It’s time for the LAST round of Beautiful Books (and then we’ll return to the monthly Beautiful People linkup in January) so WEEP and CHEER, blogglings. And let’s get to it!
Welcome to Beautiful Books #3: The Editing Process
Around this time each year, Sky and I pause our Beautiful People writers linkup and switch gears to Beautiful Books — where we talk about our NaNoWriMo projects. Not doing NaNo?! NEVER FEAR. These questions fit with whatever manuscript you’re working on. And you can do this any time during the entire month of December for any project!NaNoWriMo is a writing event where you write a 50,000 word novel in a month. But you can do it for ANY novel if you’re not a NaNo participant.[/accordion][accordion id=”two” title=”HOW DOES IT WORK?” open=”false” ]The format is the same as Beautiful People (see what that’s all about here). Each month, we’ll be posting 10 questions to answer about your WiP — aka your beautiful book. Answer the questions in a blog post of your own and then come back here to link up! Don’t forget to grab the blog button and link to this post.[/accordion][accordion id=”three” title=”PREVIOUS BEAUTIFUL BOOK POSTS” open=”false” ]Last year we had three editions about writing, plotting and editing.This year will be a little different, so if you want to steal those older questions too, go for it![/accordion][/accordion_wrap]
Don’t forget to grab the button and/or link to this page on your blog. So anyone can join in!
- On a scale of 1 (worst) to 10 (best), how did the book turn out? Did anything defy your expectations?
- Comparative title time: what published books, movies, or TV shows are like your book? (Ex: Inkheart meets X-Men.)
- Do you enjoy working with deadlines and pressure (aka NaNoWriMo)? Or do you prefer to write-as-you’re-inspired?
- How do you go about editing? Give us an insight into your editing process.
- What aspect of your story needs the most work?
- What aspect of your story did you love the most?
- Give us a brief run down on your main characters and how you think they turned out. Do you think they’ll need changes in edits?
- What are your plans for this novel once you finish editing? More edits? Finding beta readers? Querying? Self-publishing? Hiding it in a dark hole forever?
- Share a favourite snippet!
- What are your writing goals and plans for 2016?
If you have trouble with the button, just save it as a file, then upload it to your blog, and add a link to my blog manually (like you would link text).