Peoples! I’m actually reading series. If you’ve been following my blathering blog adventures for a while (I do so like you best) you’ll know I’m HORRENDOUS at finishing series. But now?! I’m on fire, humanoids! I’m up to my elbows in Rick Riordan, I’ve read two Cassandra Clare’s in a week, and I’m onto my second George RR Martin book! SO HUZZAH FOR THESE ACCOMPLISHMENTS. Life is short. One must celebrate oneself copiously and often, okay?
OH! And before we dive in, don’t forget to enter my giveaway (AUS only) for Fish Out of Water by Natalie Whipple!
And I have a small request for you…but more on that later! LET’S GET TO THE BOOKS!
Um, yes, there’s a lot but a) this is 2 weeks worth of books, and b) I’ve actually read most of them already oops and c) AREN’T THEY PRETTY? It’s also very wet outside so my apologise to Finding Audrey for its soggy suffering for sake of the others.
- FERALS: Thanks HarperCollins! I’ve read it now and it was kinda cute…lots of animals, friendship, and unwashed little boys. What?! It’s the truth. They were all homeless and never ever bathed.
- CHERRY BLOSSOM DREAMS: Thank you Bloomsbury! This was a…surprise. A suffocatingly pink surprise. I shall have to gather the courage for this one. I’m allergic to pink.
- BOMB: Thank you Hachette! Another surprise book. I was kind of wary for Sarah Rossi after Riot ruptured my braincells. I read it. It ruptured another braincell.
- LULLABY: Thank you Text Publishing! ANOTHER SURPRISE. Seriously, it’s like Christmas around here.
- THE BOY IN THE STRIPED PYJAMAS: Library saaaale. Only $0.50. And yes I’ve already read it and cried, but one likes to actually own these tearful books.
- THE DISTANCE BETWEEN US: This will be my first Kasie West! Excited? I AM EXCITED.
- CHALLENGER DEEP: Neal AFJDKSAF Shusterman. Thank you HarperCollins! Getting this is my dream and I love you and I think we ought to marry.
- THE CEMETREY BOYS: Libraried. This was…suffocatingly boring and not at all scary. I quit wanted to slap the protagonist which isn’t a good sign.
- THE MARK OF ATHENA (#3): Libraried. I’M SO EXCITED. Please let there be more Annabeth in this one. Pleaspleaseplease.
- CRESCENDO (#2): I didn’t actually hate Hush, Hush. Yes, I too am surprised. I found it for $0.50, so why not? The darn library sticker won’t come off though.
- CLOCKWORK ANGEL: Libraried. This book = super fantastic.
- CLOCKWORK PRINCE (#2): BUT THIS ONE WAS EVEN BETTER. SOMEONE HOLD ME. Or hold Will. Basically just hold Will, the poor little darling.
- FINDING AUDREY: Another surprise (thanks Random House!) but it’s terrifying me, to be honest. It’s about anxiety, which is a little close to home for me. Plus the backcover promises to fix all Audrey’s anxious problems with a boyfriend, which is not a good message. So…we’ll see. (Let me know if you’ve read this one.)
So many books, peoples.
HELP ME DECIDE WHAT TO READ NEXT!![yop_poll id=”1″]
- SUNDAY: I list 10 horrific dangers that you risk while being a bookworm. The treepocolypse, peoples, it’s real.
- MONDAY: I review Me Being Me Is As Exactly As Insane As You Being You which is both exhausting and disappointing.
- THURSDAY: I threw a lot of gifs together and declared it a “review” of A Game of Thrones. We can pretend it’s intelligent, right?
- SATURDAY: I list 10 problems of being an adult reading YA. Gee, when did I get old?
Click on see Goodreads reviews!
- THE FINAL EMPIRE (MISBORN 1): I tackled this beast of an adult fantasy AND I WON. I loved it. ★★★★
- BOMB: Like I said earlier…no. It was completely illogical. The police were shooting at the girl strapped to a bomb. I mean. Who does that?! ★★
- LULLABY: It gets the award for worst. cover. ever. Also weirdest book ever. ★★★
- BRIDGE TO TERABITHIA: I have read this before. But what can I say? I wanted to cry again. ★★★★★
- FERALS: Cute, but rather pale compared to Bridge to Terabithia, ain’t it? ★★★
- DEADPOOL: ORIGINAL SIN VOL 6: My first Deadpool comic! Also my last because my library doesn’t have anymore but this was so freaking funny. ★★★★
- THE CATALYST: I was seriously surprised with how much I liked this! It’s about angels. Also written by a 15-year-old. Which is, like, wow. ★★★★
Click on the pictures to jump over to my instagram for bigger images!
I’ve been rather slack about collecting interesting posts, so this week’s pickings are lean. Stuff has happened! I’ve just been…lost in Mistborn I guess.
- They’ve officially casted Magnus Bane and Valentine for the new TV series Shadowhunters. I’m so very pleased with, like, this WHOLE cast. Except for Jace.
- Agent Carter is renewed for Season 2! THIS IS GLORIOUS NEWS.
- The Little Prince trailer looks, um, incredible.
- Derek Landy’s new book Demon Road has a cover! It’s a bit…I don’t even know. It’s not what I expected. I think I like it?
- Oh and this is what it’s like to buddy read with me:
I run a little etsy store making origami mobiles and mini book necklaces and if you buy from me, I like you best. ALSO, I’m starting up a monthly newsletter (which you should subscribe to). For news of sales, giveaways, discounts, etc. You know the drill. Basically it’ll be epic because I’m involved.
\\ click on the pictures to go to my etsy //
SO. I have several interesting things to throw in your face. But I will throw them nicely because I have manners. Ready?
1. Attention bookish etsy store owners! Does anyone sell bookish-themed items and would like to trade some advertising on my blog for sponsoring a giveaway? If you’d like more info email me. I can give you my blog stats and tell you my nefarious plans.
2. ALSO! I’m tentatively planning to write again! I’ve had a woeful year this far for writing, but I’ve got this little gem of an middle-grade book basically about magic and crickets and copious amounts of cereal. Do you want to hear more? OF COURSE YOU DO. Look out for my post this week! Or next week. I don’t know, folks, I’m a free spirit.
3. Whilst burning braincells for something interesting to do for my upcoming blogversary…I thought, why not answer questions?! Do you have any questions for me? ANY AT ALL? Because now is your chance! They can be about blogging or writing or queries or my favourite ice cream flavour or how to be fabulous (although not sure I’ll share my secrets). So, you can throw your questions in the comments below OR you can submit them via this google form. I’ll answer the best questions AND leave a link to your blog, which, I won’t lie, is stupendous. So don’t be shy! TALK TO ME.