I’ve been blogging for forever (well, 3.5 years) so you people know me pretty well.
1. How tall are you?
I’m 158cm (or 5’1) which is quite short. I get mistaken for a child all the time (which is discrimination! Just because you’re small doesn’t mean you’re young!). But! I come from a family of extremely short people, so I don’t feel short at home.
Mime is about 156cm. When we have height arguments, it’s rather pathetic. Like Merry and Pippin basically:
2. Do you have a hidden talent? If so, what?
I don’t believe in hiding my talents. I’m modest and humble. But of course I might’ve forgotten to mention some to you…ah, let me see.
– I make delicious guacamole.
– I have insanely good balance while rock climbing.
– I read 296% faster than the average human. I took a test.
– I remember everything while retaining nothing. Intensely handy talent there. (For instance, I remember the exact ingredients and measurements of a recipe. But I never remember birthdays or, you know, what your name is. Gosh I’m horrible with names.)
3. What’s your biggest blog related pet peeve?
Blogs that are hard to actually read. As in the font is too small (or fancy and illegible) or the writing is bright orange (and my eyes water) or it has word verification and I have to fight for several minutes just to release my comment into the wild.
4. What’s your biggest non-blog related peeve?
Humans. Okay! I’ll be a little bit more specific…say, when I’m out and people just stop at the top of stairs, or in the way of an exit, or in the middle of a road to chat and they completely block everything.
5. What’s your favourite song?
This will probably shock you (but you’re used to my shockingness, aren’t you by now?) but I don’t listen to a lot of music! Sometimes: not any.
6. What’s your favourite etsy store that isn’t yours?
7. What’s your favourite way to spend your free time when you’re alone?
I’m alone a lot (because I function well that way) so it’s not unusual at all. Therefore, hum, I do like to read when the house is quiet, or blog, or cook biscuits. Of the chocolate chip variety, preferably.
8. What’s your favourite junk food?
Ice cream. Any flavour because it’s been so long since I’ve had any I’m getting desperate. Hint hint, family.
9. Do you have a pet?
NO. BUT I NEED ONE. I need either a) Toothless, or b) a kelpie x border collie puppy whom I will name Atticus and he will love me and sleep on my bed and solve crime with me.
Parents: it’s pretty much your decision here…dragon or dog?
Fiction: For the next 15 seconds I pick…Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas. This will change in, like, two seconds, though. I have a lot of favourites.
Non-Fiction: It’s A Jungle Out There by Ron Snell. It’s a book about a missionary kid who gets into so much trouble just be existing. He’s like the Amazonian version of Ramona Quimby. At one point his brother’s liver fails and what does Ron Snell do? “Can I eat his birthday cake?” The kid is hilarious.
11. What’s your favourite beauty product?
Pizza. I eat it. It makes me happy. Happiness makes me look nice.
12. When were you last embarrassed? What happened?
I don’t know about “last time” but I DID once tell someone (I think on Goodreads) how much I loved The Hunger Games and Suzanne Collins.
Only I spelt her name “Susan Collins”.
I think the word “mortified” would fit well…since I sent the message and could not take it back. Least to say, I don’t think the person thought I was a fan at all.
Oh: and I sometimes I send Lydia pins on Pinterest when I mean to send them to Mime. That’s very embarrassing.
13. If you could only drink one beverage (besides water) for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Hot chocolate. We have a mutual love affair.
14. What’s your favourite movie?
ANYTHING BY MARVEL. Yes. I cheated. Deal with it.
15. What were you in highschool? (Prom queen, nerd, cheerleader, jock, band geek, valedictorian, loner, artist, prep, etc.?)
Firstly, I was not in school. (I grew up wild and free…well, homeschooled. And yes I did finish all my schoolwork before lunch.) Secondly, this is an American question! If I had gone to school, I would’ve been the loner.
16. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
Paris. Croissants and chocolate and coffee. Also, according to Every Movie Ever, all the apartments in Paris look out to the Eiffel Tower.
17. PC or Mac?
MAC. I’ve been a Mac girl for about 12 months now and it has been the most blissful, easy, non-crashing computer time of my life.
18. Last romantic gesture from a crush, date, boy/girlfriend, spouse?
19. Favourite celebrity?
Well that is hard since there are quite a few Avengers. Let’s stick with RDJ as Iron Man, shall we?
20. What blogger do you secretly want to be best friends with?
ALL OF YOU. This might seem like the cheater way to answer the question but I literally mean it. I have some super awesome friends I met through blogging I found my best-friend this way so OF COURSE I want to meet more of you!
I know it can be intimidating talking to bloggers, especially freaks like me. (I’m sorry. But in my defence I was born weird. It’s my parents’ fault, not mine.) But, basically, I do want to meet you (and possibly eat your cake) and be friends with you. Yes, you.
And also everyone else! If you do it, tweet it to me please <– see I have manners so I can “meet” you better! (My handle is @NotebookSisters.)