In a wild state of affairs, today I’m doing a YA book box unboxing, featuring @PageHabit!
This whole post is going to be an incredibly exciting event, I mean, look — the opening photo even has my hand in it. I am a real person, so that is also a stunning surprise to us all. And secondly, I haven’t ever done an unboxing on the blog BUT WHY NOT. I rep a few boxes on my bookstagram and I figure it’s high time to review them here for those interested in purchasing a box to live in!
I mean, apparently you’re not supposed to “live in the box”??? But don’t let anyone crush your creativity.
Totally do go check out PageHabit.com asap though because their November boxes are up for purchase!
And if you use my link, I will love you the most of all and if that’s not your ultimate life goal, then what is.
- The COOLEST thing about Page Habit boxes is the authors actually ANNOTATE THE BOOKS!!! This absolutely slays me with appreciation OK. You get sticky-notes on the books with like little behind-the-scenes facts and doodles and it totally makes the book 500% more excellent.
- PageHabit is also on instagram and they post funny stuff so go see that, probably immediately.
- If you use the code “PAPERFURY” at checkout you get free shipping in the US!
- You can live in this box as your new home.
- Also part of the proceeds of this box get donated to help promote children’s literacy! That is SUPER cool. You get this box + you’re supporting less privileged bookworms!
- Even though my hand will be included in some of the photos it is NOT included in the box.
- This is wild information.
- Also: I may or may not end up wearing part of the box as a dress, but let’s move forward before 17% of you leave screaming.
The October Box!
The book is Last Burning Star by Caitlin Sangster! It’s a fantasy / dystopian genre bender with Chinese influences and YES IT’S ANNOTATED. That’s basically the coolest thing ever. It’s like a book club but just with you and some sticky notes because you are an antisocial owl.
I also will need to up my own writing game because like writers who can also draw doodles? Sheesh. Expectations are rising all the time in this universe.
I also really loved the characters in this book and how they managed to nearly die and shoot out one last quip. That’s the kind of quality role models in my life. It also features this dystopian sickness called Sleeping Sickness and it’s loosely based on a real thing but also it feels like a Sleeping Beauty reference?! #Impressed
Plus there’s a cute letter from the author as well! The whole box feels really personal, like a MINI BITE OF CHRISTMAS. If you like to bite Christmas.
We have an Einstein bookmark + a short story.
I like the fact the bookmark reminds us nothing is more important than books and libraries. Except possibly snacks are on equal footing? I really quite like snacks.
There is this cute pumpkin that scared the freaking HECK out of me.
Look I’m a really kind and pleasant sort of person. * I genuinely go into things in life assuming they are going to be chill. So I picked up this pumpkin and thought, “OH THIS IS A CUTE THING–” and accidentally hit the top and scared the liver out of both me and my dog.
My dog is in trauma therapy. But now he actually loves this pumpkin and wants to eat it and we have fought about it. Currently are not talking to each other and thinking of divorce, but I’m sure we’ll figure it out.
Anyway 10/10 to this pumpkin. I keep randomly clicking it and amusing myself BECAUSE I’M A CHILD.
* This seems like a lie but ok.
Now this little dinosaur is a TEA STRAINER.
I had no idea at first! This is because I don’t drink tea. Again, my dog gives it 10/10 because has gone absolutely mad with love for this tea strainer. He’s actually right now scratching in the kitchen asking for it. And I also don’t even OWN the tea strainer anymore because my mum saw it and was like: “CAIT. DO YOU WANT TO GIVE THAT TO ME.”
So wow, everyone. It’s not like I wanted this box FOR MYSELF.
At least I got to keep the book???
And lastly, the LIBRARY CARD PILLOW CASE!
I am such a fan but I do have two questions: (1) does this dress make my head look vanished, and (2) are American pillows genuinely this big?!?? I could fit myself, my pillow, and the Russian circus in here.
Anyway, seriously considering cutting a head hole.
Also if you ever wanted to know how professional I am…here we are.
- November’s box features “a new-to-town outsider taking on the evil that resides there.” AND I CAN’T GUESS SO I’M EXCITED?!?
- Yes I spend a lot of time trying to guess these sorts of things.
- There’s only 8 boxes left so get thee onto that.
- Dooon’t forget to use my exclusive link because it HELPS ME and you love me.
- And “PAPERFURY” is the free shipping code in the USA!
- OK I’m done. I need to go sit in my pillowcase now.