It’s that fun time of month where we all turn into werewolves and howl at the moon!
Wait, I mean…oh dear…um…messed up my notecards. Excuse me. Let’s try again? It’s that FUN time of the month where we talk about WRITING!!!
Which is literally the same as the first sentence anyway, really. Writing = lots of howling, lots of midnights, lots of eating annoying people because they tried to read our manuscript over our shoulder. #Rude
But moving forward, welcome to the August edition of Beautiful People, our linkup for writers! If you’ve never joined in before, THERE ARE NO RULES!! Haha, just kidding. There are rules which basically include (a) link back to this post, (b) include the blog button somewhere in your post, and (c) consider life as a werewolf. Anyway, more guidelines below. But we would love to have you, so please don’t be shy.
Also CONGRATS to you if you did Camp NaNo!
I did and it went wonderfully and I hit my target of 110,000-words and I also ate brownie a lot but avoided mentioning it in my book on every 3rd page. I seriously am proud of myself.
Beautiful People is a writing blog meme which I co-host with the marvellous Sky @ Further Up and Further. We post questions at the beginning of each month (generally around the 5th) that you can answer on your own blogs! It’s designed (A) to help you get to know your characters better, and (B) share with us about your writing projects!
OH! And the linkup is open all month. And check out our FAQ page for more details and to see the archives.
DON’T FORGET TO TAKE THE BUTTON!
Or link to this page so anyone can join in!
- What are they addicted to/can’t live without?
- Name 3 positive and 3 negative qualities about your character.
- Are they holding onto something they should get rid of?
- If 10 is completely organized and 1 is completely messy, where do they fall on the scale?
- What most frustrates them about the world they live in?
- How would they dress for a night out? How would they dress for a night in?
- How many shoes do they own, and what kind?
- Do they have any pets? What pet do they WISH they had?
- Is there something or someone that they resent? Why and what happened?
- What’s usually in their fridge or pantry?