Since we have a few new faces around our blog, we thought it’d be nice to do a little…hi-to-you post. And maybe introduce ourselves a little. (Not too much, or we might scare you.)
So if you’ve just arrived to the crazydom of the Notebook Sisters, feel free to drop a comment and say hi. Then we can give an official “hay!” back (we’re really happy to have you here). If you have a blog, feel free to leave the link too.
a bit about mime
– I like salted pistachios.
– I hate telephones.
– I spend most of my life in the beanbag in Cait’s room. Yeah, I have my own room…but who cares about that?
– I play flute and piano.
– I finished my first ever book this year! It’s about WWI…who’d have thought? (I don’t even like modern history.)
– I’m doing Year 9, and I like science but hate maths (go figure).
– I’m a night owl! Cait doesn’t approve.
– I arrange music into duets, mostly musicals (like Oliver and The Sound of Music).
– I like movies with really complicated plots (like Inception, The Prestige, Sherlock Holmes…). I’m not so keen on chic-flicks or old movies.
– When I was little I tipped a honey jar on my head. On accident, okay?! (I hear it’s good for your hair though…)
– I attempt drawing portraits from photos (off pinterest…my family complains I spend too much time there, but they’re misinformed).
– I’m a really skeptical person. I see things very black-and-white.
– My favourite quote is: Life is short, eat dessert first.
a bit about the blog
– We like to quote things. Many things. Randomly.
– We write, read and eat YA novels. They’re tasty.
– Our book stacks always have incredible variety. We read things from Lemony Snicket’s Who Could That Be At This Hour? to What’s Left of Me by Kat Zhang to Gossamer by Lois Lowry.
– Occasionally we create things other then novels. (Like paper cranes or drawings or photographs.)
– We live in Australia and, believe it or not, we do have wallabies in our backyard.
– We blog about books, writing, and a bit of life-in-general.
– We’re sisters (which is pretty hard to figure out).
– And we’re never sarcastic.
a bit about cait
– I’m addicted to sultanas/raisins. Seriously, I eat them way too much.
– I hate telephones too!
– For the first time since I took up writing, I’m writing a stand-alone novel. It’s totally detached from my fantasy works (it’s dystopian!) and it involves robots and guns.
– Also, for the first time (ever), I’m not plotting this book. I’m finding it very…difficult…to just write whatever plot-twist pops into my imagination.
– I own a mockingjay necklace (insert geeky smile here).
– I haunt the library. A lot. The librarians recognise me now, and once they even noted with surprise when I wasn’t picking up a stack of reserves. (I don’t let that happen too often, though. I usually leave the library with a stack of very random books.)
– I play 3 instruments (piano, cello, and violin). Honestly, don’t ever try that. It’s way too confusing.
– I like to stand behind Mime’s bedroom door and scare her living daylights when she walks out.
– I also am very quick on my feet due to much practise of the above. (Let’s just say Mime plus fury equals Careers in the Arena.)
– Mime is also my best friend.
– I’m two words away from sending out my first query letter for my fantasy novel BLOOD. (What are the two words? “Dear [agent’s name]”.)
– I’m 19, I fold origami, I hate sewing, I like cooking if it involves chocolate, and I want to see Paris.
– I’m an introvert.