Since Valentine’s Day is nearly upon the us, it’s time to talk about your character couples!
Which is either a really exciting topic because you love creating characters who are hopelessly in love with each other OR it’s a terrifying topic because the two characters you have who are meant to be in love are constantly stabbing each other and it’s just awkward. *
Either way, it’s time to get to know your OTPs ** better! And feel some mushy things about looooooove.
Don’t forget to take this chance to check out some of the other writers’ posts in the link up and make some new writing buddies! We writers do like to stick together. Insanity is, after all, best shared with a crowd.
* What??? Surely that’s just not the difficulties I face while writing romance?
** This stands for “One True Pairing” and just basically means two people you really really really think should kiss and live happily ever after. Or happily ever until Tuesday or something because let’s face it: a little bit o’ danger and murder and mayhem makes a much more fun story.
Beautiful People is a writing blog meme which I co-host with the marvellous Sky @ Further Up and Further. We post questions at the beginning of each month (generally around the 5th) that you can answer on your own blogs! It’s designed (A) to help you get to know your characters better, and (B) share with us about your writing projects!
The linkup is open all month. And check out our FAQ page for more details and to see the archives.
DON’T FORGET TO TAKE THE BUTTON!
Or link to this page so anyone can join in!
- How and why did they meet?
- What were their first impressions of each other?
- How would they prove their love for each other?
- What would be an ideal date?
- Is there something they emphatically disagree on?
- List 5 “food quirks” they know about each other. (Ex: how they take their coffee, if they’re allergic to something, etc….and feel free to mention other non-food quirks!)
- What’s one thing they know about each other that no one else does?
- What’s one thing that they keep a secret from each other?
- How would their lives be different without each other?
- Where do they each see this relationship going?