This is it. THIS IS THE END. I AM LEAVING YOU. Oh, pfft, stop getting so excited. It’s only for 8 days. As you might have noticed during my regular chaotic shrieking about NaNoWriMo…I am participating. Usually I write a book AND blog. But I’m getting old. (21 is practically 100, ya know.) My multi-tasking skills are slipping and it’s tragic, really. SO. I’m going to take the week off whilst I smash my keyboard violently. Yes yes, I said a week. I write fast okay?
Except for Monday!! MONDAY WILL BE SPECIAL! I’m part of the FitzBlitz crew and kicking off the Australian blog tour (!!) for Dangerous Lies by Becca Fitzpatrick, which is an incredible specimen of a thriller. But after that I shall be absent.
I’m pretty sure the world will collapse without me blogging, but it’s a sacrifice I’m willing to make on account of needing to write about dragons. Stay strong. (I will be tweeting snippets though. Because I can’t help myself.)
(Oh and for those wondering when the next round of Beautiful People/Books will be…it’s up on the 10th! They’ll be NaNo themed questions again!)
- WHY IS THIS NIGHT DIFFERENT FROM ALL OTHER NIGHTS: This is the last All the Wrong Questions book. THE LAST. My childhood is over again. Let me sob. (Can we petition Lemony Snicket to write a series about Olaf? Or Beatrice? OR SOMEONE.) ★★★★
- INK: Since I’m setting my latest novel in Japan…research. Plus this book is ridiculously wonderful. ★★★★
- REBEL HEART (Blood Red Road #2): ALLLLLLL THE EMOTIONS. I think I lost my sanity around page 4 because everything is horrible and I love it. ★★★★★
- MOSQUITOLAND: I’ve wanted to read this for forever.
- THE WARRIOR HEIR: Because I’m suddenly an intense Cinda Williams Chima fangirl right now, okay?
- BONE GAP: But this is my new favourite book of the universe okay? It’s a bit like Maggie Stiefvater and a bit like falling in a honeyed soup of beautiful writing and then dying. ★★★★★
- THE ARCHIVED: Because Victoria Scwhab is a master writer and I needs read everything by her.
- THE EXILED QUEEN (Seven Realms #2): I have a slight obsession with this series, okay?!
- EVERY MOVE (Every #3): Omg, the final book. CUE WAILING. This Aussie Sherlock retelling has been so incredible so far. High hopes the finale is epic!!
- WALK ON EARTH A STRANGER: Because I love and adore Rae Carson. Also the cover is glittery and beautiful. Which is a perfectly acceptable reason to want a book.
- ILLUMINAE: I was supposed to get an ARC but sadly…I did not. So I have sold a kidney or my little sister or something and NOW I HAVE IT. It’s formatted insanely and that is my favourite so…higher than highest hopes!
- AFTER ALICE: I love Alice but I’m wary of Maguire, so we’ll see?!
- A KNIGHT OF THE SEVEN KINGDOMS: I won this and After Alice from Aentee so SQUEEEE. I love George RR Martin’s books. And by “love” I mean they entirely hurt my feels. Also pretty hard cover pleases my bookshelf.
My Instagram happenings of late…
Also a little note on pictures…I’ve had some of my photos stolen and watermarks cropped out. In several places now. AND IT’S DEVASTATING. So please please be sure you’re not the kind of person who “just uses book photos off google” without permission and crediting. It’s devastating for the artist, okay?
\\ covers link to reviews //
I have had the worst reading luck for several months…but you know what? THAT CHANGED THIS MONTH. Oh hold me my emotions are ALL OVER THE PLACE because I just read four incredible best-of-the-year kind of books. I am so ridiculously happy. How do I even explain?! WHAT EVEN ARE WORDS.
- BEST BOOK? Absolutely definitely with no single doubt… I have four of them. Blood Red Road and then the sequel, Rebel Heart, where beyond brilliant. I’m talking Hunger-Games-level-of-infatuation-with-this-series, okay?!?!? And then Bone Gap BROKE ME because it was like Maggie Stiefvater’s writing and the characters were adorable and yet like vinegar. And The Demon King is my new favourite fantasy series.
