But seriously now…hoooow is it December?! It came so fast I didn’t even do a November recap! THE SHAME. But to be fair I was busy a) swallowing the entire library in 2 gulps, and b) organising a little celebratory party here on Paper Fury. Go check out my giveaways! You can win ebooks and a mini book necklace and there is cake. Obviously. I also have a survey. Most people have confirmed I should change my name to Ferdinand. Or change it to Cake, even. Because Cake and Cait are pretty interchangeable, let’s be honest.
I’m also trying to think of a plan of attack for posting over the Christmas holidays. Kind, gentle attacking, peoples, do not panic. I am not malicious despite my blog’s name. Will people be around? On holidays? Too busy smothered in chocolate and tinsel to be reading blogs? WHO CAN KNOW. I’m very curious to know if you’re blogging or taking a break during the last weeks of December! This little Grinch will also attempt to post something Christmasy…eventually. (At least my photo above is Christmasy, right?! Festive success!)
Erm so…I ate the library? AGAIN. I can’t even help it anymore! The “rule” is supposed to be I get 2 books out per week, so I don’t a) feel overwhelmed, and b) I’ll still have time for ARCs and co. “So what went wrong, Cait?” you say. EVERYTHING. Books are just too darn adorable and need adopting.
- I AM MALALA: I’ve known her name for ever…but I never actually knew who Malala was or what she stood for. Thank goodness she wrote a book. I ate it. Malala is awesome. (Although the writing of the book is super heavily political and I drowned.) ★★★
- DOES MY HEAD LOOK BIG IN THIS: I’m trying to read more Aussie YA!
- DASH AND LILY’S BOOK OF DARES: Christmas books + Cait = Grinchy reviews punctuated with shrieks of “but that’s not realistic” and therefore Cait learns just to not read Christmas books. ★★
- ARTICLE 5: I can’t even remember why I wanted to read this. BUT I DO.
- CITY OF A THOUSAND DOLLS: Everything about this cover and title intrigues me, okay?! OKAY.
- IF YOU FIND ME: I’ve wanted to read this forever!
- THE OATHBREAKER’S SHADOW: I’ve wanted to read this forever too.
- WOLF BROTHER: Same as above. So bascially I’m caving to me “I’ll borrow that book another day” whims and getting them ALL RIGHT NOW. I’ll regret this soon, I just know it…
- SOUNDLESS: I actually wanted this quite badly because I hear SO many negative things and I am curious. See?! Negative reviews do actually make readers pick up the book!
- WINTER: Because…um…obviously!?!? Although I confess I’m waiting for the audio so I can listen and read along (if I want to) simultaneously. The size scares me, okay?!
- RAGING STAR (Blood Red Road #3): I’m obsessed with this series! It’s so underrated!! And here is the finale…I might cry.
- THE GRAY WOLF THRONE & THE CRIMSON CROWN: I’m also equally obsessed with this series. These are the last two books!! HELP. This is YA fantasy as epic as it should be, humans. Go read it.
- THE BONE GAP: I am so happy to own this entirely marvellously delicious book. IT IS BEAUTIFUL. IT IS EVERYTHING. All the stars and a million more. ★★★★★
Aaaand…on audio from the library!
- SIMON VS THE HOMO SAPIENS AGENDA: I’ve been recommended this by EVERY HUMAN EVER (particularly Maraia and Bieke) and I’m finally reading it. (Well, listening to it!) It’s monstrously adorable.
- PRINCESS OF THORNS: This is absolutely my NEW FAVOURITE OF EVER. I can’t even understand why no one talks about this book?!?! I. had. so. many. feels. I was literally suffocating!! And the ship. MY OTP. AHHHHHHH. I shall scream about this book forever until you all read it because SHEER BRILLIANCE, I TELL YOU.
(Let’s pause for a moment and consider all the bookworms [aka, me right now] who’ve read an entirely underrated book and have so many feels but must suffer alone. WE ARE STRONG.)
My Instagram conglomerations of late…
I’ve got another ginormous round-up, my squids! HAVE FUN.
- Jennifer Niven announced on Twitter that she FINISHED THE ALL THE BRIGHT PLACES SCRIPT. ERMAGERD. Movie. is. happening.
- JON. SNOW. LIVES. [please RIP Cait who now officially cannot even]
- I’m assuming you’ve seen the Captain America 3: Civil War trailer? BECAUSE IT HURTS. To be honest, I’m not thrilled. I want my heroes to bash bad guys not each other…and I will forever love Iron Man because he is the reason I even started watching Marvel.
- And the A Monster Calls trailer is gloriously perfect.
AROUND THE BLOGOSPHERE
- Liselle @ Lunch Time Librarian has a helpful list of tips to make your NaNoWriMo novel stand out.
- Harvey @ Bookmarked says you don’t have to be on EVERY social media platform. Omg, phew.
- Kynndra @ Diva Booknerd asks what blogging means to YOU…and I might’ve just contributed to this post so SQUEE. Thanks for having me, Kynndra!
- Sabrina @ Books and Bark talks about The Hunger Games and how it’s so popular and the franchise is huge and the violence is begin forgotten…and isn’t that what the Capitol did? ERGH. I also love this post so much I could hug it.
- Sara @ Sincerely Sara lists a bunch of Etsy favourites! AND LISTS MY STORE. SO OMG LET ME FLAIL WITH JOY. I am honoured!
- Natalie @ The Honest Book Club walks us through book slumps and is perfectly hilarious.
- Emily @ Loony Literate has detailed instructions on how to cook a book. Which is just grand and I’m following this recipe next time. ALL THE GINGER.
- Alison @ Wonderland Recipes CONTINUALLY KILLS ME with beautiful cake. This time it’s Dauntless cake. I will eat my computer in a second. If you’re not following her, you’re seriously missing out.
- Hannah @ Plottinger Twist interviewed me. MEEE. I’m immensely honoured. Eeep! We talk about dragons and writing.
- Tina @ Read the Bloody Book talks about book blogger guilt. The struggle is real, humans.
- SJ @ A Tree Grows in Bookland asks why we procrastinate books we really wanted to read!! Which is an excellent question because, gah, I do this all. the. time.