If you’ve been following our blog since The Beginning of All Things, you know a lot about us. (You are also very dedicated and we admire you for sticking with us for so long.) BUT. If you’re new (bless you), how would you feel about a little About The Weird And Fabulous Sisters post?
Oh, I just knew you’d say, “Oh yes, please, that would be wonderful!”
Three things have inspired this post:
1) It’s been a looong time since we did a this-is-us-in-all-our-weird-glory post.
2) Our AWESOME friend Treskie tagged us (and Cait owes her big time because Cait’s been sending her loooong fangirling emails about the Supernatural fandom and all the feels it entails). Also, do go see her blog. It. is. hilarious.
3) This is a brilliant chance to (sneakily) ask ALL our followers to come out of the woodwork, say hey, and leave a link to their blogs so we can “meet” everyone officially!
Yeees, this is kind of a tag. We don’t do tags. (Except for today.) So, first, we’ll list some things about ourselves and then we’ll answer some of Treskie’s questions.
1. I have two personas: I am either Spock, or Rapunzel. That is to say, I’m super organised, factual, and have no emotions, or I’m all over the place and really into art.
2. I love music. I love listening to it, I love playing it, I love watching people make it. It’s just great.
3. Speaking of music, I actually enjoy performing. Weird, I know, but it’s legitimately fun.
4. I don’t get time to read much at the moment, even though I really enjoy it. School does that, which is one of its more unfortunate side effects.
5. On the flip side, I’m a Year 10 school student, and I legitimately enjoy studying and researching the most random stuff in my free time–most of it pertains to planning out the next 3-5 years of my life… see what I mean? Spock and Rapunzel.
1. I have a ridiculous book cover obsession. Seriously. I want to read books JUST because of their covers. Sometimes I stroke them.
2. I’m short. I’m 5’1. I have an older brother who is 6 foot. You can imagine how annoying this is while trying to converse.
3. I’m training for the zombie apocalypse. I’m hoarding peanut butter. I run 2.6kms every morning. I never wear high heels, juuuust in case all zombieness bursts loose and I need to run for my life.
4. Humans will be the death of me. I swear, the moment one looks at me and says, “Hi how are you?” I forget the English language entirely. In real life I speak like this, “Yes, I’m was am good, um, thanks and what about yes yourself how are you yourself today, um, yeah?” #UNEDITED.
5. Even though I live in Australia, I’m like 1/4 Italian and my last name is German. If it was WWII, I’d be of sinister intentions. Actually (while we’re on this topic) “Drews” is derived from the Germanic name “Drogo”. So therefore I am related to Frodo son of Drogo.
AND YOU THOUGHT THE ONE RING WAS DESTROYED. MWHAHAHA.
1) Are you musically inclined?
MIME: I would think so. As mentioned above, music is my thing. I’m AMEB Grade 7 for the flute, though a meagre Grade 3 for piano (I should be moving up to Grade 4 soon, though.)
CAIT: Yeah, yeah, Mozart up there is claiming all the little trophies. But I play a WICKED Kraken theme on the piano. I used to play violin, but then I got tired. Now I play the cello (I get to sit down).
2) What is your opinion on spiders?
MIME: WE HATES THEM, PRECIOUS!
CAIT: BURN THEM AND SALT THEM AND THEN SHOOT THE REMAINS.
3) What’s taters, Precious, eh? What’s taters?
4) Do you have siblings? If so, how many?
CAIT: I’m an only child.
MIME: We adopted her as our alien pet, and every so often we feed her kryptonite to keep her from destroying the universe. Other than that, I have, wait, let me count… five siblings? Including her? Six all up? Yeah, that sounds right.
5) If you were to give a fake name at Starbucks, what name would you choose and why?
CAIT: For starters, we don’t HAVE Starbucks. (Well, maybe they do in Melbourne.) We have something called Gloria Jeans. You get to wear jeans when you go there. I would probably leave the name Megamind: Evil Genius and Master of All Villainy.
MIME: Free coffee. So then when they call it out, “Free coffee!” and try to make me pay, I’ll say the advertised falsely, and they’d have to give it to me for free.
CAIT: I’ve trained my little baby so well. She’s all grown up and destroying things.
6) Can you finish this quote? “Life is pain, highness, anyone who says differently –“
MIME: “Selling something.” Anyone who doesn’t know that had a sad and lonely childhood.
7) Movies or TV shows?
CAIT: I’m going to say…you know, I’m actually torn? I DO love how TV shows are shorter and you don’t have to sit still for THREE HOURS. 40mins and you can get up. (And then sit back down to watch another episode.) Movies have soundtracks, though. Awesome soundtracks.
MIME: Movies! Because you get the epicness for up to THREE HOURS!
8) If money and maintenance were not a problem, would you own a black 1967 Chevy Impala?
CAIT: Hmph, Mime. It’s a fandom reference you wouldn’t understand. And, yes, by the way. I wouldn’t know how to drive it (I only drive automatic so far), but yes. Just because.
aaaand now it’s your turn!
We’re not “tagging” or anything, but if you want to say “hi” if you haven’t before DO IT. And if you’re feeling up to the challenge, you could list 5 things about yourself in the comments. (You know you want to.) We comment back. We also like to get to know our fabulous bloggly friends, because you guys are quite awesome. Just saying.
And for those of you who we already know and stalk and all that? We like you. You’re the best.
And leave a link to your blog! Please! We want to visit your corner of the internet.
Cait and Mime are sisters (believe it or not). They’re favourite pastimes include annoying each other, analysing disney characters, and eating. They eat all sorts of things. But not each other. Because that is called canibalism is frowned up in most societies. Currently Mime is reading CRESS by Marissa Meyer and Cait is reading LOLA AND THE BOY NEXT DOOR by Stephanie Perkins.