Not only is it Easter and nearly April Fools, it is also the season of hot cross buns.
Which arguably is the most important season we have. And if you’re sitting there going, “For goodness sakes cait the entire season is not for bread” then how does it feel to be so so wrong, hmm? Because it is so for bread.
I also can’t remember if Americans understand hot cross buns, so behold:
Usually the crosses are white but ours are homemade so my family did chocolate, because we are sensible. They’re basically a fruity bun with a cross (SURPRISE) and they’re delicious because bread is. Also ours are Gluten/Dairy Free and I did absolutely NOTHING TO HELP WITH THEM but I’m taking photos and sounding knowledgeable anyway. As is my duty.
But onto my monthly recap which I’m doing as an #AmCurrently post! And spreading wonder and fear and all that fun stuff in orderly sections! I also need YOU to get involved this time, so prepare for forms and polls. I am not here to make decisions. I’m raising you for that.
I JUST WANT TO LET YOU KNOW I HAVE LOTS OF GOOD BOOK-RELATED NEWS AND I CAN’T TELL YOU ANYTHING.
Which is so annoying of me, but I’m flailing!! Exciting things are coming!! Sometimes I just stare at this little paperback squish of an ARC on my shelf and get so ridiculously happy I eat a moon.
68 DAYS TO GO JUST SO WE’RE ALL KEEPING UP.
You can preorder via: Book Depository, Amazon, Booktopia, Hachette Australia, Hachette UK, Waterstones, Wordery! And just in case it’s annoying to see me talk about preorders so much (I’M SORRY) just know sales = more books from me in the future. I’m a very smol author so it’s important!!
- I saw the final cover and it is best. But don’t fret shh it’s basically the same as this except the back cover is awesome and the INSIDE is awesome and the butterfly going to be shiny/glittery.
- I’m dead. AH.
- I’m going to be signing things soon and I just realised I still haven’t figured out my signature so…
- oh no
- I did fall to That Thing Authors Should Never Do™ and that is I read some negative reviews…WHY. CAIT. After I finished crying everywhere, I am officially sworn off looking at reviews. (Unless they are super nice and someone sends them to me. Haha.)
- Also I’m doing an AMAZING collaboration with Alison @ Alison’s Wonderland Recipes because her cookbook and my book come out sooooo close together. It’s going to involve food. So be excite!
- If you haven’t requested an eARC from Netgalley UK you should do that.
- And also if you post a photo of ATPN on Instagram I’ll give you a shoutout!
- And pls come over here and hit me if I start to click on reviews again.
- I mean.
- Also I changed my Goodreads profile so my name isn’t Cait @ Paper Fury…it’s just CG Drews! This is SCARY so please eat a cake and take deep breaths. I miss my boots too. And yes I rated my book 5 stars, it was heckin’ hard to write.
HOW DO I HAVE THAT MANY FRIENDS??? I’m so strange tho.
There were also two book fairs going on (in Australia and the famous Bologna Book Fair) and ATPN was at both so…ahhh!
I am never going to get used to seeing it in the wild. HEART EYES.
APRIL 7th MARKS 2 MONTHS UNTIL MY DEBUT COMES OUT SO…HOW ABOUT A LITTLE Q&A.
I did an impromptu one on instagram last week and ohhhh um wow I got 150+ questions. So I’m going blog about it (you people are curious about meee; this warms my heart!) and if you want to add your burning questions in, GO FOR IT.
Ask me anything about my book or publishing or cake or if I am Batman or did my dog write my book really.
You can ask in the comments or I’ll put a little Google form here too! And then look out for this on April 7th!
I read 23 books this month…which is amazing for the person who’s supposed to be reading less. But what can I say.
These things happen.
Anyhow, I passed 50 books on my Goodreads challenge (!!) and also have read a SHEER TON of 4-star books. Someone award me for picking good books this year instead of being a total piece of salt like I usually am.
Thank you to Walker Books and Allen & Unwin for the review copies! And Everless and The Wren Hunt are from @fancifulbox, The Smoke Thieves is from @illumicrate and The Hazelwood and Heart Of Iron are from @Owlcrate!
And honestly I have read most of these already so like self-five me??? I’m not just adding immeasurably to the TBR wow.
FROM EDELWEISS OR AMAZON
If you hover / scroll over these they’ll flip to show my mini-review and star rating! Click to go to the full review!
Everything was GREAT or AWFUL this month haha. Who needs middle ground or any sort of chill? Apparently not me. Also so many good rereads! I swear I love rereads so much, my heart is just so full. (And the last of the Foxhole books was besssst.)
SO, WHAT HAVE I BEEN UP TO?
- My smol sister is visiting for Easter and we’re going to devour Season 2 of A Series of Unfortunate Events!! (Tell me if you watch it?!) I’m so excited and rereading the next few books in preparation.
- My laptop keyboard broke again so you can imagine how productive that made me in the writing realm. AKA = NAUGHT. I’m so devastated ughhhh.
- However I still managed to (a) do intense edits on a secret project and (b) after it got fixed I started editing a sequel I SHOULDN’T BE WRITING but whatever.
- So basically 2018 is shaping up to be The Year Of Rewrites.
- I have completely overhauled x 2 books and edited intensely x 1.
- My goal for April is to draft a new book. I just am going to see if I can write a book slowly, so not 30K a day. I’m super tired and have been unwell this year so let’s see if I can write how the mortals do.
Normal People: I should write more???
Me: but can I write slower tho.
- I can’t even with me either. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- Also I’m finally reading the Chaos Walking books. It only took me 4 YEARS SINCE I READ BOOK 1 TO BE OK ENOUGH TO READ BOOK 2.
- I’m pretty much stuck reading Iron Gold ah hahah (sobsob). It’s boring the heck out of me and this is so weird because the Red Rising books were 5 stars!?
- I’m also a little discouraged about my blog, I admit! Either everyone is on holidays or blogging is just falling into a deep deep hole, but I’m getting like 60% less engagement and I miss everyone. Where did u all go. I love you. Come back.
- (Also if you read my blog via phone/tablet and the formatting is awful, can you tell me?? I have no idea how to fix it, but I’m concerned it’s a problem!)
- But twitter has been WILD lately. I’m nearly up to 22K and holy heck I often get over 1K likes on a tweet????? This is surreal. I don’t know what to do with myself.
- So we’re all tweeting and not reading blogs I guess???
- Anyway AT LEAST I finished my background for my #bookstagram photos! This took me like 3 months but I obviously have no life.
- Also I put it on Society6 if you want to have it on a sticker or mug or something and then you can use it and know just how much I cried over it.
- Spoiler: it was a lot.
- Anyway! I’m going to go write a book and pinch myself because I love writing and shh, yes I complain, but I’m so so lucky to be doing this. AhHHHH!