We’re back with book 3 of The Plated Prisoner series today with MTMC Tours!
When getting deep into the heart of a series, it’s hard to talk about it without spoilers, so I’m going to do a little list and some aesthetics (spoiler free!) below so you can get an intro to Raven Kennedy’s world. There will be an epic giveaway of course 😌✨ so I hope you enjoy!
5 Things To Know About The Plated Prisoner Series
- It’s an adult epic fantasy series of court politics, fae, and kingdoms on the brink of greed and ugly war. It has a deep focus on character development and mental health; especially the toll of brain-washing and sexual abuse to women used as objects in a world where only people with power and gold are treated with respect. It’s dark with violence to start, but also gets steamy with consensual romance later on.
- Auren’s skin is gold, literally gold, and she’s King Midas’ favoured (um…prisoner). Auren starts off this girl content to cling to her cage and slavery, thinking it makes her safe and that she’s chosen this. The series is a stark viewpoint from a girl suffering from Stockholm Syndrome and brainwashing — and it’s about her growth and realisation that she deserves more than this. Midas doesn’t love her, he uses her. Auren has a slow awakening to her own mental cages and ptsd, and it’s very powerful how she starts to stand up for herself.
- It’s very centred on court politics. So if you’re into wily and wicked plays for power, schemes and mind games, this is for you! There are several kingdoms on the board here that we get to know, so it’s very much about royals and ploys. You won’t really find battles (though there are training scenes) but i liked the emphasis on character development.
- So many interesting characters. Auren is pretty isolated in book one, but in Glint and then Gleam, we really get to know Rip and his band of loyal Wraths — and you can’t help but cheer when this huge, terrifying, hulking commander of armies reminds tiny, golden Auren that she is not an object to be used and that she deserves respect.
- It’s quite a fast read! Gleam is pushing towards 600 pages, but I did find them fast to go through, with easy world building to take in and very readable telling. Auren has a compelling voice (there are a few more POVs introduced later) and she’s pretty cheerful with a bit of sass, which is always fun to read.
Head over to my instagram for the intl giveaway for a physical copy of Gild or Glint!
Aesthetic photos from Unsplash, free commercial usage.
“I don’t choose him. Not anymore. I’m choosing me.”
King Midas made me the woman I am today. Notorious. Unattainable. His.
The thing about being confined is that you believe it’s to keep the bad out. …Until you realize it’s about keeping you in.
I’m now in a strange kingdom surrounded by liars, with no allies of my own, but I won’t sit idly by and let myself wither. No, there’s something that’s bloomed from the pit of my repression. Something dark. Something angry.
But the last thing I expected was for my anger to call out to him. King Ravinger.
He’s sinister and powerful and entirely too seductive. I’ve learned my lesson with trusting manipulative kings, so why does my chest constrict every time he’s near? I need to tread carefully, or I’m at risk of losing much more than just my freedom.
Regret and revenge war inside of me, and I need to figure out a plan fast before I get tangled up in the schemes of kings and queens.
Because I won’t be caught in a cage again. No, this time, it’ll be me setting the trap…I just hope my heart comes out of this unscathed.
Please note: This is an adult fantasy series with dark elements that may be triggering, including Stockholm Syndrome and emotional manipulation, as well as explicit romance scenes. Read at your own discretion.
ABOUT RAVEN KENNEDY
Raven Kennedy writes in a range of genres, including fantasy, paranormal, contemporary, dark romance, and romcoms.
Whether she makes you laugh or cry, she loves creating worlds and making characters you can root for.
She is a California girl born and raised, drinker of tea, and lover of dark chocolate. When she’s not writing, she can be found binge watching The Office and The Great British Baking Show, or with her nose stuck in a book. Find her at Website | Instagram | Goodreads
Enter the Rafflecopter below to win kindle copies of all three books in The Plated Prisoner series!! Ends on September 25th, 2021. Winner will be announced on the Rafflecopter and contacted via email by MTMC Tours.