Welcome to our fabulous February edition of Beautiful People!
And of course we’re going with a Valentine’s Day theme. Writers often have an affinity for shipping, don’t they?! So captains, gather thine ships* and let us sail this ocean blue!
* In case you didn’t know: “shipping” is a term that means “to root for two characters to get together”. Because relationship. GET IT? Yes. Now we are clear, let’s proceed.
Also thank you to everyone who joined in the January edition! We had 82 (!!) linkers which is pretty freaking fantastic.[accordion_wrap][accordion id=”one” title=”CLICK TO READ WHAT BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE IS ABOUT” open=”false”]If you’re new here (greetings, mortal) this is a linkup hosted by Sky @ Further Up and Further In and me! It’s aimed at writers so they can answer the questions about their characters and their books. It’s designed to help you get to know your book better! (And also give your followers a sneak peek of your works-in-progresses.)
The linkup is open all month. Just a) grab the questions, b) answer them on your own blog, c) either link to our blogs or take the official button, and d) linkup below!
You can check out the official page (FAQs and examples and archive of previous lists) if you wish [/accordion][accordion id=”two” title=”FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS” open=”false” ]What is Beautiful People? Beautiful People is for writers. Every month, we post a list of 10 questions for you to answer about your characters (or your novels). It’s designed to help you get to know your characters – their quirks, their personality, their flaws, and who they are.
Can I join Beautiful People anytime? Absolutely. It’s designed so you can jump in whenever new questions are posted. They’ll be posted at the beginning of the month, but you can join in at aaaany time.
Can I submit questions to Beautiful People? Yes! In fact, we encourage it. If you’d like to submit questions, you have two choices. Either leave a comment on Paper Fury or Further Up and Further In, or send us emails. Whichever way you choose, we’ll attempt to use your questions.
When is it? The meme is live on the 5th of every month! You can join in at any time during the month, just add your post-url to the linky. And don’t forget we’d love you to share the comment-love and visit some fellow linkers.[/accordion]
Don’t forget to grab the button and/or link to this page on your blog! So anyone can join in!
- How did they first meet?
- What were their first impressions of each other?
- How long have they been a couple?
- How committed/loyal are they to each other? Would they break up over a secret or a disagreement? Could stress drive them apart? Would they die for each other?
- List 5 “food quirks” they know about each other. (Ex: how they take their coffee, if they’re allergic to something, etc….and feel free to mention other non-food quirks!)
- Does anyone disapprove of their relationship?
- What would be an ideal date?
- What are their personality dynamics? Similar? Contrasting? Do they fight a lot or mesh perfectly?
- What have been their best and worst moments together as a couple?
- Where do they see themselves and their relationship in the next few years?