Many glorious things have been happening lately. MANY. And while I usually do these recap books only at the end of the month…bah. I make rules purely so I can break them (ergo I get to feel nefarious and daring). Also I ate the library so I need to discuss that with you. And…I recently hit 1.5K bloglovin’ followers, which means — GIVEAWAY TIME!! HUZZAH!
And thank you THANK YOU to everyone’s nice warm and fuzzy comments on my How To Be Nice To Book Bloggers post. You humans are utterly fantastic and I’m so glad I get to squawk about books with you.
OH. And before we rush on. I just have 3 very important things to tell you:
- You need to drop everything and Blood Red Road. IT IS AMAZING. It has siblings and cage fights and sass. Why are you still here? WHY HAVE YOU NOT GONE TO READ IT YET!? I’m kidding. Totally wait and read the rest of my post because it, as am I, is marvellous.
- NaNoWriMo plotting is DONE. HUZZAH. I’m writing a dragon book but I’ll tell you aaaall about it this week. (Also can I write 50K in 5 days? Can I? Should I? STAHP, CAIT.)
- Also you know how I’ve had such a horrible time with reading and rated everything low and life was blah? SPELL IS BROKEN! I’ve had incredible read after incredible read and it’s so exciting! LIFE IS GOOD, MY PINEAPPLE FIENDS. Let me cackle deviously to myself.
- FANS OF THE IMPOSSIBLE LIFE: This book is everything. Thank you Charnell! YOU ARE THE SWEETEST. ★★★★
- THE DEMON KING: I’m absolutely loving this. I hesitated about buying it because…well…fantasy can be so hit or miss. BUT SO FAR IT’S GLORIOUS. I’m 50% through as we speak. (Trust everything Maraia recommends, that is the lesson here.) It’s about wizards and thieves!
- THE RAVEN BOYS: Can you believe I rave about Maggie Stiefvater 90% of my blogging time but DO NOT OWN ALL HER BOOKS?!? I’m slowly fixing this. ★★★★★
- LEGACY OF KINGS: I so loved this one! Except, well, I do wish it hadn’t tried quite so hard to be the YA Game of Thrones. But I still loved the Alexander the Great thing going on! ★★★★
Usually I’m very firm with myself and I’m ONLY allowed 2 library books per week. So I can focus on ARCs and books I’ve bought/won. But, but humans, it’s been so loooooong since I had a delicious hefty stack. SO I BROKE. #noregrets Although, to be honest, it’s not even that big. I’ve had 13 out before…
- SEA OF SHADOWS: I’m so excited for this because fantasy. That is all. FANTASY.
- MY BROTHER SIMPLE: This was so, so sweet and about a teen boy caring for his mentally disabled brother. It’s also translated from French. Which is cool. But those secondary characters were argh. ★★★
- YOU ARE THE KIND OF GIRL I WROTE SONGS ABOUT: I borrowed this because Kelly said so.
- MAYBE SOMEDAY: Oh I am nervous. It’s NA and usually NA and me don’t get along. But I see this everywhere and I’m curious! Also I think I heard there’s a deaf character in there? (Because writing research.)
- MY LIFE NEXT DOOR: I’m going to buddy-read this with Mishma! Also I have actually 2% of a clue what it’s about but I see everyone reading it and I need it. What can I say?
I’m pretty sure my Instagram addiction is here to stay…FOREVER. Here’s what I’ve been photographing lately:
- Rick Riordan is starting a new series set in Camp Half Blood! CAN I HEAR A “HECK YES AND HALLELUJAH”!? Ahem. It’s called the Trials of Apollo. I need it.
- Oh and speaking of Rick Riordan….GUESS WHO MENTIONED ME ON THEIR BLOG? GUESS WHO LINKED TO MY REVIEW ABOUT MAGNUS CHASE? GUESS WHO IS DYING RIGHT NOW BECAUSE OF THIS. (Spoiler: me.)
- The sequel to Sarah J Maas’ A Court of thorns and Roses is going to be A Court of Mist and Fury — so I would like to take this moment to thank her for naming a book after ME.
- THERE IS A TRAILER FOR SHADOWHUNTERS TV SHOW! I’m torn between being astronomically excited and terrified…because a 7 minute snippet got leaked and, well, I’m not convinced on Clary as an actor.
- Aentee @ Read At Midnight talks about blogger insecurities and confirms that they don’t matter. Basically yes to this post.
- Shanelle @ The Art of Escapism is hosting a blogging event called Hogwarts School of Blogcraft and Bookistry. It is exactly as awesome as it sounds.
- Aine @ Writing on a Vintage Typewriter is going to bake you a cake. (No, but really! She wants fantasy recipes!)
- Erica @ Loyal Run talks about attacking authors. It’s a big no, peoples, don’t do it.
- Alyssa @ The Devil Orders Takeout talks about sexism in literature. Also this post is just spot on.
- Mrs K @ Straupag mentioned me on her blog and it was SO NICE. (Thank you!!)
- Josie @ Josie’s Book Corner featured me. MEEEEEE. WHY IS EVERYONE SO NICE TO ME, OMG?! (Thank you, Josie!!)
- Abi @ Whimsy Writer did a response post to my How to Be Nice to Bloggers article and she is fabulous.
I kind of hesitate before squalling at you that I have an Etsy store and you should buy all my stuff…but. The occasional self-promo is tolerably acceptable. So! I HAVE AN ETSY STORE AND YOU SHOULD BUY ALL MY STUFF. (Kidding kidding…but really…) And Christmas is coming. Just sayin’.
And now for this giveaway! OH GLORIOUS DAY.
- OPEN INTERNATIONALLY.
- Two prizes! One is an ebook of YOUR CHOICE (up to $10AUD) and the second prize is an ebook of MY CHOICE for you. Mwahahaha. I will ask for a link to your Goodreads, though, so I don’t get you something you’ve already read.
- If for some reason you can’t accept the ebook I send you, you can also ask Amazon to exchange it for a giftcard.