It’s been a spectacular week for books, but a less-spectacular week for blogging. Am I having a slump!? Am I having stage fright?! I DON’T KNOW. But to be strictly honest with you, my farinaceous friends, I feel entirely un-fun at the moment, which equals my discarding posts because they’re not good enough — therefore not much blogging.
But, pfft, I shall concentrate on the fact that it’s a glorious week for BOOKS. Books are cheery creations.
It has been a desert of ARCs in my corner of the universe. LITERALLY A DESERT! I was actually getting mildly concerned. But then, of course, they all arrived at once. And are all published in April. TYPICAL. But shhh, I’m not complaining! I’m too excited by these monstrous beauties!
- ME BEING ME IS EXACTLY INSANE AS YOU BEING YOU: It’s told entirely in lists. HOLD ME. I THINK THIS BOOK WAS WRITTEN FOR ME.
- HACKED & I’LL BE THERE: Surprise ARCs from Scholastic. (Thank you!) No clue what they’re about. But Hacked looks exciting.
- ROOM: I’ve wanted to read this for aaaages, but I was looking at a $2 fee to reserve it at the library. THEN! I scored a second-hand copy for $1. So. much. win.
- THE 100: Because I had an idea for a book and THIS BOOK ALREADY DID IT. Also apparently the show is delicious?
- THE GIRL OF FIRE AND THORNS: I’m on a fantasy kick, peoples! Fantasy! Swords! Dragons! Firey thorns!
- THE WICKED WILL RISE: Thank you HarperCollins! And I’m finally doing this right, because I JUST read Dorothy Must Die and it’s fresh on my brain. (PS. This book is glorious.)
- THE REMEDY: Thank you Simon & Schuster! I really loved The Program but didn’t like The Treatment. But I love this one. I mean, they’re all psychopaths, but we all have minor personality drawbacks.
- THE CATALYST: Surprise ARC from Hachette (thank you) and I’m quite interested, but a little cautious because the author started writing it at 13?? Um. I don’t want to be the skeptic, but I am the skeptic.
- ALICE AND THE FLY: This cover is so gorgeous! Thank you Hachette! It’s also about phobias and obsessions and basically caaaaalls to me.
- DISRUPTION: Have you heard me rave about this book? BECAUSE MAGGIE AND QUENTIN ARE MY OTP. I ship them like I ship no others. Also, I scored a second-hand copy for $2. My bargain shopping is just extremely awesome. GO CAIT. GO CAIT.
HELP ME DECIDE WHAT TO READ NEXT!!
- MONDAY: I ask, very seriously, who is the BEST Sherlock? Discussion ensues. It’s glorious.
- WEDNESDAY: I confess to being a hipster in my wayward youth.
- THURSDAY: I review The Unlikely Hero of Room 13B and gasp and flail and just admire it’s perfection.
\\ Click on see Goodreads reviews! //
- THE YOUNG ELITES: OH this was such a disappointment. I expected evil villainous things, but the main character really wasn’t all that dark-side. ★★★
- ALTERED: The cover promises shirtlessness of teenage boys. There is a lot of shirtlessness of teenage boys. Also a sprinkle of plot.★★★
- SIEGE AND STORM: I just realised I adore this series. STURMHOND. He is so adorable and clever and witty. Why is book 3 not in my hands?? ★★★★
- THE WICKED WILL RISE: I’m such a fan of Oz and creepiness and witches. This was as good as book 1! ★★★★
- A GAME OF THRONES: It took me 2 months listening to the audio. There was pain. Some tears. Anguish. Frustrating. BUT I LOVED IT, OKAY?!! ★★★★★
- THE REMEDY:
I’ve had a lot of fun on instagram this week! Plus YAY FOR SUNSHINE. Gosh, words do not describe how frustrating weeks of rain and bad lighting is for someone [moi] who loves taking photos.
I collect notebooks. I /love/ notebooks an astronomical amount. I used to write reviews in them, speaking of which… I’m blogging about my old reviews!! GO READ ALL. paperfury.com #bookstagram #notebooks #collection #ihaveasmallnotebookobsession #icollectthembutthendontwriteinthem #whichiskindaridiculousyethereiam #yabookblogger #bookreviews
Sometimes I do evil things…like turn book pages into flowers. (Not this book though!! Only old books, I promise.) Ohhhh #Altered was fun. Cliche but fun. 😉 #bookstagram #bookworm #ya #bookishart #paperfuryink #yesitsforsale #thisbookisridiculouslycliche #guiltypleasureread #yaversionofBourne #library #kusudamaflowers #origami #booklove
A photo posted by Cait (@paperfury) on
These links: go click them.
- The Young Elites movie rights have been picked up by the same people who made The Maze Runner and The Fault in Our Stars! YEEEHAAA.
- Maggie Stiefvater talks about feminism and basically proves she is too awesome to comprehend.
- LOOOOK. You can see a peek of the Paper Towns movie!
- There is a DEFINITE possibility the Black Widow might have her own movie. I’ll believe it when I see it though. I want this soooo bad and I’m kind of annoyed it hasn’t happened yet!!
- Beth @ The Quiet People asks if characters have voices when you read? Do you heeeeear voices in your heeeeead?
- Kristen @ My Friends Are Fiction asks what you used to do before blogging!
- Kaja @ Of Dragons and Hearts talks about un-recommending books.
- Genie @ Genie In a Book asks what we think about ads on blogs?
I’m not having a blogging “block” exactly, I’m just…UNSURE ABOUT ALL THE THINGS. I was looking through older posts and realised my style has changed a lot, just over these last few months. Which isn’t bad! It just surprised me. I don’t do as many silly posts and now, when I try them, it feels forced. OH THE WORLD IS A DARK GLOOMY PLACE. No, no I’m not dramatic, why do you ask?
On the writing front? I’M PLOTTING A NEW BOOK! I’m tumbling back in love with epic fantasy, which is where I started writing. But this one involves heists, psychopathic little sisters, lots of ice and snow, and a thousand-year-old wizard stuck in the body (and with the horrific sense of humour) of a 12-year-old. FUN.
And also, I’m REALLY proud of myself for finishing A Game of Thrones! I loved it. I truly did. Some parts were awful, and I was grossed out a lot, but the plot and world-building really are spectacular. I DID IT! I READ AN ADULT BOOK! Now onto the show?!