My dad has mentioned (a lot) that it seems to him our blog is devoid of his frabjous presence. This may be true (though don’t forget this father’s day post), so I am remedying it today by introducing you to my dad.
Because he is awesome.
The first thing you should know about my dad is…
He always wins Monopoly.
Okay, there was this one time (it was so delicious) that I bled both him and Mime dry. I only owned the Brown section (you know, Vine Street, Bow Street, and Marlborough), and yet I drained their credit cards (we have that funky new Monopoly set) and sat back laughing like a rich, mad-woman.
There I am, hiding behind my property card. That’s dad’s look of “Oh, this is unplanned…I am not winning”. Mime is smiling because she’s losing like usual and doesn’t realize it yet. Our minions are preparing us lunch in the background.
My dad is also the awesome kind that let me use power tools when I was little. Well, little-er.
I remember this occasion. This (below) is one of many houses we lived in. This one, in particular, we liked to repaint a variety of colours. Continually. Here I am below, with a drill. I’m not sure why we’re taking the verandah apart (this is the second story of the house), but it sounds
My dad is a brilliant grandpa. He’s only had 2 and a bit years practise, so I think he’s doing extremely well.
Having grandkids is more fun then having kids, I’ve heard. It’s an interesting theory.
My dad is many other wonderful things.
– He introduced me to superhero movies.
– He taught me how to drive. (Grey hair all round.)
– He makes the funniest jokes.
– He taught me about computers.
– He comes to listen to Mime and my concerts when we perform on various instruments.
– He prays a blessing on us every night.
– He enjoys getting beaten by me when we play cards.
– He’s very supportive of my Christmas baking.
– He has full confidence my books will be made into movies.
– He saved me from getting murdered by a kookaburra when I was 8.
– He also canoed under a log with a crocodile on it with Mime (they didn’t die. Just in case you were wondering).
– He believes chocolate is good for you, a belief I share.
– And he enjoys getting poked in the ribs. (Loves it. Seriously.)
You are the best in the world. And you are officially on the blog.
love your 28.
Author interviews and and GIVEAWAY tomorrow. Coming for the party?