What happened this week?? EVERYTHING..!
Talk about week of internet explosions! And, because I’m your fabulous overlord and queen, I’m will recap them ALL for you in case you have life-besides-internet (weirdo) and missed something. Yes, yes, thank me later.
Either no books ever come and I eat the library due to starvation…OR ALL THE BOOKS COME AT ONCE. Seriously. I feel extraordinarily lucky this week. I HAVE SO MANY EXCITING BOOKS!!
- A Court of Thorns And Roses by Sarah J Maas: UM. CUE SCREAMING!!! I CANNOT EVEN EXPLAIN HOW MUCH I WANTED THIS BOOK. AND IT WAS A SURPRISE ARC FROM BLOOMSBURY (LET ME HUG YOU, BLOOMSBURY) AND I AM JUST…EXTREMELY EXCITED, OKAY?!!
- The Honest Truth by Dan Gemeinhart: Thank you Scholastic!
- Havoc by Jane Higgins: Thank you Text Publishing! (I’m a teeny tiny bit nervous because this is apocalyptic and I haven’t read a GOOD apocalypse for a long time.)
- Fairest (The Lunar Chronicles 0.5) by Marissa Meyer: IT IS JUST MY LUCKY WEEK ISN’T IT?!! OH MY GOSH. LOOK AT THIS GORGEOUS LITTLE BOOK!!! THANK YOU MACMILLAN!! My sister and I were crying about not being able to afford this because the hardcover was $20 and the paperback wouldn’t be out until March. And then Macmillan surprised me. I AM FLAILING LIKE A HAPPY PINEAPPLE.
- The Last Time We Say Goodbye by Cynthia Hand: Thank you HarperCollins! I’m pretty sure I’ll cry!
- Extraction by Stephanie Diaz: Library! I’ve wanted to read this forever since I blogged (a year or so ago now) with the author on YAvengers. My claim to fame, right?!
- Vanishing Girls by Lauren Oliver: Thanks Hachette! You read my mind…I was seriously just about to ask for this.
- All Fall Down by Ally Carter: ajfdkalfds thank you Scholastic!
- Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater: (Thank you Scholastic) Now…I do already own this and I love it to absolute pieces. I bought the paperback last year, but hey, hardcover?! I LOVE. I now own four Stiefvater books. (Shh, let’s not talk about how 2 are the same.)
Oh gosh. The extreme fabulousness is overwhelming. I need a moment.
ON THE BLOG?…
- MONDAY: I failed and screeched over the absolute perfection of Ensnared!! The review is useless. I was just fangirling.
- WEDNESDAY: I moan about the hardship of editing (poor, poor, Cait) and also announce I’m on Wattpad (!!) and you can read the first chapter of my NaNoWriMo book! (I’m also pretty much flailing like a headless pineapple after the encouraging and awesome comments. THANK YOU, EVERYONE WHO READ IT.)
- THURSDAY: It’s time to link up for Beautiful People again…with a smushy lovey adorably shippable VALENTINE’S DAY EDITION!
- FRIDAY: I throw a small but adorable tantrum about Red Queen because it wasn’t very original.
WHAT DID I READ??
Click on see Goodreads reviews!
- Only Ever Yours: Um. Disturbing, okay?! I was really quite traumatised. It was GOOD though. [3-stars]
- I’ll Give You The Sun: I nearly drowned in the beautifulness. [4-stars]
- Strong Deaf: I read this for writing research mostly…it was sadly badly written. [2-stars]
- Avengers, The Children’s Crusade: WELL THEN. I liked it, but I struggled with the fact that a bunch of 16 year old newly hatched superheroes could be smarter than the good ol’ favourites like Iron Man, Cap, and Thor. [3-stars]
- Fairest: Well HECK YES I liked it. I simultaneously felt bad and horrified at Levana. This is writing at it’s emotionally manipulative finest, peoples. GO READ IT. [5-stars]
LATELY, ON INSTAGRAM
Click on the pictures to jump over to my instagram for bigger images!
ELESWHERE, ON THE INTERNET!
So basically everything went down this week. It was rather exhausting and highly exciting.
- Harper Lee is releasing the sequel to To Kill a Mockingbird 55 years after her debut! It’s titled Go Set A Watchman and is about 20 years after TKAM. This was met (duh, we can’t get along, of course) with controversy. Should we be suspicious of the new novel (being published under odd circumstances)? Did Harper Lee, reported to be quite deaf and blind, really know what she signing off on? How do you lose a book anyway?!!
- Because Harper Lee was getting all the attention…a snarky author released a horribly snide “bingo card” to hate on reviewers. Like, seriously, authors…do you want us to promote your books (FOR FREE AND ON OUR OWN TIME, DANG IT) or not??
- Giselle @ Book Nerd replied to the snarky author with a super positive and awesome bingo card of her own creation. #faithinhumanityrestored
- The cover has been revealed for the last Susan Ee’s Penryn and the End of Days trilogy! It’s gorgeous.
- If you’re a writer and want to know about English accents? Here is the video for you. (It’s hilarious, also.)
- The Red Rising movie has a director!! I approve of this pick.
- Emily @ Loony Literate tells about her tour of Hogwarts!
- Ashley @ Nose Graze says it’s okay to want to grow your blog. (No shame in being invested in your stats!)
- Jeann @ Happy Indulgence wants to know if we remember aaaall the details of what we read? (I do not.)
- Amanda @ Of Spectacles And Books asks if you feel obligated in the book blogging community.
A LITTLE BIT OF HOUSEKEEPING…
SO! I have a few technical questions for you and if you want to shout the answers in the comments, I’d be most obliged.
- Do you have trouble getting onto my blog?? I’ve had a few people, now, tell me often times my blog won’t appear for them. CUE PANIC. Does this ever happen to you?
- Does my blog load super slowly for you?? (I use a lot of pictures, but I do try to keep the size small. Photos and gifs are life, peoples, I don’t want to have to stop using them. But I also don’t want a super slow blog!) Let me know if it’s a problem.
- If you comment and it NEVER shows up…let me know! You can tweet me or email. I’ve had two people had trouble with this and I had no idea…but my blog was sending them to spam. (Apparently they were suspicious individuals.) It’s fixed now, because I am kind.