I’ve officially been Paper Fury for a year! OH HOW LITTLE BLOGS GROW. Look at this little Furious blog. All grown up and wreaking havoc. Oh, excuse me. Proud tears here. This definitely calls for celebration and cake and partying. Because, like the good hermit shell that I am, I believe the best party is a virtual party. Virtual cake is an unfortunate side-affect. But you also have an excuse to make a real cake on my behalf. You’re welcome.
OH. And before you get befuddled…my blog is actually 4 years old! But I used to be called “Notebook Sisters” (until my sister abandoned me for the great wild) and on December 3rd, 2014, I switched to Paper Fury and began viciously eating books and solo-blogging and it turned out immensely glorious.
This is also a bit of a Happy Christmas Thanks For Reading My Blog All Year sort of party and giveaway. Because it means so much to me, thank yooooou!!
“SO WHY DID YOU PICK ‘PAPER FURY’ FOR A NAME ANYWAY, CAIT?” YOU SAY.
Oh I’m glad you asked, my pineapples. It took me forever to think up a name that a) I liked, and b) wasn’t already taken. I settled on “Fury” because…plainly, I like how that word sounds. I KNOW. Shocking revelation there. I also do things rather fast and furiously and since I’m not a film-car-franchise, I added in “paper”. Thus my name was created from darkness and dust.
FUN FURY FACTS:
- I did NOT name myself after Nick Fury of the Avengers.
- I spent the first 3 months of being Paper Fury misspelling my own name. I was mostly Paper Furry. Very cuddly.
- Also Paper Fry. I am a delicious potato.
- Despite being a really nice person (don’t scoff, you know I am deep down…inside…somewhere.. maybe), I do get furiously passionate about things. Mostly books. Don’t you dare threaten my book’s life or grow.
- If you say “Paper Fury” 5 times on a dark night whilst drinking dragon tea and wearing orange socks — I will appear.
- One of the biggest reasons I picked my blog name was because it’s short. I am lazy.
- In some country, “Paper Fury” translates to “cake”.
- There is no reason I talk about cake so much except a) it’s easy to spell, b) it’s kind of like my name so that’s nice, and c) everyone, everywhere, knows what cake is. CAKE BINDS UNIVERSES. Oh and d) cake is freakishly delicious, dude.
“WELL, CAIT? WHERE IS THIS PARTY? GET ON WITH IT,” YOU SAY.
Okay! Okay! Let’s get started!
We have THREE incredibly wonderful things happening today. Firstly a survey (because I like your opinions) and then a scavenger hunt (!!) and also a GIVEAWAY. And don’t forget the cake, because I would never throw a party without cake.
I’m being brave and NOT using google docs for my survey (gasp!) so let me know if you have problems with this! Here’s a direct link, also. HELP ME IMPROVE THIS FURIOUS BLOG! All suggestions and comments are welcome. And it’s anonymous, so if you want to tell me you hate being called a pineapple — now is your chance. You pineapple face. Because like I’m going to stop. But at least you’ll feel heard, right?
No party is complete with a GAME. So I wracked my delicate brain for ideas and thought…what about a Scavenger Hunt?! So all one must do is scour my blog for facts about MEEEEE and fill in these 5 questions in the comments you can a) earn more points in the rafflecopter giveaway below, and b) I’ll be giving away an ebook to a random commenter who plays! SO HUZZAH.
HOW TO PLAY: Just copy and paste these 5 questions into the comment section and answer them! (For some of the questions, there’s more than one “right” answer.) It just requires you to scrabble about my blog collecting answers. Scavenger away, my squidlings!
- A book Cait’s rated 5-stars this year.
- A book Cait’s rated 2-stars this year.
- The title of any novelCait’s written.
- Cait’s dog’s name.
- Name 3 authors Cait love a humungous amount.
- (And a BONUS for those who’ve been around for a long time…what’s Cait’s favourite kind of cake?!)
I’ll pick a random commenter winner to get an Amazon ebook…of my choice. MWHAHAHAHA. This giveaway will be open until Dec 7th!
Giveaway is INTERNATIONAL. HUZZZZAH! There will be 2 winners. One will receive an ebook of their choice from Amazon (up to $10AUD) and one winner will receive a mini-book-necklace (made by yours truly from my Etsy Store) with any cover they like!
Just a small sample of what kind of necklace cover you could ask for. HUZZZZAH AGAIN. Or you could just buy one if you’re delightfully impatient. Just so you know.