Oh WOW look at that! Only 2 months left of the year and I need to squeeze about 23 years worth of books in!
HOW DID THIS HAPPEN.
Nothing motivates me to actually do things like it being November and me recalling a list of goals I made in January and how I’ve done 4% of them. Umm my bad. I got so industrious this month though that I wrote a pre-NaNo draft (which turned out about as well as a pile of crumbled bricks) and hit 180 for my Goodreads challenge!
I need !! to do !! so much before 2019 !!! how have I done nothing !!! ahhhhh
I’m also currently away from home right now!
I’m visiting my sister (which involves 1 plane flight to see 4 nieces and nephews and devour 2 shelves of library books in delirious delight). But this means I won’t have any photos of my book haul which is SAD. But we live on.
And YES my blog’s email subscription is still broken.
That puddle of weeping tears? It me. I’ve transferred sending emails manually via mailchimp — so if you haven’t been receiving them this last week, it’s a good idea to resubscribe! Just scroll to the far far end of this post and you’ll see this:
Anyway, I can’t even. I don’t know how to bloggggg.
But you should be fine if you’re subscribed via bloglovin or asking magical pigeons to bring you bound scrolls of my thrice weekly blog updates. Technology fails us. Pigeons do not.
Now is my (shameless) moment to mention that you can nominate A Thousand Perfect Notes for the Goodreads awards if you want!
You have to add it manually because obviously it isn’t famous and I am very unknown lmao. BUT I HAVE SLYTHERIN DREAMS! I CAN WISH! And yes shhh I nominated it myself. Even though bestsellers are what win these, but oh well!
I actually confess I’m a bit nervous because it’s That Time Of Year™ when “best books of the year” blog posts start coming up and Book Shimmy Awards are announced and gahhhhh. I know ATPN has done marvellously for being a little debut and your support has been extraordinary ( !! omg I love you all !!). But I’m still aware it’s small and didn’t explode the world, but rather slipped in to tell a quiet tale. And I do love it for that. But I can’t help but be a little anxious?! So definitely trying not to think about it! The day I learn to be a chill author and let whatever happens just happen will be a good day.
✧ I’m sooo excited to say that A Thousand Perfect Notes is being translated into both Czech and Slovak!! Not sure of the release date yet, but probably next year! (It’s also going to be in Romanian and Polish!!!!!!)
✧ Never going to get over how surreal translation deals are?! AHHHHHH.
✧ I still don’t have news of a cover for The Boy Who Steals Houses, sorrrrry.
✧ But ARCs are mostly likely coming in December. Keep your eyes peeled.
✧ People continue to post stunning photos of it on #bookstagram and my life is made.
✧ Never underestimate what a simple sentence review, a quick word-of-mouth recommendation to a friend, a photo, or a tiny message of flails can impact an author. MY COLD HEART THRIVES AND I AM SO ENCOURAGED BY YOU ALL.
On bookstagram under #AThousandPerfectNotes!
I hit 180 books this month so only 20 more until I finish my reading goal!!
I also reread 6 books this month…which is probably why my TBR pile has drawn a knife at me and shrieked. But you know how comforting rereads are?! Also I want to enjoy my favourites multiple times so HERE I AM. The wild life.
Now reminder…I am away and can barely remember for the life of me what is new to my shelves.
But good news is, while I’m visiting my sister — I get to use her library!! I am so hungry for libraries since the town I live in has, um, nothing. (I donated a stack to them to try and help their pitiful shelves. But that’s still not helpful for me.) So I’m reading so much right now and it makes my soul happy.
I’M SO FREAKING EXCITED FOR THIS LOT!!!!
FLIP TO SEE MINI REVIEWS!
so what’s been happening in my life?
- HEY SO IT’S NANOWRIMO!!!! Which always excites me a lot. Although unfortunately this year (since I’m staying at my sister’s) I won’t start till the 20th. And yes I won NaNo in 2 days last year (shh) but I’ve been writing a lot slower this year. But I have to join in still, even if I’m cutting it fine, because it’s my 5th year and I CAN’T MISS THIS.
- Dammit, NaNo, keeping a good streak is too fun.
- Hopefully I’ll be doing a Stranger Things x Jumunji story called The Misery Rules. Here’s my Pinterest board. And buddy me on NaNoWrimo.com if you want!
- But I wish everyone who is doing it now the best of best luck. (And desperately want to hear about your projects!)
- I also wrote a pre-NaNo draft in October. Because I’m awful. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It was a contemporary genderbent Secret Garden retelling. I got to 75,000 words in 12 days and totally smooshed the ending because I know the whole thing needs a complete overhaul. LE SIGH.
- First drafts are like eating rocks, I swear.
- I’ve started plotting a monstery middle-grade novel though…I’m tentatively excited for this. (I’ve never done MG properly before!?) It’s about the monsters under your bed! Because OF COURSE IT’S DARK. I can’t help myself.
- Also Finn and I hosted a bookstagram Stiefvater challenge in October and #FinnFury was SO FUN and we consider it a marvellous success! Thanks to everyone who joined in!! We got over 1,800 posts! AHH.
- Staying at my sister’s is always BEST. I have 4 nieces and nephews here and they climb all over me and the smallest bites and eats chocolate cake off the floor. But they’re cute at least.
- This conversation happened:
- I MEAN, SHE HAS A POINT.
- And I also thoroughly maintain my 9month nephew looks like Sunny Baudelaire. Proof? I’ll give you proof.
- He bites me SO MUCH so it must be true.
- Anyway we have done much baking (there have been two birthdays so far so LOTS OF CAKE) and been op-shopping and library-going and made cake pops that are RUSTIC…not mauled. Although double-dipping happened and the floor was so covered in sprinkles it was like crunching through beach sand. Nice.
- Also my aesthetic cup of coffee in picture below is actually…hot chocolate. Because I am a child and coffee is a LIE. It smells good and tastes less interesting. (Also makes me sleepy!? So what’s the point!) But look at me taking real instagrammer photos aw.
- I’m definitely still blogging and trying to keep up with visiting blogs + answering all your comments!! And hopefully the email issue’s temporary fix will help to.
- THE BLOG SHALL NOT DESTROY ME. I SHALL PREVAIL.
- Now excuse me…I have soft books to read and monster stories to plan.