In case you thought your TBR pile was safe for the rest of 2017…. HA! You sweet summer child.
Welcome to my blog which is also called MISERY because I’m about to hit you with the last YA releases of 2017 which you probably desperately definitely need. Don’t let anyone hate on your TBR pile! Hate on it yourself and yet do absolutely nothing to stop it growing because that’s what the bookworm life is all about! *
And if you’re sitting here dubiously, gnawing on a small cupcake with blue sprinkles while thinking, “Cait. I came here to have a good time and you’re just dooming my TBR and yet again,” then ok ok I hear you. I will firstly provide you with a very satisfying list of reasons it’s perfectly acceptable to have a book wishlist that stretches to Jupiter and back. Twice. Or three times. Maybe four if you have no chill. **
* I mean there are rumours the bookworm life is about enjoying literature, supporting art, furthering your knowledge….but like, no. It’s basically 500% about collecting books and running in overwhelmed circles.
** OH LOOK. IT ME.
- i mean it could be worse…you could collect pinecones or ancient cursed knives instead of books.
- (not that you shouldn’t collect ancient cursed knives…but they are considerably more expensive than books.)
- people with goals live longer, to complete them you see? so having an impossibly long list of to-be-read novels equals you will live forever.
- this is what Goodreads is for anyway. you need Goodreads to feel useful.
- you don’t even have to buy all the books on your TBR wishlist!! you can use libraries, borrow from friends, use giftcards, steal from the Library of Alexandria, become a book yourself, etc. etc.
- lists of books are aesthetically pleasing
- you didn’t murder anyone lately so like 10/10 good job for living and you deserve to add to your TBR pile
- if we bookworms didn’t complain about our TBRs, what would we complain about????????
- books are prettier than you
- the human world is a mess. collect books instead.
It’s gotten to the point that if I actually do a TTT post 100% according to the prompt with zero Loki moments of misdemeanour or shouting “I !! do !! what !! I want !!” then you know it’s not me blogging. The dragon secretaries have finally smothered me in their sleep and taken over my blog for themselves.
Um…stop applauding that idea??? You fiends. LOVE ME FOR WHO I AM, WHICH IS ANNOYING BUT ALSO SOMETIMES AMUSING.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE TO EXPLODE YOUR TBR FURTHER WITH…
- THE GOBLINS OF BELLWATER: Ok but that cover is the prettiest thing. And also it’s a retelling of the Goblin Market which I haven’t read but goblins!!! I actually have this as an eARC so fingers crossed it’s good!
- SATELLITE: A boy born in SPACE comes to visit the earth which seems like a bad life decision…I mean have you seen this planet.
- MAGNUS CHASE THE SHIP OF THE DEAD: There is like ALWAYS a new Riordan book coming out but hEY I am here!! Hopefully there are plenty of dead people, which shouldn’t be hard because Magnus himself is d e a d.
- THE LAST NAMSARA: This is a book about a girl who cuts her mouth on a knife because R U DUMB CHILD. Excuse me. I think it’s actually about dragons (!!) and kings and blood and things I’m keen for.
- FAR FROM THE TREE: This is about 3 siblings adopted out separately who find each other. And I did love Emmy & Oliver so like, here I am. Come to me, little book.
- 27 HOURS: This is like about monsters and hellhounds and queer kids battling to save the world and I just !!!!
- WILD BEAUTY: This is about magic and girls finding a strange magical boy in their garden and I LOVE THIS AUTHOR SO MUCH.
- FOREST OF A THOUSAND LANTERNS: I lowkey loathe this cover but like East Asian fantasy with evil queens!! Yes please.
- ALL THE CROOKED SAINTS: ONLY THE ONLY BOOK THAT M A T T E R S IN MY LIFE BECAUSE AFJDSKALFD MY FAVOURITE AUTHOR EVER.
- TURTLES ALL THE WAY DOWN: I’m so so excited for this!! John Green is amazing and also it’s about OCD and thought spirals with #ownvoices representation there.
- DEAR MARTIN: A #BlackLivesMatter book where a boy set for Ivy League gets arrested for nO GOOD REASON and starts writing letters to Martin Luther King Jr.
- THE MIDNIGHT DANCE: This is basically the title of my insomniac memoir but ALSO IT’S ABOUT BALLET and the cover is gorgeous so. Do I need more reasons.
- THE WICKER KING: omgggg this cover. Also it’s about a boy with a degenerative hallucination disorder.
- THE BEGINNING OF THE WORLD IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT: I need a nap after that title, but heyyy the blurb says “spirits in jam jars” and it’s like a dark fairy tale short story collection and AHHHH.
- KAT AND MEG CONQUER THE WORLD: I mean the cover kind of makes my eyeballs want to die. BUT. It’s about a girl with anxiety and a girl with ADHD and I think they have a hate-to-friendship thing happening?!?
- KIDS LIKE US: About an autistic boy in Paris who falls in love with a girl he thinks is out of his favourite book (!!) I am so so keen.
- RENEGADES: Marissa Meyer + SUPER HEROES AND VILLAINS !!! Hopefully it’s better than the dull bucket that was Heartless.
- THE CITY OF BRASS: This has a freaking gorgeous mandala on the cover and I mean…like who even cares about anything else. COVER. (Ok fine it’s also about magic, djinns, and swindling Ottoman nobles.)
- WHICHWOOD: So this is a companion to Furthermore which I haven’t read yet. #Shame. But this is about a girl who washes dead bodies. Quality kind of literature I need.
- THE NOVEMBER GIRL: I’m very pleased this is coming out in November because AESTHETIC. It’s also about a boy running away from violence and I think he finds a magical girl in a lake?!? Great holiday ideas.
- THE LOVE LETTERS OF ABELARD AND LILY: This is about ADHD and Autism and ahhhhhh. I’m always here for contemporaries like this. I also do have an eARC…so go read it, Cait, omg why are your procrastinating.
- RULES OF RAIN: Another book featuring a boy with autism (!!) but I am cautious after reading the blurb because it sounds a bit like the Poor Disabled Brother Ruins Everything With Tragedy trope™ which is heckin’ harmful. But we’ll see??
- NO SAINTS IN KANSAS: This is about murder so I’m down.
Because I’m literally the CRUELLEST here are some books coming in 2018 that I’m frEAKING excited for. And they are so far away. What? Am I crying? Don’t be ridiculous that’s just…rain. On my face.
- TYLER JOHNSON WAS HERE: Boys and flowers are literally my favourite thing aafjkghihafsd. Also #ownvoices and #BlackLivesMatter!!
- THE QUEENS OF INNIS LEAR: This is being called a “multicultural feminist Game of Thrones.” Like yes please omg.
- MORE THAN WE CAN TELL: This is a companion to Letters To the Lost which I loved. Ahhh!!
- #PRETTYBOY MUST DIE: This is about an undercover CIA agent who accidentally becomes an internet sensation. (Also how epic are all these POC characters on the covers?!!!)
- TESS OF THE ROAD: Um dragons. I need say no more.
- WHEN MY HEART JOINS THE THOUSAND: A atypical girl (!! I’m hoping for autism but the blurb isn’t clear?) and a boy who walks with a cane!!
- NOT EVEN BONES: This book is about catching monsters and freaking MURDERING THEM AND SELLING THEM ONLINE?!?!? IT’s pitched as “Dexter meets This Savage Song” so like sign me the heck up.
- YOU’LL MISS ME WHEN I’M GONE: about a viola prodigy (!!) and twins who have Huntingtons Disease running in their family.