Hello writer creature of the darkness…can you believe it’s MAY ALREADY?!???
Now is a stunningly good time to panic and realise the year is nearly half over and we must write ALL THE WORDS. Or cry over all the words!! Either way!!! WORDS.
Also apologies for the unexpected Beautiful People hiatus last month. But we’re baaaaack. This time with a parent-themed edition in honour of Mother’s Day. Although, if your character doesn’t have parents, feel free to use the questions for a parental-like figure, caretaker, or guardian. OR! You can also snoop our archives and use one of the old sets of questions. Go wild, fiends.
Beautiful People is a writing blog meme which I co-host with the marvellous Sky @ Further Up and Further. We post questions at the beginning of each month (generally around the 5th) that you can answer on your own blogs! It’s designed (A) to help you get to know your characters better, and (B) share with us about your writing projects!
OH! And the linkup is open all month. And check out our FAQ page for more details and to see the archives.
DON’T FORGET TO TAKE THE BUTTON!
Or link to this page so anyone can join in!
- Overall, how good is their relationship with their parents?
- Do they know both their biological parents? If not, how do they cope with this loss/absence and how has it affected their life?
- How did their parents meet?
- How would they feel if they were told “you’re turning out like your parent(s)”?
- What were your character’s parents doing when they were your character’s age?
- Is there something they adamantly disagree on?
- What did the parent(s) find hardest about raising your character?
- What’s their most vivid memory with their parental figure(s)?
- What was your character like as a baby/toddler?
- Why and how did the parents choose your character’s name?