The fact that I get to type out the words “my 2nd novel releases today!” is turning me into a pile of emotions.
I just 😭😍 I’m so grateful and also fiercely fiercely proud that The Boy Who Steals Houses is out today. In bookstores! On shelves! Arriving in mailboxes across the world to slowly and lovingly steal year house too! I fought really hard for this book and the journey wasn’t easy — but it’s here.
Both my books are incredibly special to me. A Thousand Perfect Notes began my publishing journey. The Boy Who Steals Houses wholly contains my soul. And I just want to say thank you to everyone who’s read them, is going to read them, and has let me take up space in your shelves and in your hearts.
And then I just want to say AHHHHHHHHHHHHH because I gotta.
AVAILABLE TO BUY NOW AT
It’s also out in Australia on the 9th! And it’s a UK + Australian release only, so if you’re in the USA you’ll need to order online!
I wrote all my messy emotional thank-yous in the back of TBWSH, but extra love needs to go to:
My super agent, Polly Nolan! Who has to scrape me off the floor on occasion and absolutely believes in my writing. And my editors, Rosie McIntosh and Megan Larkin, who turned my book into something exceptional. Plus the whole Orchard team. So many people go into making a book! SO. Many. It’s incredible and I’m so grateful. 💛
And you…you know who you are. All of you supporters of my online work. My followers and cheerleaders. You tell people about my books and recommend them and buy them and blog about them. And it makes the absolute world of difference. I hope you know I can never thank you enough. 😘
Just a little bit of news…
- If you haven’t caught up on my blog tour yet, don’t forget to read (1) this super cute deleted scene over at A Little But A Lot, (2) a purely amazing review from Zoe at No Safer Place, and (3) I write my 5 key inspirations behind the book over at Tea Party Princess!
- It ended up sitting at 80 on the Book Depository bestseller list and making a bestselling preorder list. I’m still s c r e a m i n g.
- And ok fine I know authors aren’t supposed to stalk their Goodreads pages…but the reviews are SO KIND and I kind of was just reading and squeaking. Seeing people understand and analyse the heart of my story, seeing reviews saying how messed up but loveable Sam is, having everyone FALL IN LOVE with the big chaotic De Lainey family…I can’t. omg all of you. I’m so grateful I just. 😫😭💛💛💛
- I mean, TBWSH hasn’t had the widespread promo that my debut got (which was in book boxes and got hyped a lot, which I’m still stoked about!) but it is being so so cherished by you all. And that means everything to me.
- Don’t forget to leave a review if you’re able!! That helps me SO much.
- Also if you want to follow along with my publishing journey I’ve written posts on:
I’m going to leave you with some snippets and then sprint away into the dusk to eat ice cream in celebration.
I mean, shh, I know as a cake enthusiast, I should really be eating cake. But the world has gifted us with dairy free magnums and I am alive for the purpose of consuming them.
And lastly a peek at the fanart I commissioned of Moxie and Sam!
I’ll be doing a giveaway of prints later (just waiting on them to arrive). It’s by @parvaillust and everything about it is SO perfect, I can’t stop staring! My kids!!!
thank you all for your incredible support for this book that means so so much to me!!
ahhh i’m so tired and happy 😍