1. I didn’t start reading YA until I was 17. And it basically started with The Hunger Games. I can’t even remember why I picked it up at the library — but least to say I WAS ADDICTED. Then I, a pinterest newbie, found a list of “Books To Read If You Love The Hunger Games!” Lies, all lies. But it did lead me to Maggie Stiefvater. Speaking of which…
2. MY FAVOURITE AUTHOR OF ALL EVERS IS MAGGIE STIEFVATER. IF YOU DID NOT KNOW THIS, YOU HAVEN’T BEEN PAYING ATTENTION. I’ve collected 8 of her books in hardback and, oh gloriousness, it’s my most proudest collection. 5-stars to everything she writes. If she wrote about a lemon tree on a road trip to find a citrus assassin, I would read it.
3. To confirm the above fact, I invite you to look at the above picture on this post. Why see my face when you can see THE RAVEN BOYS. AFJDKSLA.
4. To return, briefly to The Hunger Games…I specifically asked for the boxset for Christmas last year so I could reread them before the last movie. I have not reread them because — I DON’T WANT TO BEND THE COVERS. #bookwormproblems But aren’t they so ridiculously beautiful?! And I will read them soon…
5. I feel slightly guilty about it but…I REALLY LOVE GAME OF THRONES. They’re very violent and graphic at times and nunnnngh there are things I hate. But at the same time, I’m awed by the world building. And also there is Jon Snow and his fabulous hair.
6. Despite letting out scaly roars about how much I love dragons…I have not read many dragon books. I’ve read maybe 3 or 4?? Recommendations = yes please.
7. I often read an entire book in one day. Not in one sitting though. HAHAHA what do you think I am?? A focused pineapple? I am an unfocused pineapple. The only thing I can focus on for hours and hours without twitching is writing.
8. I’m obsessed with bookish photography!! I’d love to learn more about my camera and lighting and just photoish stuff in general — but for now I am an inept flailing melon just having fun.
7. I didn’t grow up reading Harry Potter. I grew up on Narnia. FOR NARNIA! AND FOR ASLAN!
8. Which means I still had an entirely literarily magically childhood without Harry Potter thankyouverymuch. Although I’m enjoying the series now. As an ancient melon.
9. Okay, so I’m not THAT old. I’m only 21. But I feel old because I’ve read so many books. I’ve nearly read 300 this year, so that’s 300 lives…300 years…I’M OLD IN BOOKISH YEARS.
10. I wish I knew how many books I’d read in my life time! I’m determined to count one day. But I’ve reviewed 700 books in the last 4 years. And I’ve always been an avid reader…so I’m going to guess around 1,500???
11. I LOVE BOOKS A GARGANTUAN AMOUNT. I know! This is a given, but seriously, books give me this intensely tightly happy feeling. I like looking at them and arranging them and blogging about them. I am not good at being a happy bean, so the fact that books always make me happy is a delicious thing.
12. I love writing reviews! It’s never a chore! It’s one of my favourite parts of the reading process.
13. When a human says “hey I bought this book because of your recommendation”…I BASICALLY FREAK OUT WITH HAPPINESS. You trust me? Oh my gosh.
14. Once upon a time…my blog was mentioned in the back of Scarlet! YES. As in The Lunar Chronicles. Except it’s “Notebook Sisters” that got mentioned but still. I CLAIM FAME.
15. I do occasionally get sick of reading. I knooooow. Shockingly shameful, right? But to fix it, I usually go and write a book. This makes me a) appreciate other’s story telling more because omg why is mine such a mess, and b) just gives me a break. Breaks are good.
16. I’ve dropped a book in a mud puddle. Whilst trying to photograph it. I…I am mortified. Please let’s not talk about this.
17. Audiobooks are amazing. I wish I could read every single book of ever on an audiobook. But a) do you know how expensive they are?? sheesh, and b) not all books ARE audios, and c) it takes way longer and I am a fast bean so I probably would be frustrated eventually. BUT STILL!! I always remember audio books way longer than the physical books I gobble with my own puny eyeballs.
18. I’m really shy in-real-life and don’t connect with people well at all. BUT BOOKS MAKE SENSE. Books are my friends. Also the internet is my friend — yay for mutual bookworm internet friendships and flailing!!
19. Goodreads, though. GOODREADS IS EVERYTHING. I’m on there constantly writing millions of reviews. It is my favourite bookish website.
20. I have successfully helped my pre-schooling nephew and niece onto the road of eternal booknerdness. Library day is their favourite! My nephew was reading like a pro at only four years old. And my niece always panics she won’t have enough to read when we leave. She literally piles A BILLION picture books in the library bag when I’m not looking. I also have to carry them all. “I can’t carry the bag, Cait,” they whine, “I can only carry one book.” THIS IS THE STORY OF HOW I GOT MUSCLES.
21. For Christmas I would like a book deal. LISTEN UP, SANTA. Failing this, I would also like my
dog secretary to start pulling his weight and make me sandwiches and bring them to me without devouring them first.
22. My bookish weaknesses are as follows: blood, guts, and glory….also stories with siblings, delicious food descriptions, sassy dialogue, tormented darlings with horrible pasts but are still so sweet, suffocatingly beautiful writing, and anything with the words MAGGIE and STIEFVATER emblazoned on the cover.
23. When I’m a famous-published-real-live-author…I shall make my book into a cake. And then eat it. This is the pinnacle of my authorly ambitions.
24. I’m not ashamed of judging books by their covers!! I spend more time looking at books than I do reading them…so why shouldn’t I have shelves of pretty, shiny books?
25. Since I love shiny books so intensely, there is a 98.3% chance I am a book dragon. Or a magpie. But since dragons seem more majestic I’m going to go with DRAGON.
This is an impromptu tag from Rachel @ Confessions of a Book Geek! So basically, I want to tag EVERYONE to do it too because bookishly geeky facts are the best of ever basically. But I also specifically tag…
Shanti & Shar @ Weaving Waves Words // Midnight Rain Dragon @ Ivy Clad Ideas // Rachel & Bieke @ Istyria Book Blog // Lisa @ Pickle’s Pen and Trinkets // Mel @ The Daily Prophecy // Aentee @ Read At Midnight // Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight // Deborah @ The Road of a Writer // Erica @ Novel Ink // Josie @ Josie’s Book Corner // Rosie @ Rosie Reads // Emily @ Ink, Inc.
and YOU…don’t forget that!! also tag me on twitter (or here on my blog) so I can come read your post!