Hello from your smol favourite author who has 0% chill with a book coming out in one week.
I have been waiting 7 years for this and I just????? I aM a liTTle ovERWhelmED. And everyone’s support has been just so freaking amazing, I actually discovered I have emotions and am now a damp piece of bread in thankfulness. I feel like I’ve brought you all along on this publishing journey full of plaintive shrieking, the occasional weeping, and and overabundance of memes. I’m just !!!! No really, my entire self is just !!!!!
I’M SO GLAD YOU’RE HERE WITH ME, SAMWISE.
Don’t forget I’m hosting a #bookstagram challenge from 1st to the 7th of June!
AKA please join in, don’t leave me in the cold darkness. I’ve never done this before so that’s fun. Also I’m giving away a signed/annotated copy of A Thousand Perfect Notes (open INT!) so what more could you want than my pithy commentary on my own book, hmm?!
I got to hold a finished copy of A Thousand Perfect Notes and I AM PLEASED.
Talk about a freaking dream come true. Get an umbrella. I’m going to cry on you. Although I only have one copy which is a little distressing but this is the life of living in Australia while being published in the UK! My author copies are who knows where, but I hope they’re having fun. (hURRY UP, POST OFFICE).
Also IN CASE YOU MISSED IT: I got to announce my second book, The Boy Who Steals Houses, coming April 2019!
It was a 2-book deal so this isn’t a surprise. But we had to get a move on with announcing it since there’s actually a sneak-peek in the back of ATPN! YES. You will read ATPN + half a chapter of my next book = your life will never be the same.
ONLY 8 DAYS TO GO TILL UK RELEASE DAY
You can preorder via: Book Depository, Amazon, Amazon USA, Booktopia, Hachette Australia, Hachette UK, Waterstones, Wordery! Also those who’ve preordered via Book Depository — they’re being shipped NOW. You might even have yours on release day on the 7th of June!
- Look I know it’s coming out in the UK and AUS, but if you live in America, go ask your local bookstore to order it in!! And it’s still available on most online retails so goooooo. I still love you, see.
- Also Australia release date is 12 of June. So wow. You all get to wait longer.
- This is a secret — but last month I said it was being translated into Polish and now there’s another translation coming (!!) I can’t give details but ATPN is going to frolic into 3 languages now and afjdkslad.
- I HELD A FINISHED COPY OF MY BOOK.
- I FEEL THIS IS NOTABLE.
- I’m currently madly typing up guest posts for blog tours and getting ready for some Twitter and Instagram takeovers with my publishers so that’s huge.
- I am extremely nervous. Haha. Hold me.
- I’ve had some extremely incredible reviews come in that make my heart so full.
- Like I wrote a book and people actually like it. Hooooold me.
- So if you want to go give some love to Chiara’s review, Bee’s review, and Autumn’s review!!
- I know I seem like a big blogger so everything must automatically be 100% successful for me — BUT that is not so true without your continued looooove and support. So every preorder, every review, every time you squeak about ATPN online or to friends, actually makes a life’s worth of difference for me to have more books in the future + have this as my career!
- I appreciate it. I do so so much.
- Anyway I’m excited.
- and exhausted
- how are you.
Everyone’s having SO MUCH FUN with my book. It’s lovely.
There’s a lot of typos here unfortunately and they mean to say “I LOVE YOU” ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Love you toooo!!
My TBR has next to know chill and am I keeping up??? Oh what a funny funny joke.
My goal for this year was to read 18 books per month which is a LOT but also not as much as I read last year. And I swear I’m not even getting as many books from publishers so like??? What is going on. I am monstrously behind. I actually read 1 book all week because I was editing. And this emoji-thing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ HAS BECOME A SUMMARY OF MY ENTIRE LIFE I CAN’T STOP USING IT PLEASE SEND HELP.
Thank you to Walker Books, Allen & Unwin, Flatiron Books, and Owlcrate!
The photos on the right are the ones I’ve won and bought! And FINALLY a bunch of my preorders showed up so #yas.
FROM EDELWEISS OR AMAZON OR LIBRARY!
This was so so good. I mean. It was funny and exciting and the pacing was PERFECT (which is saying something for me because I always get bored watching movies?!) Thor is a Hufflepuff. Fite me. And Loki is a darling. And Taika Waititi should direct every Marvel movie ever thank you.
I also have NOT seen Infinity War and I am 100% spoiled now tHANKS INTERNET and all the people who think 2 days is long enough before telling everyone everything. (Although I’m less caring about spoilers these days because … ready for it… ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ WHATEVER.)
So I took about 2 years off watching this and legit couldn’t remember where I was up to. I stopped because (1) MY FAV WAS ABOUT TO DIE and (2) the show has now outpaced the books and this makes me quite annoyed.
Anyway, S5 was good …but I’ve since started S6 and it’s being frikkin amazing so far. I so rarely watch things (I feel guilty if I’m not working okay?!) that this is a nice creative-tank refill, it’s also so bloody I can’t even, and I’m actually invested but also know everyone is going to die so not that attached. Also been pithy in my Instagram stories so here you go:
Click on them to make them bigger!
- The fact that I actually have tWO BOOKS coming out.
- I can’t actually believe it (!!!!) Hard work and black magic pays off oh wow, everyone, 10/10 recommend.
- I blogged a pitiful amount this month because I was deep in edits. And by “deep” I mean I was just laying around screaming but ok. This is the process.
- I made cheesecake for my mum’s work function and you better believe some of it went “missing” and “oh no” and “that is so unforeseen and such a shame”.
- Signed a copy of ATPN for my friend and that was stressful. I nearly forgot my name. I DEFACED A BOOK. Shout out to authors all over the world who handle signing with such ease and grace. I nearly wrote “help” and left it at that.
- 2 of my sisters suggested to me (on the SAME DAY) that I give them a copy of my book.
- Like I don’t see what the point of having 5 siblings is if they’re not all going to buy a copy of my book. Or 10 copies, at least. I haven’t put up with them for 24 years to be subjected to this nonsense now.
- I also made some Society6 designs for A Thousand Perfect Notes. Because I’m my biggest fan, what can I say. You can get them here and here!
- There are so many new releases I should have read by now but I HAVE NOT. RIP me while my TBR beats me up in a back alley. I need to read Allied, Legendary, The Smoke Thieves, Thunderhead, Mirage and All Of This Is True…like yesterday. Hahaha. Oh no.
- I also reached 24,000 followers on twitter and and 42,000 on instagram so look at me this month. I am AFLAME.
- No really. I am. Please someone put me out I am so stressed ah ahah hahaahaha.
- I had so so many wounded middle-aged white men upset over this tweet.
- *drinks tears*
- Also just a little not-shouty-but-a-little-shouty update…Don’t tag me in negative reviews!! I am totally aware not everyone will like my book but your reviews are for YOUR READERS. Not me! I have anxiety and do not need to read negative reviews! But totally tag me if you’re freaking out with love for my genius. I am just sayin’. (Oh my halo is slipping.)
- My dog is currently eating and playing with my socks. While they’re still on me. So I should probably finish this post now before I lose a foot.
The second picture of Atticus was a video but I can’t upload it! But he had his paw on my laptop and wouldn’t take it off until I petted him. DEVIOUS.