Do you what’s beautiful in this life? Books…but particularly THIS 10th anniversary edition of City of Bones.
I mean I wasn’t going to call you beautiful, haha HAH HAHAHAHAHA. No, the answer is always books. I mean, please just look at it. We’re all dying here of the levels of aesthetic beauty.
So today I’m about to slay your socks because I’m giving away 5 x copies of this gorgeous edition! But before I do (unless you’ve cheated and just scrolled to the end, which is fair but also: get your eyes back up here, son) I’m going to do the Shadowhunter Tag. Because I FREAKING LOVE THIS SERIES. Cassandra Clare is in my Top 3 Favourite Authors so that let’s you know how much I have love here.
THANK YOU WALKER BOOKS AUSTRALIA FOR THE REVIEW COPY!
The tenth anniversary of Cassandra Clare’s phenomenal City of Bones demands a luxe new edition. The pride of any fan’s collection, City of Bones now has new cover art, over thirty interior illustrations, and six new full-page colour portraits of everyone’s favourite characters! This beautifully crafted collector’s item also includes a new piece written by Cassandra Clare. A perfect gift for the Shadowhunter fan in your life. This is the book where Clary Fray first discovered the Shadowhunters, a secret cadre of warriors dedicated to driving demons out of our world and back to their own. The book where she first met Jace Wayland, the best Shadowhunter of his generation. The book that started it all.
- Beautiful and highly collectable anniversary edition containing a new piece from Cassandra Clare – a must-have.
- The Shadowhunter world has captivated 40 million readers worldwide. Rights have been sold in over 30 countries and the books have made bestseller lists all over the world.
1. WHO IS YOUR FAVOURITE CHARACTER?
This question is actually killing me AND IT’S THE FIRST ONE. Who the heck decided to do this tag? They’re fired. *
I’m going to have to make a little list.
- Jace: the levels of sass. I mean, the dude could be dying and he would probably still snark about it which is amazing.
- Isabelle: She’s so BADASS and also super feminine, and do you know how rare that is in YA??!? Isabelle is a pure inspiration and I adore her.
- Ty Blackthorn: I know he doesn’t come in till Lady Midnight (or, well, he’s first mentioned in City of Heavenly Fire) but he’s REALLY special to me because he’s the first epic badass autistic character I’ve read in fantasy. #Relate **
- Mark Blackthorn: I cannot EVEN with how much I love him. He is smol and feral and precious and FAERIE. THERE IS NONE I LOVE AS MUCH AS MARK.
- Magnus Bane: Because he is made of GLITTER and is so precious to this world.
- Simon: He actually puts up with a whole lot of nonsense from the Shadowhunters, ok? The guy deserves a break. He is also a dork and I love him.
* Ha haha haha …. oh wait. It’s me.
** I’m TRYING to just focus on The Mortal Instruments series though so I won’t mention the Blackthorns all over the place EVEN THOUGH I LOVE THEM TO DEATH.
2. WHO IS YOUR OTP?
It’s absolutely a tie between Malec and Sizzy. I have so much love for the levels of opposites attract here.
3. FAVOURITE QUOTE?
4. MOVIE VS TV SHOW?
So confess: I still haven’t watched the TV show. I’m a little mortified at myself and my life failings. I heard it’s super cringey to start with and then S2 is very good. sO! It’s on the to-do list! You know…when I’m not doing 179 other things all the time never sleeping because I’m so busy. *
I do however ADORE the movie. I think Jamie Campbell Bower is 500% the perfect Jace. And I love Simon too! And the lines are SO FUNNY. Mate, this movie. (However I think the casting is way better for the Lightwoods in the show.)
* That thing crying in the corner? Yes. That’s me.
Look, I’d make a good Herondale. Sassy at inappropriate times. Deeply sarcastic to cover up how sensitive they are. Prone to terrible life decisions —-> it’s so relatable.
