Despite feeling like July should equal copious amounts of naps…I actually was PRODUCTIVE this month!
Between, you know, laying on the carpet like an authorly smear of moans. Because the author life is hard ok. I am waiting for some Secret Emails™ and also nervously watching ATPN enter its 2nd month birthday and continue slaying hearts all over the world. (Awww! So cute!) At some point I will stop panicking about writing, yes???? Ha ha h hahahhahha.
Before we go on though…A Thousand Perfect Notes is on sale for basically $1 on Amazon Kindle UK and US!
This is INSANELY GOOD OK?! I mean it’s less than a coffee and you can buy 3 years of me working my little heart out. Amazing! I’m fine! Totally fine! (PS. No idea how long this last so goooo!)
Still hyperventilating over that part where my debut is out in the world…and also now in second printing?!
I LOVE YOU ALL. Seriously I would not be here without your support!! I, this smol anxious atypical author, am getting to start my career and I just !!! I am so grateful!!
Also it’s been featured on Goodreads list of Best YA Books of 2018…WHICH IS FREAKING AMAZING.
Sort of can’t believe it so nobody wake me up from this nice dream. And hECK YES I rated my own book 5 stars. I am its #1 fan.
Don’t forget to leave some reviews on Amazon and Goodreads if you can! It helps so much.
- Ok so one of my favourite authors Elizabeth May (she wrote The Falconer!) BOUGHT MY BOOK. #soft #screaming
- It was also at my publishers’ stall at #YALC in the UK!
- It also got featured in the Sunday Mail (a UK newspaper) which is…really special (!!) plus it was 1 of only 10 YA/Children’s books picked so…. !!!!
- Also did I mention it’s IN SECOND PRINTING.
- IT’S ONLY 2 MONTHS OLD.
- Super excited to have it featured in the Duality Book Box! I have my first official fanart ahhh.
- It also hit the Amazon Bestseller List! For, um…”violent YA” LOOOOOL. So typical of me tbh. But I’ll take it. I am in some seriously famous company here too woah.
- Also my author copies FINALLY ARRIVED…after being missing for a month. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ But at least they are here. So shiny and so…slippery, actually. They keep trying to leap out of my hands??? This might be because I am horrible to my characters.
- I do want to do some giveaways soon! But shipping is madly expensive so bare with me while I try to figure this out.
I read 18 books this month!
It wasn’t actually the best reading month in terms of high-star-ratings…oops. I have been stressed. NO REASON WHY. But since it’s August now, I’ve actually been on reading FIRE this week and finishing a book a day (!!) which I haven’t done all year?! WHO AM I. WHAT DARK LEGION ATE ME.
Anyway this will probably last for 2 more days and then I’ll return to vaguely lying on the carpet with another dying pterodactyl shriek of existential crises. #Noice
BOOKS BOUGHT vs REVIEW COPIES
Also thanks to Bloomsbury and Owlcrate and Beacon Book Box for the other review books!
I also bought Little Do We Know and History Is All You Left Me (which I already LOVE so high time I had a physical copy!) and my preorder of Ship It finally came…like 2 months late. Thanks Australia. So…much…thanks…
“Didn’t you already watch this recently???” you ask with some confusion as I never watch movies let alone rewatch them. And the answer is YES. But my younger sister was visiting from uni so we both wanted to rewatch. We are both Thor and Loki as siblings tbh (NO GUESS FOR WHICH I AM) and the Australian humour adds years to our life.
Have I seen Civil War yet? Black Panther? Guardians Vol 2? HAHAH NO. I HAVE NOT. I have absolutely no priorities here someone help me.
I love this show SO MUCH. But only 4 seasons are on Netflix? Who hurt you, Netflix, that you must hurt me. Anyway it’s totally dumb and yet heartwarming and I fully love Rosa so much and every time she appears with her aMAZING HAIR, I just can’t even. Charles makes me so uncomfortable. I LOVE GINA. Amy is Hermione. Jake matured so muuuuuch omg he’s precious. And Holt is fantastic I love him and his resting-death-face. Also I appreciate that Terry is everyone’s MOTHER.
There were some episodes that had me not laughing as much as in previous seasons tho??? Shame on thee. Or on me being dead inside but pfffft. Let me rather blame the show.
I love the book soooo muuuuuuch. So you KNOW I was freaking keen to finally see this. I liked it a lot and it was funny and freaking adorable. But Martin was so cringey. No one punched him either?? I’m so confused??? I would have??? And I know the Ferris Wheel Scene caused a division amongst fans but: OK I’M SORRY BUT I DIDN’T LIKE THAT PART EITHER. It just felt out-of-character for Blue? He was so shy and then to be so public about coming out? I like Shy-Book-Blue better.
But pfft it was still adorable and adorkable and I hope we get more movies like this from now on. Because look?! It’s actually making me watch movies instead of flap about eating the sun and being hyper with no direction!! Wow!
- So I also managed to draft a new book in July! I told you ok?! PRODUCTIVE. It’s totally a secret so I can say nothing #soft #screams but I got a 78,000-word draft in 11 days and I don’t hate EVERY word. Just like 87% of them! I finished and immediately wanted to rewrite. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- 1st drafting sucks.
- I do miss being able to ramble on about my writing to you all. I’m sorrrrrry.
- Although I’m about to launch into more edits for The Boy Who Steals Houses so hopefully I’ll be able to share a few snippets?! (PS. You can read half the first chapter in the back of ATPN too!)
- I also…have had struggles with pirating. From joining in the discussion on twitter to having someone legit tag me to tell me they’d pirated my book. I mean. It’s devastating to me. I don’t even care how well people “think my career is doing” it will NOT LAST if I don’t get sales. This is fact. Anyway, I did totally cry about it. I’m so scared I won’t be able to be a full time author and people are just…maybe clueless? Maybe cruel. It’s still devastating.
- But anyway.
- In a WEEK I’m going to visit my older sister and her kids! Aka, I’m (a) taking my first solo plane flight and I’m pretty much about to hurl myself into the void just thinking about it, (b) I’m an anxious WRECK at all times did I mention, (c) I I think I might take a 2-week blogging hiatus.
- I never NEVER hiatus. But it’s just two weeks, starting around the 13th. And I admit: I’m really tired.
- Like reeeeally tired.
- I constantly tweet. I post 2 x a day on instagram. I blog 3 x a week…and WRITE BOOKS…and READ ALL THE BOOKS. And review. I’ve been working on some super challenging edits all year. Just generally being in publishing is frikkin exhausting.
- I’m just a little 0_0
- But I’ll still be all over social media, because I’m addicted. Seriously. I don’t understand social media hiatuses. DO YOU EXPECT ME TO TALK TO MY FAMILY???? ugh. But my Instagram Stories will NO DOUBT soon be flooded with cute baby nephew photos. And I’ll get to attack my sister’s library again so!! EXCITED. (And, ya know, see her and the older nephews/nieces. But pfft, priorities are LIBRARY + BABY.)
- In other news? My dog is a shapeshifting hellhound.
- He also jUMPED in the fishpond. He just like…jumped in there. He hates water. I thought he hated fish. Now the fish are traumatised and my dog smelled like a pond.
- I broke my keyboard on my Macbook Pro…again. (To be fair, it lasted 4 months this time. Wild.)
- We made a lemon meringue pie and I’m currently pushing for a chocolate pie. Because dessert is keeping this world together tbh.