Since I was sickeningly good last week and ACTUALLY DID THE PROMPT CORRECTLY WITH NO CHEATING AT ALL…I’m going to cheat this week. Purely on principale.
There are a lot of books I don’t really plan to read. A LOT. Both on my physical TBR and floating around the blogosphere. So you, my foliage friends*, either get to a) convince me I need to read them anyway, or b) nod and agree with me whilst I bury these books in Kronos’ abyss**.
This Week’s Prompt: Ten Books I Will Probably Never Read
* Yes…I often refer to people as foliage. This is not because I think you’re leafy, but because I like alliteration and, well, THIS STUFF JUST POPS OUT, OKAY?
** I’ve been, um, reading Percy Jackson lately.
These are all unsolicited ARCs. Now, mostly I read all my unsolicited books. I DO, I PROMISE. But some pop into my letter box that make me feel weary to the bone because a) I hate that kind of book, or b) it’s a sequel, or c) it doesn’t interest me at all.
- VERONICA MARS: THE THOUSAND DOLLAR TAN LINE: I don’t know Veronica Mars. There are #5384 other TV shows I want to watch before I’ll ever get to seeing it…and I feel like I need to see the show before attempting the book, okay?! Therefore: it ain’t happenin’, folks.
- WHILE WE RUN: I won this (I think?) but it’s a sequel.
- THE FIREBIRD MYSTERY: My sister actually read and reviewed this and declared it “meh” and I decided I had better things to do than read it. Like dominate the world.
- THE PECULIARS: I don’t do Steampunk. I TRIED. But it just doesn’t work out between us! And while I could be convinced, if a particularly epic looking steampunk book came out by one of my favourite authors…this one does not appeal. Plus Emily reviewed it and didn’t like it and I trust her. (She’s also great for blaming, apparently. Thank you, Emily, for being blameable for me not reading this book.)
- FOOL ME TWICE: No. No one can fool anyone twice and have me feeling bad for them. I’m always twitchy towards pure-fluff contemporaries anyway. I won’t stand around to see people FOOL EACH OTHER TWICE. No. Punch someone and move on with your life.
- NOT IN THE SCRIPT: Because fluff. Ergh. I don’t do fluff. And I don’t do drama/acting either. Coincidentally, this is in the same series as above.
These ones float about the blogosphere and look shiny and tempting but then I remind myself I would rather eat tuna than try them. AND THAT’S SAYING SOMETHING. I really hate tuna.
- FALLEN: I read Teardrop by Lauren Kate and discovered violent things about myself. I nearly threw a book. #violentbookworm
- ANNA DRESSED IN BLOOD: Okay, this one feels crazy to have on my list since I’m a massive fan of horror and ghosts…buuuut. I’m FIRSTLY a massive Supernatural fan. And this book ripped off Supernatural in the very first chapter. So I can’t forgive it. I can hold a grudge, ya know.
- THROUGH THE EVER NIGHT: This ticks me off, because everyone loves this series and I wanted to love it too! But I fell asleep reading the first one. Our love died before it could bloom, to be poetically honest.
- HOLLOW CITY: I’m a ridiculously low minority, but Miss Peregrine’s bored me to tears. The photos weren’t even that creepy. My nephew’s up-the-nose selfies are worse.
- CROSSED: Again with snoozing in the first book. I think Matched had an interesting concept, but so does the back of a cereal box.
- FORBIDDEN: There’s a reason brothers and sisters ain’t supposed to be lovers. As anyone read Game of Thrones? Do we want to acknowledge how badly it turns out when stuff like this happens?! (Also I realise, historically, bros and sisters married. But right now? I think I just threw up a little.)
- THE MIME ORDER: I wanted to read this at first, even though I loathed The Bone Season, because my sister’s name is Mime. But is a name worth several hundred pages of suffering because I don’t understand this world and don’t like the characters?
okay, first up: CONVINCE ME. have i made any mistakes here?! are there some books that i really really should read instead of ignoring??! and secondly: tell me some books you’re probably never ever ever going to read (not even if someone bribed you with pizza) don’t forget to link me to your TTT post!