It’s the fun time of year again when we all dissolve into screaming about NaNoWriMo.
In case you are very lost or confused (hi, me too for most things in life) let’s just talk about what National Novel Writing Month is. Also save yourself from me and google it. BUT ANYWAY —> It is a worldwide challenge for writers to hammer out 50,000 words in a month. You sign up on the official NaNoWriMo.org site and log your word count daily. You also get to be comforted by the fact that literally thousands of other authors are crying with you right now too.
JUST KIDDING. IT’S VERY FUN. It’s motivating! It’s challenging! And afterwards you get a vaguely book-shaped blob that might make you famous.
Now it’s time to tell us about your upcoming project. I very much look forward to hearing about your dastardly plans.
Just like every year, we’re giving our monthly link up “Beautiful People” a small rest so we can focus on “Beautiful Books”. Sky and I host Beautiful Books so we can focus on our NaNoWriMo projects. The format is the same as Beautiful People. We’ll post 10 questions to answer about your WiP — aka your beautiful book. Answer the questions in a blog post of your own and then come back here to link up! Don’t forget to grab the blog button and link to this post.
NOTE: You can do it for ANY novel! You do not need to be doing NaNo to join in!!
DON’T FORGET TO TAKE THE BUTTON!
Or link to this page so anyone can join in!
- What inspired the idea for your novel, and how long have you had the idea?
- Describe what your novel is about!
- What is your book’s aesthetic? Use words or photos or whatever you like!
- Introduce us to each of your characters!
- How do you prepare to write? (Outline, research, stocking up on chocolate, howling, etc.?)
- What are you most looking forward to about this novel?
- List 3 things about your novel’s setting.
- What’s your character’s goal and who (or what) stands in the way?
- How does your protagonist change by the end of the novel?
- What are your book’s themes? How do you want readers to feel when the story is over?
raise your hand if you’re doing NaNo!! and if you have any clue what you’re writing yet!! or are you choosing between projects?? feel free to satisfy my curiosity by giving me a vague idea of your genius.
Also feel free to add me as a buddy on the NaNo site! I’ll add you back.