I’ve read and written a loooot of books this year. And I’m desperate to recap them. Brilliance struck me (violently, as it does sometimes) and I’m turning it into a linkup!
There’s nothing like a Christmassy linkup to fill the bookworms’ and writers’ souls with inky happiness, right?
Buuut, to make it even more brilliant, we’re having a giveaway! A very Merry Christmas giveaway. Enter below!
how to join in?
1. Grab the Book and Writing Insanity button above! (Or link to our blog, notebooksisters.com, somewhere in your post.)
2. Pick a set of questions. We have TWO sets. One for writers. One for readers. (Psst! You can do both if you so wish it.)
3. Copy the 20 questions below. You can use all of them or just pick out a few!
4. Add your link to our marvellous linky widget below. It’ll be open all of December.
5. Visit AT LEAST the blog linked up in front of you. (The point of linkups is to meet new bloggy friends and squeak over books/writing together. Plus who doesn’t like comments? Share the love!)
6. WE LOVE BOOKS!!! (Okay, that isn’t really helpful, but who cares?)
for the bookworms…
(Remember: Answer these out of the books you read this year!)
1. What was your overall favourite book this year? (Yes. Pick one.)
2. Favourite debut(s)? (Author must have been first published in 2013.)
3. Which books did you reread this year?
4. Favourite cover(s) this year!
5. Worst cover(s)?
6. What self-published books did you read this year?
7. Which book(s) gave you a massive hangover?
8. Best standalone you read?
9. Biggest book(s) you’ve read this year?
10. Book(s) you followed the hype for and then loved!
11. Most disappointing book(s) you read this year?
12. Favourite leading-female character?
13. Favourite leading-male character?
14. Best romance(s)?
15. What book(s) hit the DNF list? (Did not finish.)
16. What book(s) did you read out of your comfort-zone?
17. Which author did you read the most from?
18. Top 5 books you’d recommend from all the books you’ve read this year?
19. How many books did you read this year all up?
20. What’s a book you’re hugely excited for coming out in 2014?!
for the writers…
(Remember: Answer these questions out of what you’ve written this year!)
1. How many books did you write this year? (Estimate your overall wordcount for us too!)
2. Which was your favourite to write?
3. Which was the hardest to write?
4. Tell us about you favourite Male Character you wrote this year!
5. And how about your favourite Female Character?
6. Can you introduce us to some awesome sidekick(s)?
7. Any romances in your writing? Which couple didn’t go together as expected?
8. What’s your favourite Pinterest Board for one of your books? Can we see some pics for the book they inspire?
9. What challenges did you compete in this year? (NaNos? Personal goals? Challenges run by other blogs?) And how did you go?
10. Show us the full cast in pictures from one of your books.
11. Epic quote(s) you wrote?
12. Last word from your manuscript(s)! Go!
13. First sentences from your manuscript(s)!
14. Show us your favourite funny scene!
15. Show us a snippet of dialogue you’re proud of.
16. Tell us about some funny typos or writer-bloopers you’ve had this year!
17. What has writing taught you about yourself this year?
18. Best piece of writing advice you learnt this year?
19. Anything big on the horizons for next year? Plans to query? Publish? Edit?
20. Tell us a bit about a book you’re super excited to write in 2014!
and now for the giveaway!
You don’t have to do the linkups to enter the giveaway (though it’ll give you more points). Enter! Merry Christmas! And may the odds be ever in your favour!
– ONE winner will pick from 4 books (The Revised Life of Ellie Sweet, OR Unbreathable, OR Steel Lily OR Click to Subscribe.)
– Open Internationally
– Prizes will be e-books from Amazon
– Winners must respond within 48 hours.