKE?
157. CAN YOU TELL US ABOUT YOUR QUERYING EXPERIENCE.
The short version is:
- I wrote a query.
- I got many critiques.
- I sent it out and it got rejected.
- I wrote more queries and got more critiques.
- Several people (including FREAKING PROFESSIONAL AUTHORS WHO HOSTED A CONTEST) told me my book would never work and to stop.
- I sent out more queries.
- After 10 months of querying, I signed with an agent.
158. WHAT’S YOUR FAVOURITE FRENCH FOOD?
I was going to say “French fry” but apparently they’re from Belgium. THAT’S NOT CONFUSING AT ALL.
159. DO YOU LISTEN TO MUSIC?
When I’m plotting novels: YES. I have a playlist of insanity that will range from things like Pirates of the Caribbean soundtrack, to Sia, Neon Dreams, Preedy, Gjan, Fall Out Boy, Imagine Dragons, Stahl, Sean & Bobo, Marianas Trench, Axhello, One Republic, and Clean Bandit.
When writing: no. I want silence. SILENCE.
160. WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT BOOKS BEING TURNED INTO MOVIES?
161. CHOOSE BETWEEN (A) DRAGON HATCHLING, (2) $1,000,000 OR (3) MAGICAL INVISIBLE HOUSEHOLD SERVANTS TO COOK/CLEAN FOR YOU?
Obviously (a) because then, when it is grown, my new child can eat what parts of the world deny my rule. As queen and lord of all, I shall need not mere coin.
162. BEST AND WORST THING THAT HAS HAPPENED TO YOU IN YOUR BLOG REIGN?
BEST: making some simply amazing friends, being given books (!!!!!!!), realising that people like my intermittent shouting and strange humour, watching the arrow on my main page shoot across the screen because simple pleasures, ok.
WORST: being attacked for not liking a book which consequently lead to a lot of people (who I thought were friends) blocking me without EVER asking me what had happened…it would not have taken much to send me a DM and say “Hey Cait, I heard people saying you hate diversity, what’s up with that?” I would’ve explained most happily why some spiteful people decided to try and ruin my online presence. Because as a marginalised person myself, of course I support and love diversity. ANYWAY. Hopefully it doesn’t happen again. My anxious soul took months to recover.
163. NIGHT OWL OR MORNING PERSON?
BOTH FOR I DO NOT SLUMBER.
Oh look, here’s that tremendous giveaway again.
And tremendous cake which I’ll actually share at least 2 crumbs with you. Anyway, same as before: 3 prizes for 3 winners! Open INTERNATIONALLY.
- (1st Prize) Amazon ebook of your choice! (Up to $10 Australian!)
- (2nd Prize) A mini bookish necklace!
- (3rd Prize) A 10,000-word critique of your writing from ME. (If you trust my opinions mwhaha…but I’ve done 3 professional writing courses, I’ve written 25 books, and I’m signed with a literary agent.)