Happy New Year!
I had a spontaneous bloggy break after Christmas — BUT I AM BACK. And reading again! (I took a break of that too…300 books is tiring, okay?) And I have a ginormous load of books because TBRs literally grow when left unattended. Where did these books come from? Who can know. But I shall eat them regardless.
And I’ve set my Goodreads goal (can I pause here to say I love how it’s orange?! Orange is my favourite) for 200…although, let’s be real. I secretly want to read 300, but a) I need to aim low so I can overachieve, and b) I actually want to write more this year so MAYBE I SHOULD JUST READ 200?!?! AND CALM DOWN FOR A WHILE!? We shall see.
OH WAIT. Before you dash off…did you know I made it to the finals of Epic Reads’ Book Shimmy Awards?! JUST A SECOND. I NEED TO HYPERVENTILATE AGAIN. (!!!) So if you want to vote for me…basically my dragons and I will love you and give you lightly toasted cake and doesn’t that sound wonderful? I KNOW. So go vote.
I won these from the glorious Romi @ Where The Writer Comes to Write! Best. giveaway. ever. Least to say I’m freaking out over Carry On because I really really want to read that and NOW I CAN. Teeny tiny bit nervous though? But we shall see, humans, ohhhh, we shall see.
And excuse me but I can’t even SAY the title without Supernatural’s influences. Humour me. But…Carry ONNNN my wayward sonnnnnnn.
You know what I seriously hate? PLASTIC COVERS ON LIBRARY BOOKS. It totally destroys photos. I just…I just need a moment of rage. AHEM.
- WHAT I SAW: Thank you to Harlequin!
- FRIDAY BARNES NO RULES #4: Surprise from Random House which is…erm…awkward because it’s 4th in a series.
- BEAUTIFUL BROKEN THINGS: Thank you Pan Macmillan! I’ve heard intriguingly good things.
- THE ADORATION OF JENNA FOX: I libraried this specifically because Rashika said to. I DO WHAT RASHIKA SAYS. I AM WISE.
- THE EVOLUTION OF MARA DYER (Mara Dyer #2): Because I need more unstable narrations and weird mind twistery books in my life apparently.
- LIQUIDATOR: This was a surprise ARC but…it sounds like “Not A Cait Book”. HOWEVER. Because I did like Andy Mulligan’s book Trash, I’ll try it. Thanks Scholastic!
- FIRST AND THEN: The cover for this is gorgeous. No idea what the book is about. JUST GORGEOUS COVER. Thank you Pan Macmillan!
- LADY HELEN AND THE DARK DAYS CLUB: Thank you to HarperCollins! I received this to do an instagram shoot…so totally go see my marvellous photo.
Thank you, universe, for the creation of Edelweiss.
- THE IMPOSTOR QUEEN: I’ve only read one Sarah Fine book and didn’t like it much…but I like to give authors several tries before I quit. Plus it sounds SO GOOD. Plus I love queens. #goals
- THIS IS WHERE THE WORLD ENDS: I already read it even though it doesn’t come out till March and — AGH. I loved Amy Zhang’s first book. But this one? Nopity no. Review will come…soonish.
Instagram has been monstrously fun, as always. And I recently hit 2,500 followers in time for Christmas! Thank you everyone!
N E W S
- Here’s a list of 8 YA novels being made into movies in 2016. Any you’re excited for?! I had NO IDEA If I Fall was going to be a movie…I need…to read that ASAP.
- Lionsgate wants to make…Hunger games…prequels?! EXCUSE ME BUT HOW IS THIS NOT COMPLETE FAN FICTION NOW??
- There’s a Throne of Glass colouring-in book coming.
- The cover for Rick Riordan’s The Trials of Apollo has been revealed! Classic Riordan. DID I MENTION I NEED THIS BOOK ASAP?
- The BFG trailer looks amazing. Although I still find it ironic how ALL Roald Dahl’s books are basically movies now and he hated the TV with the fire of a thousand suns. #irony
- Also if you want to know what we Australians find amusing — here is The Wizards of Aus. I truly plan to watch this TV show.
B L O G G E R L O V E
- Abbiee @ Abbiee The Music Blog talks about how to be a better blogger, with just fabulous advice.
- Alexandra @ Twirling Pages talked about the Winner’s Curse trilogy cover overhaul and exactly why it was so so wrong.
- Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction talks about Goodreads recommendations and how to use them without being be spammy. Very important information here. VERY.
- Angelina and Brianna @ Otakutwins Reviews hosted an end-of-year-bloggy-awards and — eeep!! — I WON SEVERAL PLACES. Thank you to everyone who voted! You know how happy this makes me?! RIDICULOUSLY HAPPY.
- Mishma @ Chasing Faerytales is holding a 2016 Diverse Books Reading Challenge!
- Aneeqah @ My Not So Real Life shares a round up of advice for people who read a lot in 2015…and I contributed to the post so I can vouch for it’s awesomeness. #humble
O T H E R
OH AND THIS HAPPENED TO ME: A facebook page shared my photo (!!) and it got 12,000+ likes. Um. Hold me?? I’m screaming??
Remember how, once upon a time, I made a Wattpad account and started posting chapters of my 2014-NaNoWriMo novel called The Dead Boy and the Paper Cut? ANCIENT HISTORY, I KNOW. But guess what!? It’s back. Every Saturday I’ll post a chapter, until either a) editing destroy me because editing is cruel and hard, b) I wimp out of posting the whole book because I am a delicate flower, or c) the world ends in dragon fire and zombies and I’m otherwise occupied with that.
You can read the first 6 chapters now! (If you’ve already read the first ones from last year, they have been edited again…buuuut you don’t have to reread them to continue.)
Criticisms, edits, and suggestions welcome!
Now ‘scuse me. I must go back to my angry dejected editing WHICH IS FRYING MY BRAIN.