- WISH I’D NEVER READ? This ties between Maybe Someday which I found ridiculously hypocritical and The Panem Companion which was basically woeful fanfic theories that made me die a little inside. UGH. 1-star to both.
- DID I LAUGH? Only in agony. The Dust Land books got a few chortles out of me but then I was screaming. So yeah.
- COVER LOVE? As horrendous as I found Tiger’s Curse (it was just cliche and bland), I am still in love with the cover.
Also, weirdly, all the books (except Bone Gap) that I’ve been blown away by are older books. Has 2015 just NOT been the year for exceptional books?!
WHAT YOU CLICKED ON THE MOST:
- Beautiful Books — so excited at the 77 linkers! I think this is a record?!?
- How To Be Kind to Book Bloggers — I’m still freaking out about the epically nice response from this!! THANK YOU ALL!!
INTRIGUING SEARCH RESULTS:
- “old post from 2015 meet me” — Meet you where? Why? SHOULD WE BRING COFFEE OR CAKE?
- “which fandom should i join quiz” — I can help! You should utterly and definitely join the Maggie Stiefvater fandom. I feel like the fandom name should be Stiefvaterviathons. Because reasons.
- “new friend ship question paper for best friend” — this is an EXCELLENT idea. You should definitely interview potential “best friends” or, gawsh, who knows what you might accidentally settle for?
- “i may be leaving but at least i was here” — That’s me for every social outing, to be honest.
- “evil inside quotes” — Definitely be evil inside and NOT outside, because there is nature outside and sometimes it’s scary.
- “cool images for intj” — Try looking for images of a dystopic world where you are the only one left. #INTJparadise
- “do aelin and chaol get back together” — YOU TELL ME. Cue gross sobbing.
- “why do amber’s parents want to kill her? demon road” — that’s what parents do when they’re sick of their kids, I assume.
- “the raven king maggie stiefvater snippets” — if you found these on my blog PLEASE LET ME KNOW SO I CAN DEVOUR THEM TOO.
- “editing goes dead” — This is basically how I feel when editing too. Try lying on the floor and wailing. It doesn’t help, but still it’s nice to do.
- Richelle Mead has a new book coming in 2016 called The Glittering Court. I am expecting so much glitter.
- Simon Vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda is becoming a movie directed by the people who made The Fault in Our Stars. SO PARTY TIME, YES? I really need to get a wriggle on and read this book… Also, the book is getting a sequel in 2017.
- EXCUSE ME BUT WINTER BY MARISSA MEYER RELEASES IN 12 DAYS. I REPEAT. 12 DAYS.
- Inge @ Bookshelf Reflections will help you survive NaNoWriMo with this fabulous post.
- Aimee @ Deadly Darlings has tips for bookstagramers! (Also how to do those completely-white-background shots which is just so helpful.) THANK YOU AIMEE.
- Stephanie @ These Paper Hearts has 5 ways to help you get more interaction on your reviews.
- Paloma @ Pages and Pineapples (which is probably the best blog name of ever) did a response post to my Dire Agonies of Being a Fast Reader…except hers is for a slow reader!
- Amanda @ Nellie & Co asks if you should share all your blogging secrets?
- Aentee @ Read At Midnight asks if your blogging honeymoon is over and gives tips to cope. (Also her blog is gorgeously beautiful if you haven’t stopped by yet. GO DO IT.)
- Aine @ Writing on a Vintage Typewriter has a list of book blogger etiquette.
And considering the giveaway has like TWO MORE DAYS, I’ll lob it at you again and may the odds be in your favour! (I’m celebrating 1.5K followers for those of you who’ve just arrived.) It’s open INTERNATIONALLY for 2 winners and 2 Amazon ebooks. One winner chooses, the other winner…I choose for. mwhahaah.