Greetings to the pineapplish writers of the universe!
It is your favourite time of the month again — I KNOW. Beautiful People! After our last batch of themed questions (Resolutions in January and Valentine’s Day couples in February) we’re just having a good ol’ traditional version this March — 10 deliciously varied questions designed to help you get to know your characters better!
To all those who are gearing up to participate in Camp NaNoWriMo in April…we definitely want to hear about your upcoming projects!
[accordion_wrap][accordion id=”one” title=”CLICK TO READ WHAT BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE IS ABOUT” open=”false”]If you’re new here (greetings, mortal) this is a linkup hosted by Sky @ Further Up and Further In and me! It’s aimed at writers so they can answer the questions about their characters and their books. It’s designed to help you get to know your book better! (And also give your followers a sneak peek of your works-in-progresses.)
The linkup is open all month. Just a) grab the questions, b) answer them on your own blog, c) either link to our blogs or take the official button, and d) linkup below!
You can check out the official page (FAQs and examples and archive of previous lists) if you wish [/accordion][accordion id=”two” title=”FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS” open=”false” ]What is Beautiful People? Beautiful People is for writers. Every month, we post a list of 10 questions for you to answer about your characters (or your novels). It’s designed to help you get to know your characters – their quirks, their personality, their flaws, and who they are.
Can I join Beautiful People anytime? Absolutely. It’s designed so you can jump in whenever new questions are posted. They’ll be posted at the beginning of the month, but you can join in at aaaany time.
Can I submit questions to Beautiful People? Yes! In fact, we encourage it. If you’d like to submit questions, you have two choices. Either leave a comment on Paper Fury or Further Up and Further In, or send us emails. Whichever way you choose, we’ll attempt to use your questions.
When is it? The meme is live around the 5th of every month! You can join in at any time during the month, just add your post-url to the linky. And don’t forget we’d love you to share the comment-love and visit some fellow linkers.[/accordion]
Don’t forget to grab the button and/or link to this page on your blog! So anyone can join in!
- What first inspired this character? Is there a person/actor you based them off?
- Describe their daily routine.
- If they joined your local high school, what clique would they fit into?
- Write a list of things they merely tolerate. Ex: certain people, foods, circumstances in their lives…
- How do they react in awkward silences?
- Can they swim? If so, how did they learn?
- What is one major event that helped shape who they are?
- What things do they value most in life?
- Do they believe in giving other people second chances? Do they have any trust issues?
- Your character is having a rough day…what things do they do to make them happy again? Is there anyone they talk/interact with to get in a better mood?