It has been a ridiculously delicious book week for me! And I’m incredibly excited about them, which is a feeling I adore. What is better than flailing wildly over books, I ask you? Answer: NOTHING. Except, perhaps, flailing over cake or conquering a small planet. And I have a few intriguing things to shout to you before we dive on. But I shout nicely and politely. Don’t fear.
I have to admit that I’m…struggling with finding enough time. Not with motivation to blog! I LOVE BLOGGING. The dastardly thing called Time is not treating me well. Talking to everyone and answering comments is what I want to do most. IT IS IMPORTANT TO ME. I love being known as someone who replies and talks and chats with everyone — I LOVE THAT. But, dangit, I need 84298 more hours in my day. I want to talk to you all, I do. But I have to admit it’s not always going to happen. I might be forced to consider some answering-every-second-comment and not visit blogs back all the time. But please don’t think I’m ignoring you!! And you can always catch me on twitter if you have something specific to squall at me. I JUST NEED MORE CLONES. HALP. Advice on this matter appreciated! I’d also like to know if the above will put you off commenting! Do let me know! (Honesty = my one true love, so let ’em at me.)
- EDIT: New idea!! Suggested by some of you wonderful squids! I’m going to maybe blog less and still keep answering comments and visiting your blogs. SO WOOT WOOT. Keep talkin’ to me because I’m here to bombard you with…me? That sounds like a downside but trust me: it is not.
- I’m also going to have an end-of-year thank you giveaway and survey on December 1st! SQUEE. Keep your eyes peeled for that.
- I also won NaNoWriMo! My writing is basically done for 2015. Phewf and huzzah and give me sleep and cake. I also have a tentative plan to work on The Dead Boy and the Paper Cut (last year’s NaNo) soon and then put more up on Wattpad! I say “tentative” because, ugh, plot holes, okay? PLOT HOLES.
- THE UNBECOMING OF MARA DYER: I have wanted to read this for, basically, ever.
- SIGNS POINT TO YES: Basically just a bite of fluff. But at least it embraced the nerddom side? Thanks Pan Macmillan! ★★
- SIX OF CROWS: Everyone swears this book is the most brilliant thing of ever. Russian-esque fantasy world? Thieves? Anti-heroes? Yes and please. Thanks Hachette Aus!
- UNBECOMING: Apparently it is the week of unbecoming things…I have no idea what this is about! It’s a surprise from Scholastic Aus.
- FALLING KINGDOMS: Because FANTASY. I’m 99% sure fantasy is everything. I actually have no clue what this is about except there’s a character called “Magnus” and I’m predisposed to love Magnuses.
- THE MARVELS: This is by the author of Hugo Cabret! So this book = 50% pictures. YAY! Thank you Scholastic!
- DAUGHTER OF SMOKE AND BONE: I found this for 50 cents at a library sale!! 50 CENTS!! Bless this universe. I adore this book. ★★★★★
- DANGEROUS LIES: A signed copy. SIGNED. Oh my gosh. I only own about 5 signed books, so this is fabulously pleasing. Thank you Simon & Schuster! ★★★★
I also got the Shiver trilogy hardcover boxset because — LIFE IS SHORT. I NEED REWARDS. Plus shiiiiiny. Plus it was $20 for the set at Booktopia Australia. Um…how are they so cheap!??! Who got eaten by wolves to make this happen? EITHER WAY. My Stiefvater Shrine is up to 8 books. I’m only missing the faerie ones now!!
Lately on Instagram…although I’ve been having a slight fight with nature over lighting. And my inspiration = VERY LOW RIGHT NOW DANGIT.
Ohhhh, there is much excitable things this week, humans. PREPARE THINE SELVES.
- The news is pretty old by now but HELLO JK Rowling is writing more children’s books! I’m sure they’ll be bestselling and everyone will hate them.
- And did you know the Hunger Games theme park is actually happening? Can…can I pause for a minute and be outraged? They’ve MISSED the point of the books. Commercialising horror and violence??? Um…this is either a grand irony or horrible oversight. Either way: no.
- Also old(ish) news (hey I’ve been doing NaNoWriMo! I’ve been distracted!) His Dark Materials is going ahead for a TV series.
- Alexandra Bracken (author of The Darkest Minds books which…I have not read, but whatever, they look fabulous) has signed another 4 book deal!
- The Shannara Chronicles are now a MTV series and starts in January 2016 and it. looks. AWESOME. I was looking for a Game of Thrones replacement…could this be it?!
- Sarah J Maas’ A Court of Thorns and Roses is going to be a movie.
- HAVE YOU SEEN THE COVER FOR THE RAVEN KING YET????? IT’S BEAUTIFUL.
Also. YAY! TRAILERS!
- Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight asks why humans are hating on the memes. They’re fun, peoples!
- Abi @ Rambling Writer interviewed…*drumroll*…ME. I know right?! She has fabulous taste.
- Erica @ Novel Ink says don’t hate. Life’s too short, okay? Eat cake. Be happy.
- Amanda @ Nellie and Co asks if fiction needs to be served with a good sidedish of reality? She also tells everyone to follow my blog (and others…but clearly mine is the important one here) so CLEARLY she is excellently wise.
- Alexandra @ Twirling Pages has some excellent tips on taking gorgeous photos. Her instagram is also SO AMAZING. I recommend going to stalk her immediately.
- Aentee @ Read At Midnight asks who you’re blogging for?
- Emily @ Loony Literate debunks writing myths. Apparently we do not all function on coffee alone. Because there is chocolate too…
- Heather @ Sometimes I’m a Story talks about the BEST parts of blogging.
Because I’m freakishly nice and it’s nearly Christmas…I’m having a 10% off storewide sale on my Etsy if you use the code: XMAS10. You know what this means? IT MEANS GLORIOUS THINGS, HUMANS. Basically you can buy a Mini Bookish Necklace for every member of your family now. I’ll do any book cover, too, so if you don’t see your favourite — just send me a message through etsy. IT’S JUST ALL SO FABULOUS.