We have something deliciously special and different for you this month, writerlings!
Welcome to Beautiful Books!
Around this time each year, Sky and I pause our Beautiful People writers linkup and switch gears to Beautiful Books — where we talk about our NaNoWriMo projects. Not doing NaNo?! NEVER FEAR. These questions fit with whatever manuscript you’re working on.
(And yes we are a bit late this month, since we usually post on the 5th, but better late than never, right?!)
Don’t forget to grab the button and/or link to this page on your blog! So anyone can join in!
- How did you come up with the idea for your novel, and how long have you had the idea?
- Why are you excited to write this novel?
- What is your novel about, and what is the title?
- Sum up your characters in one word each. (Feel free to add pictures!)
- Which character(s) do you think will be your favourite to write? Tell us about them!
- What is your protagonist’s goal, and what stands in the way?
- Where is your novel set? (Show us pictures if you have them!)
- What is the most important relationship your character has?
- How does your protagonist change by the end of the novel?
- What themes are in your book? How do you want your readers to feel when the story is over?
- BONUS! Tell us your 3 best pieces of advice for others trying to write a book in a month.
If you have trouble with the button, just save it as a file, then upload it to your blog, and add a link to my blog manually (like you would link text).