Well, greetings, my frabjous friends!
It’s recap time! You’ve probably noticed I don’t do a weekend recap every week now, this is because I’m pruning my blog schedule. (So I have more time to reply to comments and chat on your blogs.) But I’ll recap occasionally, and definitely at the end of the month. Because it’s fun. I like fun things.
So goodbye January, hellooooo February!
T H E S T A C K
Unwanted – surprise from Penguin! // Skulduggery Pleasant 4: Mortal Coil – it’s absolutely beaten up, but I got it for 50cents // Ensnared – thanks Thames and Hudson – also afjdklsafdf // Of Metal and Wishes – library – I’ve wanted to this forever…phantom of the opera retelling? YES PLEASE // I’ll Give You the Sun – library – I’ve only heard good things! // Black Heart – library – conclusion to my newest favouritest con artist trilogy // Endgame – I won this from Harpercollins and it’s signed, let me flaaaail // Red Queen – thank you Hachette – it’s a finished copy and it’s beautiful (I have already read it)
Do you know how long I’ve been dying for Ensnared by A.G. Howard? It’s the conclusion to the Splintered Wonderland retelling trilogy and….I NEED IT LIKE I NEED AIR. Of course I ate it already. It was perfection. I may cry. Give me a second.*
* Although, in case you jump to conclusion about my happiness since I aggressively ship Morpheus and Alyssa…it doesn’t work out like I planned. But I am two thousand percent happy.
V O T E! Y A Y![poll id=”5″]
IN JANUARY, I READ 25 BOOKS
Technically I read 5 comics 20 novels. (All these books link to their reviews on goodreads!)
- Best book? It is, without doubt, ENSNARED! (Are you surprised?!) But close follow ups are The Darkest Part of the Forest (which was my first 5-star rating for the year) and the Death Cure (another 5-star and totally perfect trilogy conclusion).
- Wish I’d never read? Ugh, definitely Captain America: The Winter Soldier. It was so dumb. It ended up being a recap of the movie and was very badly written.
- Did I laugh? I read 3 Percy Jackson books and giggled in each of them.
- Cover love? Definitely Red Queen! I pouted about the actual book but the cover. OH THE COVER LOVE.
- Most eaten genre? As always…PARANORMAL WINS. Gosh, do I need to expand my horizons or what? (Probably not, though. I love me some paranormal.) I’ve also got 3 books towards the Fairy Tale Retelling challenge!
- Ratings? I had an awful blogging slump where I felt like I rated EVERYTHING 3-stars. I couldn’t commit to loving or hating it. But then I did have four 5-star reads and that’s makes me happy.
JANUARY THE BLOG: THIS IS WHAT YOU LOVED
APPARENTLY YOU LOVED:
- 22 Things Before I’m 22
- Beautiful People #4: Author Edition [we had a wildly wonderful time with this]
- 21 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Me [You little stalkers]
- #Bookwormproblems [We can all relate, right?]
PEOPLE FOUND MY BLOG BY SEARCHING FOR THESE RESULTS:
- winter spell anise x clara
- a short story illustrating love for everybody [gee, did you find anything?!]
- how can you have unity when you and your sister fighting in watching tv [I recommend sitting on her face and holding the controller so high she cannot reach it. It brings unity in my house]
- reasons that edmund is the best pevensie [because he rocks, that’s why]
THE TIME I DID NOT READ
Who are we kidding? I mostly read this month. Although I have started edits on my book The Dead Boy And The Paper Cut. I’ve edited two chapters and therefore think I deserve a 3 week break. (Right? RIGHT?!) Okay, fine…I’ll work. I just find editing excruciatingly hard.
So I zentangled some Ensnared fanart. #procrastinatinglikeaqueen
ELSEWHERE, ON THE INTERNET
- Jen @ YA Romantics asks if 2015 is the peak of YA mental illness books?
- Bookbub showed how the covers for Alice in Wonderland have changed over the years.
- There’s this absolutely hilarious Lord of the Rings meets Let It Go parody. LET IT GO, MR FRODO.
- Sunny @ A Splash of Ink says we should be hungry for criticism.
- Epic Reads has a hilarious post about Victoria Aveyard (author of Red Queen!)
- There’s a book trailer for The Darkest Part of the Forest and it’s FREAKY. I usually avoid book trailers…but this one is perfect.
- Stephanie @ Chasm of Books gives 8 tips for the book blogging community.
- Emily @ Loony Literate is having a party!
- Jeann @ Happy Indulgence talks about stereotypes.
- Nuz @ Say It With Books talks about blogging identities.
- Aaand there’s a trailer for the new Fantastic Four! I admit! I was dubious because I liked the first version. BUT THIS LOOKS…wait for it…FANTASTIC. (Oh come on! You knew that was coming.)
LATELY, ON INSTAGRAM
Click on the pictures to jump over to my instagram for bigger images! I love instagram, by the way. It is the ultimate place for gorgeous bookish photography.