We warned you we were plotting devious and frabjous things, didn’t we? Well, it’s time to reveal…
Next week (1st of July to the 7th) we are having a Crit&Ed party!
what in kuzcotopia does “crit&ed” mean?
It is a phrase which Cait made up two minutes ago. Okay, seriously now! (Though the first part is true.) It stands for “Critiquing & Editing”.
i don’t see how this is a party.
Wait! I will explain. Too much. I will sum up.
First, two things: it is school holidays for Mime, and Cait wants to do something new and different. Therefore we brainstormed and came up with holding a one week party for all of us who write. (Apologies to our non-writerly blogglings. We love you! And we’ll be back to our regular insanity next after our weird-and-wonderful crit&ed week.)
For the first week in July, we’re going to blog about editing and critiquing, have a giveaway, and help each other practise our critiquing skills!
exactly what’s going to happen?
I’ll make a list. (I like lists.)
There will be…
– Posts about critiquing and editing.
– We’ll giveaway two 10,000 word critiques
– We’ll show you how we edit our work (including different styles of editing)
– And (hopefully) some of you will volunteer as tributes to have 250 words of your writing critiqued on the blog by us!
wait? you’re taking tributes?!
Yes! We would love 4 to 6 volunteers to send in 250 words of their writing and we’ll critique it and post it on our blog! Scary? I THINK YES. But think of it this way: you get a free critique, we’ll be super nice and as helpful as possible, (people get to see your awesome writing) and hopefully we can all learn something along the way!
Below (yes, scroll, scroll) there is a Google form! If you’re interested in
volunteering as tribute having 250 words of your manuscript posted on our blog, fill it out! We have no idea if this is a terrifying idea or an exciting one (Cait is excited, if that’s any help) so if hundreds and billions of you volunteer, we’ll only be able to take up to 6.
– Make sure it’s the FIRST 250 words.
– It can be a manuscript (finished or not), short story, article, or Christmas wish-list! (Yeah, that would be kind of weird to critique, but we like to be flexible and helpful.)
– Be aware it WILL be posted on our blog.
– We will be SUPER nice. The object is to help and encourage you, not be nasty.
– Also, please note, we are not professionals in this area. Our advice should be taken with
a grain a truckload of salt.
UPDATE: Form has been closed because we have enough tributes! Thank you SO much everyone!
Woot! It’s party time again!!