6. WOULD YOU RATHER LISTEN TO JACE PLAY PIANO, JEM PLAYING THE VIOLIN, PLAY VIDEO GAMES WITH SIMON, READ A BOOK WITH WILL, OR PAINT WITH JULIAN?
Alright let’s be sensible and break it down:
- I have absolutely no skill with gaming. I played Sims once and mostly focused on naming my people after Lord of the Rings characters and then making them overachieve at every skill set in life until they threw a tantrum and died.
- I cannot paint, so it’s not going to work between us, Julian.
- I love reading but I’m uncomfortable reading around other people?
- I AM QUITE MUSICAL AND CAN PLAY BOTH VIOLIN AND PIANO SO BOOM. Jace and Jem and I will have a party.
Is there a rune for remembering all the books I’ve read? Because that would be helpful. Or strength rune!! To carry them! OR INVISIBLITY RUNE SO I COULD LIVE FOREVER IN A BOOKSTORE AND–
Ok, ok, I’ll stop.
Definitely a faerie. They don’t lie but they still manage to lie and if that doesn’t describe my blog WHAT DOES?! I think I’ve written about 2 helpful posts in my life time and it was really strange.
I’m also really cute and scary so. Faerie.
Okay so I love and adore the Lady Midnight series. Probably the most! But I can’t even with how much I love The Mortal Instruments. It’s so FUNNY and magical and written in 3rd person which is like guaranteed to make my heart flutter. Shh do not question this.
I also admit I don’t love The Infernal Devices as much…Will was a rude pigeon and Tessa had the personality of a paper fork. Jem was so precious, so pure, though.
UGH. I gotta say maybe Valentine? And I also hate Magnus’ ex vampire girlfriend. She was gnarly. ut Sebastian?? Hah hah hah…I mean. I’m just saying…he was kind of interesting…
Wait a sec. I just need to watch my standards and morals walk out the door, excuse me while I wave goodbye to them.
MAGNUS BANE THOUGH. Because the day would be very exciting and glittery and also still likely end in death. What is not to love here.
It’s been TOO LONG since I read TMI so they’ve all blurred together, but let me have at it anyway:
- City of Heavenly Fire: Usually I scream when books are over 600 pages but like?? This was amazing. Demon realms!
- Lady Midnight: MUST BE MY FAVOURITE OF ALL THOUGH. I’M DYING LIKE WOW HOW WAS IT SO GOOD. Blackthornes are my favourite creatures.
- Lord Of Shadows: No wait….I take it back. How could you.
- City of Bones: C’mon!! It introduces us to my favourite little nephilim world and Jace’s true love for himself shines so pure.
Sometimes I look at Lord of Shadows and remember how it feels to just turn to dust upon the floor. That cliffhanger was more than rude. It wasn’t even a “hanger”. We just got thrown off the cliff and left broken at the bottom.
Honestly more faeries! I would love more about the courts and basically Kieren whom I LOVE and also more Mark. Way more mark. All the Mark and Kieren, too let’s be real here.
I also want to see Jace as a father because I think he’d be terrible at it in a really really good way. Like, yes feed the child sugar before bed, Jace. Give it a knife. Stick the child in a drawer. Teach it to make fun of Mundanes.
This would be beautiful.
So I’m a chronic not-speaker to humans because social anxiety, so I would mostly likely say nothing and also fall over and turn into my true form which is —> a dead turtle.
However, some things that would be interesting to say:
- “Can you pls never never never stop writing Shadowhunter books?”
- “How do you keep ALL the worlds and characters in your head?”
- “THANK YOU FOR WRITING DIVERSITY SO BEAUTIFULLY IN FANTASY.”
- “How many drafts does a Shadowhunter book generally go through?”
- “Do you drink your readers’ tears or just frame them tho?”
NOW LET’S HAVE THE GIVEAWAY OF THIS GORGEOUS 10TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION OF CITY OF BONES!
Thank you to Walker Books Australia for sponsoring this giveaway!
- 5 x copies for 5 winners
- AUSTRALIAN residence only
- must be somewhat magical to enter